Less than 20,000 sold for Cup Semi Triple Header it seems

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

There are three games being played.

I know there are three games but im not driving so i have don’t have any say in the matter of what time we go. That is why i will be only seeing the two mens games. When  the women’s game KO off we’ll still be travelling. I hope this is a good enough reason. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damien said:

If nothing emphasises the women's game just being tagged on and seen as unimportant it's that. I don't even blame Josef for not knowing, or even caring as I don't see many other Wigan or Saints fans leaving at 9am to see it, but I do certainly blame the RFL.

You’ll have to see my reply to gingerjohn Damien as why i won’t be able watch it. I would’ve liked to have seen it though. 

I think I read on Twitter that the RFL are now expecting 23,000 on the day.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I would guess 22k so not too far away

Yeah my more pessimistic/realistic guess would've been 22,350 - but I'm hopeful the 1500 Wigan someone quoted was wrong and that enough fans from Leeds will want to support the ladies to further boost numbers. And who knows, if that second taxi from Huddersfield finishes the airport run in time, they could double their numbers! 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

They booked the venue long before they knew who the semi finalists would be. 

Yes, but in my mind it was a mistake.

I think the fact that two of our biggest clubs and one of the best supported clubs this season in Hull KR can’t fill Elland Rd anywhere near its capacity shows that any combination of SL clubs would have failed too.

Hiring football stadiums for triple headers just isn’t merited.

People in the main have voted with their feet here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Yes, but in my mind it was a mistake.

I think the fact that two of our biggest clubs and one of the best supported clubs this season in Hull KR can’t fill Elland Rd anywhere near its capacity shows that any combination of SL clubs would have failed too.

Hiring football stadiums for triple headers just isn’t merited.

People in the main have voted with their feet here.

I don't entirely disagree with you - we have enough decent sized SL grounds that would've grossed higher attendance. As you said Wigan v Saints at Halliwell would've been 15k sell out and Hudds v HKR at Headingley easily 10k+. The crux of all this seems to be we need to do away with double/triple headers for semi finals - it just doesn't seem to work as well as was hoped...regardless of venue. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

What’s with the moaning Elland Road’s a decent stadium.  Probably the easiest ground in the uk to get to... 

That just isn't true on any kind of level. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

I think Hull KR are at 20,000 now with Saints, Wigan and Hudds at -500 each.

Those Robins fans love to travel!

😂😂😂😂

Although to be fair we have bought 1/3rd of the tickets sold, so looking forward to a sea of red tomorrow 👍🏼

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

32 minutes ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

What’s with the moaning Elland Road’s a decent stadium.  Probably the easiest ground in the uk to get to, good atmosphere and although dated decent facilities if you’re in the east stand excellent facilities.  Rugby League fans only happy when moaning.

It’s a proper dump. Most of it is over 50 years old. Only the dwarves would have enough leg room in the West Stand - Snow White would have no chance 

• Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

5 hours ago, Damien said:

@Big PictureTo put this in a different way, doing exactly the same triple header at Elland Road and having teams named Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield and London there would sell to absolutely no more neutrals than we will get on Saturday. Instead we'd be lucky to get 4 figures. Not having big city names doesn't even rate on the list of reasons why this event hasn't captured the imagination.

@DamianRL wouldn't have such strong clubs based in those cities unless it was a lot more popular and geographically bigger than it is, in which case the League wouldn't have been reduced to making the Cup Semi-Finals a double header in the first place.  If the game had the requisite popularity for that, I think you'd find that the Semi-Finals would draw very well just as the FA Cup Semi-Finals do.

1 hour ago, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

What’s with the moaning Elland Road’s a decent stadium.  Probably the easiest ground in the uk to get to

Brentford is easiest for me... just half a dozen stops on number 94.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

I know there are three games but im not driving so i have don’t have any say in the matter of what time we go. That is why i will be only seeing the two mens games. When  the women’s game KO off we’ll still be travelling. I hope this is a good enough reason. 

You don't have to be interested in the women's game. I aren't yet I enjoy other women's sports such as Leeds women's Ice Hockey. 

It clashes with the championship football final day anyway.

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I don't entirely disagree with you - we have enough decent sized SL grounds that would've grossed higher attendance. As you said Wigan v Saints at Halliwell would've been 15k sell out and Hudds v HKR at Headingley easily 10k+. The crux of all this seems to be we need to do away with double/triple headers for semi finals - it just doesn't seem to work as well as was hoped...regardless of venue. 

Imagine the grief the RFL would have got on this forum if they didn’t know where the semi finals were going to be played with three weeks to go. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Imagine the grief the RFL would have got on this forum if they didn’t know where the semi finals were going to be played with three weeks to go. 

Surely you just make it a rule along the lines of each semi final venue shall be determined on completion of quarter finals. Games should be played at a neutral venue and relatively equidistant* for travelling teams where possible. 

*the French are unlikely to get this treatment

5 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I don't disagree with you on that, but that's not what we have unfortunately. I'm trying to understand under these circumstances, where else could've been selected or was even available that would've seemingly attracted more fans in your view? 

Headingley, Valley Parade, Oakwell, Keepmoat, Reebok, Deepdale, Obviously DW and John Smiths could be considered if it's done again, all in my opinion would offer a better experience than Elland Road.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Eddie said:

They used to do it in football and RL all the time 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Not much as playing at neutral venues was the norm previously.

I just don’t see what we’re gaining under the current guise.

The only clear winner is the broadcaster who saves on setup costs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scubby said:

I think Hull KR are at 20,000 now with Saints, Wigan and Hudds at -500 each.

Those Robins fans love to travel!

FC would have taken more!!!!

Last i heard 2 days ago was

Hull KR - 5800

Wigan 1,750

Saints 3,400

Huddersfield 1,800

As for percentage of average home crowd these figures equate to:

Hull KR 68.44%

Huddersfield 34.54%

St Helens 24.80%

Wigan 16.17%

2 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Wasn't sure if to post this here or attendance thread but seen as I've been vocal on this one more recently, I thought best to stick it here - prediction for tomorrow's attendance. 

I'll go, with some optimism - 24,650 

What say you?