Leigh up next

Dog forever

Left hand defence is non-existent, nobody sliding across and standing off their no6. Regardless of who the opposition is you have to do the basics.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, phildog said:

Left hand defence is non-existent, nobody sliding across and standing off their no6. Regardless of who the opposition is you have to do the basics.

Looking like a cricket score so far.

Just now, Dog forever said:

Terrible Terrible 1st half. Totally outplayed in every position. I really don't expect us to win, but I thought we would have showed some bulldog spirit.

It was. Not playing the first half and too many mistakes, but.... Leigh look such a good side, their forwards rolling over us.

Didn't expect that. What an awful display by our lads. Worst I have seen us play in a long time. Credit to leigh though, what a brilliant performance by them. London next week, so let's get back to playing like we know we can. From what I have seen tonight leigh are a class above fev , and now have my vote to go straight back up. 

• Like 3

They owe the club across the board on Sunday. Discipline doesn't improve, ball management was awful tonight, ripped open out wide 6 times with no defence interested in getting across. We need to do ALL the basics right on Sunday, throw Batley tackling and Bulldog spirit into the mix and some gumption with the ball.

• Like 1

Didn't expect to win tonight but never expected that! We never got going first 3 tries where like watching action replays! Leigh where good, but we just never turned up even talking to leigh fans after they  thought it would have been a tougher  game, too many mistakes and no intensity from our boys, shame we had our worst display this season in front of the TV camera's. One to forget I reckon! 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 2

If we'd have played like we did against Sheffield last week then we may not have won. Sport  is weird isn't it ? Like when you played Featherstone twice in the space of 7 days earlier in the season, absolutely anything can happen.

• Like 1

Miles off tonight, we never gave ourselves a chance, how many errors in possession?

But credit where’s it due, they were miles better than us. Outside backs must’ve been twice the size of ours, just too strong in all areas. They’ll take some stopping.

I was gonna boycott the Bash as it’s only in Leeds, but that Fev v Leigh fixture on the same day as us might just be worth hanging around for….

• Like 2

Far too many errors individually and not what we're used to at the Mount. Having said that Leigh were very good. There aren't many teams that can and will roll over us like they did.

Going to be an interesting 1895 final and play off final when Leigh & Fev get there! 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

13 hours ago, Dog forever said:

No leaky tonight. Not as confident as I was earlier today.

Unfortunately there was plenty of leaky tonight🤔

Quite shocked how batley got stuffed in their own back yard

Yes Leigh are turning into a juggernaut... 

Had Batley down for a 20 point defeat, going uphil first half thought you'd a good chance 

Dust yourselves down and go again

• Like 2

Leigh are a very good side and them and Fev have two very contrasting styles which makes it intriguing. Let's not forget that your lads had done a day's work before facing an excellent full time side. Fev got 50 plus against you and look what happened next. Every game is different.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Unfortunately there was plenty of leaky tonight🤔

Quite shocked how batley got stuffed in their own back yard

Yes Leigh are turning into a juggernaut... 

Had Batley down for a 20 point defeat, going uphil first half thought you'd a good chance 

Dust yourselves down and go again

Can’t compete when you drop the ball every other set after defending 6 sets back to back 

31 minutes ago, BirstallDog said:

Just a bad day at the office.  - We all have those ?

Learn from it...and move on.

Ours are

Had a good day at the office and gave featherstone a game 🤔

Seems everyday is a bad day at the office ATM🤔

Likes been said some  players finished work couple of hours before kickoff, but it dident look a patch on the team that met fev part 2. tackling were shocking under sticks,we were due a hicup at some point and am sure it will be back on the horse sunday,for just how good leigh are they sure have unhappy looking players.

Interesting to note that when Leigh were playing uphill at the scrum they kept holding the ball in the scrum like in Union to try and catch Batley offside.

Workington in the last match struck and won the ball at the scrum against the head.

Maybe we have to get smarter.

Roll on Sunday.

Edited by RogerT
  • Like 1

we dont really want a reminder ....but here's last weeks scores

res 11.jpg

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..