NRL 2022 - MATCH THREAD - Round 9

b72c3c46ae8069f823ec82dc9f11a64f.jpg3e04558973f27c6506bd98ddaaf5f6ee--nrl-bulldogs-rugby-league.jpg

FRIDAY MAY 6

Canberra Raiders vs Canterbury Bulldogs at GIO Stadium, 6.00pm AEDT

Raiders team: 1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Nick Cotric 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Matthew Timoko 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Matt Frawley 7. Brad Schneider 8. Josh Papalii’i 9. Adam Elliott 10. Joseph Tapine 11. Hudson Young 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Ryan Sutton

14. Tom Starling 15. Corey Harawira-Naera 16. Sebastian Kris 17. Corey Horsburgh 18. Harry Rushton 22. Sam Williams

Players Cut: 19. Emre Guler 20. Xavier Savage 21. Trey Mooney 23. James Schiller 24. Peter Hola

Late Mail: Ricky Stuart has named Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad at fullback again with Jordan Rapana switching back to the wing. At the moment the Raiders are expected to be 1-17 with Adam Elliott expected to again start at hooker.

Bulldogs team: 1. Matt Dufty 2. Brent Naden 3. Aaron Schoupp 4. Jake Averillo 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Luke Thompson 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Corey Waddell 12. Tevita Pangai Junior 13. Josh Jackson

14. Bailey Biondi-Odo 15. Joe Stimson 16. Max King 17. Ava Seumanufagai 23. Jayden Okunbor 25. Chris Patolo

Players Cut: 19. Josh Cook 20. Jackson Topine 21. Brandon Wakeham 22. Reece Hoffman 24. Paul Alamoti

Late Mail: No changes expected for the Bulldogs either after a last-start win over the Roosters. Josh Jackson returns from Covid-19 while Brent Naden also replaces Jayden Okunbor on the wing.

22 minutes in, five touchdowns and finally a try is given.

Conversion missed - Canberra 4:0 Canterbury

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Frawley sells a couple of dummies and goes in under the posts. Converted for 10:0.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Canberra trying to set a "no try" record here.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Raiders 12:0 Bulldogs, with about half an hour to go. The Green Machine is quite capable of losing this match, with that much time in hand.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Raiders 14:4 Bulldogs, with 4 minutes to go, but Canberra have just lost Croker to a dislocation, in his first match back from injury.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The jaws of victory finally get something to chew on at GIO Stadium - 14:4 at FT.

Straight over to Penrith/Parramatta now, where it is nil all so far.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

First blood to the Panthers - Dylan Edwards try, Cleary conversion.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Back-to-back tries put the Eels ahead, with 10 to go. 

Penrith 14:22 Parramatta

Ralph Waldo Emerson

20:22 with less than 2 minutes to go!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A 2 point DG attempt from Cleary, but nowhere near going over. His kicking radar's been off this evening, which has been the difference between two fiercely-committed sides.

Game over, and the Eels have squeaked a win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Raiders - Dogs was very forgettable . Raiders needed that but they look a long way off . Watching that I was wondering why Sticky hasn’t been picking Frawley alongside Wighton . He looked pretty assured and Schneider has looked pretty hapless all season . Good win for Parra busting ( temporarily ) the Penrith bubble . I thought Moses was pretty  quiet but their pack led the way . Parra are a bit of an enigma but they can match the best on their day 

12 hours ago, Futtocks said:

A 2 point DG attempt from Cleary, but nowhere near going over. His kicking radar's been off this evening, which has been the difference between two fiercely-committed sides.

Game over, and the Eels have squeaked a win.

Had a corporate seat to watch this last night. What a great game with Parra deserving their win in this much anticipated derby.

The loss will do us a world of good as a few players are currently below the mark in form. I believe we will also lose to the Storm next week.

On 06/05/2022 at 05:39, Graham said:

They seem to have turned the corner.

By beating Sharks and Souths who have looked very good at their best they’ve shown they should be taken seriously … again.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves😀

5 wins 2 against bulldogs and 2 against a poor bunnies team.The other win was against a decent Cronulla side.

let’s see how they go against Manly next week. If they can win that one then I’ll agree that they may have turned the corner…but they need to wrap Reynolds in cotton wool. 

Wowzer - Paramatta win the battle of the West, I thought the Penny Panthers winning run as coing to an end but I thought next week rather than this week,

As Jason Bell would put it - The NRL never fails to entertain

Raiders v Dogs was not great viewing and we are getting the Nine picks with the FOXTEL commentary here in the UK. Which equates to a Queensland side on TV each week.

Sad to see Croker off with an arm injury and hoping this is not it for him but I cannot see Canberra anywhere near the top 8. Defensively sound but offensively playing a lot of one out rugby and lacking pace and a cutting edge. If you acn score 26 points you will beat Ricky's Raiders in most games.

Gus will not be seeking credit for another desperate dogs defeat.... A lot of Trent Barrett looking concerned and shaking his head on the sidelines. Apart from the fact this is not good if you on the field and your are looking at the big screen. Is it really Trent's way of giving the "it's not me" message to the TV audience...

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

52min: Peachey try but now the bunker wants to look at the grounding.

Knock on but Manly player knocked on earlier in the play. Wests get the scrum 10m out.