The French Elite Competition - Next Season and Beyond

54 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You think they could actually win it @barnyia?

If Carcassonne don't Albi could 😁Lézignan could be close but the squad is quite thin at the moment but full of quality, limoux will always be there or thereabouts, not much news coming from Avignon, st Gaudens and toulouse should be stronger, Pia won't finish last as they've a good squad, Villeneuve will struggle but should be strong in a couple of years after using their home grown players, 

You never know about XIIi catalan as they're a club to promote players to super League and it depends how many of the older players stay and the quality of the juniors stepping up. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, audois said:

Toulouse Olympique have sruggled too at Elite 1 far,far from the Dragons who are in the play-offs regularly. But now a real effort is being made with the club realising that a reserve out fit is necessary. Half a dozen new comers will be at the old Minimes Stadium in the months ahead.

From Villeneuve two former players in forward Masselot and centre Marguerite – both former internations. Also a fine young lad too in forward Biscarro – much expected from him. From Catalans Dragons utility back Brochin and finally two rugby unuion players from Federal rugby union in Georgian Amirana and Devisne – both forwards

Looking forward to seeing Biscarro in a Toulouse shirt. Every chance that he could turn out for the first team too

• Like 1

On 16/08/2022 at 23:45, The Rocket said:

I think we`re going to see more and more of this sort of stuff.

Broncos prop Ryan James is chasing a finals swan song as he prepares to retire from the NRL and take an alternative path.

James will hang up his NRL hat at the end of the season and plans to embark on a gap year of sorts before returning to the game.

At age 31, James feels like he has more footy in him and will head to Europe for one last league experience in France at the end of 2023 after he completes a masters of business administration at Bond University next year.

READ NEXT

James plans to play for a second division team in France in 2024 to experience life overseas with his young family.

Rumours that Wade Graham has similar plans. Personally I think this can be nothing but a good thing for the game in France.

Whatever the reason, it looks like there could be a significant injection of top-flight experience into the French game, and not just at elite level. Smart coaches will pick veteran NRL brains and the game as a whole should benefit.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Whatever the reason, it looks like there could be a significant injection of top-flight experience into the French game, and not just at elite level. Smart coaches will pick veteran NRL brains and the game as a whole should benefit.

Although there's some milage in this theme Futty you'd have to ask why when this has been happening in the UK for so long  we're still catching up?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

42 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Although there's some milage in this theme Futty you'd have to ask why when this has been happening in the UK for so long  we're still catching up?

The French have more catching up to do.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Maybe Aussie ex-NRL players don’t want a final season’s swansong in Oldham or Batley. Villeneuve or wherever would be much more appealing. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Maybe Aussie ex-NRL players don’t want a final season’s swansong in Oldham or Batley. Villeneuve or wherever would be much more appealing. 

Well obviously.

58 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The French have more catching up to do.

They may be better off in the long run because of that.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

22 hours ago, barnyia said:

You never know about XIIi catalan as they're a club to promote players to super League and it depends how many of the older players stay and the quality of the juniors stepping up. 

Alan - Eamon O'Carroll coming back on board could be interesting . Number '2 'to McNamara earlier and coaching Newcastle after in the Championship. A step up maybe this time.

TO Elite 1 are also looking up to make a top '6' position this time out. Promising with Pia too. After last years excellent competition Upwards now.

• Like 1

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Considering who will depart TO this year they might have to rely on some of the elite players. Marguerite for one, considering he was playing for them a couple of years ago. I hope his time away has sorted his head out a bit.

On 09/05/2022 at 04:24, Eddie said:

Against who? I agree in principle but who have they got to play? England don’t fancy it and I doubt they’d sell out games against Wales, Scotland or Ireland. 

Do we know why these nations don't draw crowds anymore? In 2012 France drew 11,278 against Wales in Lens, whilst the year before it drew 10,313 against Scotland in Perpignan.

They also drew 10,413 against Wales in Albi in 2010 and 14,522 against Ireland in Avignon.

For French Test crowds, they are some of the best the Les Chanticleers have played in front of over the past 15 years (for reference, England games in that window drew 6K, 14.2K and 16.8K)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com