Is it time for a new coach?

Wakefield Ram

2 hours ago, silcoates said:

In the league Express today Lee adds "We need to add a cutting edge to our game and get more points on the board". It's a shame he didn't realise that about two years ago.How on earth is he still in the job.

And I presume chisel chisholm wouldn't have provided that cutting edge 🤔

Edited by coolie
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, silcoates said:

In the league Express today Lee adds "We need to add a cutting edge to our game and get more points on the board". It's a shame he didn't realise that about two years ago.How on earth is he still in the job.

This has been the problem from the start. I don't know whether much time is spent practicing moves on the opposition line, but for the last 3 years we have struggled to reach 20 points in a game. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, silcoates said:

Don't know,but why don't you ask him on Sunday and let us know. He's very approachable is Lee 😉

• Like 1

I'm sure LG is well aware and is approachable, but it doesn't change the fact that over last 3 seasons we have struggled.

Much of that time it's been 5 drives and a kick. This season playing more rugby but when we get to the opposition line we lack ideas. Butterworth and Kidd scored a couple of tries early season with a short kick, seen it only once since, we rarely force a line drop out, we have one of the best high ball catchers in Andy Gabriel - how many times do we kick to his corner on 6th tackle? How many times for Adam Ryder get the ball near opposition line? 

And most of all, we can't play for 80 minutes like v Workington, we get to 18-6 up and then should have killed the game off. It's like the teams morale is so fragile.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Don't know,but why don't you ask him on Sunday and let us know. He's very approachable is Lee 😉

I'll talk to him. But he's shown in the last 2 years he hasn't been able to get the quality of players or quality of play required.Gabrial for instance, potentially a very good player,just scored his first try of the season.On sunday however i expect the best team possible to be picked and to give FEV. a good go.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, silcoates said:

MCGOWAN JOINS DEWSBURY RAMS ON LOAN

A product of the Giants Academy, the full-back was an ever-present in the Academy side and also featured in the Giants matchday squad in 2021. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, POR said:

A product of the Giants Academy, the full-back was an ever-present in the Academy side and also featured in the Giants matchday squad in 2021. 

Thought Davey Dixon did a cracking job at FB a few weeks ago.  Is he on our injured list now too?

Its time for something!!! .... We are a shambles!! .... no organisation or direction either on or off the field!! ... feels like a painful journey  from obscurity to oblivion!!.... Does anyone care!! ........  YES ME!!! 

Edited by the old nine ole
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, POR said:

Was brill at York last year , you've got a gem there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

The team looked flat today from the start and were for most of the game. That we played so badly for most of the game and still only lost by 2 points is depressing and frustrating. It's not lack of effort, it's lack of coordination and that spark of enthusiasm. 

We had 4 sets on the Barrow line and couldn't score. Yet again we can't get to 20 points. 

42 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

The team looked flat today from the start and were for most of the game. That we played so badly for most of the game and still only lost by 2 points is depressing and frustrating. It's not lack of effort, it's lack of coordination and that spark of enthusiasm. 

We had 4 sets on the Barrow line and couldn't score. Yet again we can't get to 20 points. 

Yeah it was there for the taking all game. Again lacked craft, guile and execution.

• Like 2

I said this last July, but we desperately need a new coach. I have absolutely nothing against LG, he seems a very decent bloke but he came to the Rams with no Championship coaching experience and limited League One experience with a development club. He's signed some good players but I struggle to remember one full game where the players have looked fired up for 40 minutes let alone 80 minutes.

We need a coach who can motivate the players and can provide the attacking nous we are so badly lacking. We probably only need to win 5-6 games to stay up, but Barrow yesterday and Newcastle were two games we should have won. I have no confidence things are going to improve. Grinding down the opposition seems to be the only tactic.

Edited by Wakefield Ram
  • Like 1

.......IF we were to let LG go (and I'm NOT advocating that we should) who do you realistically think that we could get to take the job AND do a better job than the current set-up is doing ??? The playing budget must have been drastically reduced with the TV monies dropping like they have AND we must have lost thousands with no car boot sales for so long and the cancellation of the Boxing day fixture ..... LG has got players to join the Club and then suffered with a massive injury list, and that injury jinx has extended to the loan players with Aidan McGowan yesterday -- not to mention experienced players costing us the game like Blackmore did yesterday.... personally, I think we have to stick with Lee and hope that the promise we keep showing eventually comes to the surface and we do enough to avoid relegation. the next two home games are CRUCIAL .......and getting behind the team is the best thing we can do right now.

Over to you for the suggestions ...............

Who might want the job? A coach who knows he'll be given at least 2-3 seasons so that will attract applicants. And a Chairman that won't interfere. 

I'm not sure what promise we are showing other than in 10-20 minute intervals. And this is his 3rd season forgetting 2020. Injuries have been bad but the forwards have done okay, it's the backs where we struggle to score.

3 hours ago, coolie said:

OK let's think outside the box for a moment 🤔

Is the problem really greenwood?? 

Or the deep rooted wisdom teeth at the club who seem untouchable 🤔

Thoughts🤔

They go hand in hand for me. 
has a club if you cannot financially compete you need a long term plan to develop your own  players,you can’t keep continuing fire fighting bringing in players on a week to week basis. Clearly there is a trust issue for whatever reason that the coach doesn’t trust the younger players but by now the younger players more than likely don’t trust the coach either. Surely a better plan would be to nurture those young players and make them feel like they have a future and continue to develop at the same time. Are we going to keep wheeling Sykes and Knowles out for ever. 
then you ask the question if and it’s a big if what happens if relegation happens we will need those younger cheaper players more than ever but will they be wanting to stay at the risk of spending another season been messed about. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, coolie said:

Thoughts🤔

I'll let you know on 5 years if they're still playing for you...

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

22 hours ago, coolie said:

Thoughts🤔

I can think of two people still at the club now who were around at the time of the building of the stadium. The management ,committee of the time were informed that the dimentions of the pitch were  in correct .But nothing was done.I wonder if Ned Kelly new?

/

3 hours ago, silcoates said:

I can think of two people still at the club now who were around at the time of the building of the stadium. The management ,committee of the time were informed that the dimentions of the pitch were  in correct .But nothing was done.I wonder if Ned Kelly new?

/

Why would ned Kelly know? He was playing when you moved to the ground not coach… 

• Like 1