Sat 7th May: CCSF: Wigan Warriors v St Helens KO 14:30 (BBC One)

Who will win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/05/22 at 14:00

5 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

@tonyXIII - fancy a pint with Padge?

Tony is having trouble with outlaws. We met up earlier in the week.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Liam Farrell really enjoyed that!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Get in the ginger pearl. Great try.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, DavidM said:

Wow what happened there . You got have drove the Queen Mary through that gap … sideways 

Lomax slipped, but tbh he looked like he wasn’t getting there anyway. It’s going to be a pretty heavy win for Wigan this. You can’t play big games with just half a halfback. 

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Wow what happened there . You could have drove the Queen Mary through that gap … sideways 

I think that it was Cust intercepting a high, wide pass out of the air and immediately moving the ball on in the centre of the field. St Helens were moving to their right wing to cover where the ball looked like it was going. But even so, that was a big gap.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Extraordinary chase back and double tackle on French from young Welsby. I didn't realise he was THAT fast. I thought there might have been a knock-on from Wigan before French scooped up, so it's probably good for the Cherry and Whites that he came up short. Plus, the yellow card for Saints!

French looks on today. Hot-stepping down the right and they come back to the middle for Farrell to rampage over under the sticks.

Wigan playing brave and having a go, and defending tough against a slightly off but still dangerous Saints. Awesome opening half!

Edited by StandOffHalf
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Roy Haggerty said:

Lomax slipped, but tbh he looked like he wasn’t getting there anyway. It’s going to be a pretty heavy win for Wigan this. You can’t play big games with just half a halfback. 

We Leeds fans have been telling you this for the last few years 😉

St Helens players having to reach and snatch to catch passes. Not typical.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

51 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Is Ben Davies an experienced half back?

He most certainly looks inexperienced, Saints resemble a rudderless ship In the first half, Woolf needs to sort it out for the second half if they are to get back into the game.

Edited by Harry Stottle

No fan of Wigan but i'm enjoying seeing them put the most amazing super dooper SL ever team in their place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

2 minutes ago, Roy Haggerty said:

Very poor saints attack, which is basically down to having half a halfback instead of 2!

Saints have been fortunate in the last few years to have avoided injuries to their spine at the same time, that luck was always going to run out at some point.

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

Anyway,  been class from Wigan so far.  40 mins away from first challenge cup final in a fair few years. 

It'd be good to see a new name on the trophy for a change... :kolobok_wink:

• Haha 3

Ralph Waldo Emerson