1895 final

Train prices on 28th May, about a ton.  Looked at National Express and Megabus couldn't find one for 28th.  Parking round the ground none existent but I am sure someone around the stadium will let you park on their drive for £50.  So with tickets for two of us I am up to about £350 including the fuel to get there and back.  Hmmmmm not sure 'fan club' coaches that stop every 20 miles so someone can go to the toilet are an option I want to take.

Here we go again .....

Just now, DemonUK said:

Train prices on 28th May, about a ton.  Looked at National Express and Megabus couldn't find one for 28th.  Parking round the ground none existent but I am sure someone around the stadium will let you park on their drive for £50.  So with tickets for two of us I am up to about £350 including the fuel to get there and back.  Hmmmmm not sure 'fan club' coaches that stop every 20 miles so someone can go to the toilet are an option I want to take.

for me and the lad its £90 return including underground pass.. with fuel prices as high as they are I doubt i would get there and back without spending that sort of money and thats without factoring in parking and possible transport from said parking to the ground.

2 minutes ago, RP London said:

for me and the lad its £90 return including underground pass.. with fuel prices as high as they are I doubt i would get there and back without spending that sort of money and thats without factoring in parking and possible transport from said parking to the ground.

Just priced it up about an hour ago.  Train from Warrington with tickets thru to Whte Hart Lane £203 for two.  I did get my costs mixed up a little however.  Train £203 plus match tickets.  Driving, fuel costs about £70,  parking - not cheap, and whats to say the guy hiring out his drive may have sold his space for more after you have booked it, or they have already closed off some of the roads as they seem to do on match days.

You would think things would be straightforward, but it always seems to be a case of how difficult/expensive can we make it to attend games at the stadium

Here we go again .....

17 minutes ago, DemonUK said:

Just priced it up about an hour ago.  Train from Warrington with tickets thru to Whte Hart Lane £203 for two.  I did get my costs mixed up a little however.  Train £203 plus match tickets.  Driving, fuel costs about £70,  parking - not cheap, and whats to say the guy hiring out his drive may have sold his space for more after you have booked it, or they have already closed off some of the roads as they seem to do on match days.

You would think things would be straightforward, but it always seems to be a case of how difficult/expensive can we make it to attend games at the stadium

Glad I booked mine last week then!

I've booked parking in the past and found that they had "deliberately over booked" as some people dont always turn up.. unfortunately we all had which left me searching for parking and being late for a show with my kids who were getting very irate about missing something they were really looking forward to. really annoying as it was someone profiting off empty space anyway so its not like they lost money they would just get a little less extra spending money by someone not turning up.. but by over booking they spoilt a fair number of people's evenings! So no I would never rely on that again!

Edit: just to add i did look up and down the times of the trains to get cheaper trains. so we leave in time to get there for the 1895 (just in case Sheffield had made it) and we are leaving St Pancreas to get back later than i would have ideally liked but planning on having a bite to eat at the station before we get on the train as St Pancreas has some quite nice little restaurants. If we had gone for other times (especially the return) the price would have rocketed up.

Edited by RP London

41 minutes ago, DemonUK said:

Booked our trains 6 weeks ago, you should have had some faith D 😉

(Paid £80 return for two of us from Wigan. Yes, Leigh fans can use trains).

So, are they going to let you and your near neighbours be together or are Fev going to be in with the Wigan fans?

Last year Fev were in with Saints. don't think they wanted to stick the Fev and Cas fans together.

Edited by bigbaldnmad

34 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

to be fair so far all youve proven is you can use the internet booking service... lets see how the day goes before we jump much further down the conclusion 😛 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

So, are they going to let you and your near neighbours be together or are Fev going to be in with the Wigan fans?

Last year Fev were in with Saints. don't think they wanted to stick the Fev and Cas fans together.

Leigh fans and Wigan fans are both in the South Stand, yes. As this is the 'safe standing' end, maybe that was a factor in some way?

14 minutes ago, RP London said:

to be fair so far all youve proven is you can use the internet booking service... lets see how the day goes before we jump much further down the conclusion 😛 

That will depend on how this on-site brewery lark goes!

• Haha 1

The Leigh fans allocation is at the same end as Wigan (side by side areas in the South stand) unless the RFL make a last minute switch so we'll have to try to focus more on the War of the Roses aspect of the day than winding each other up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DemonUK said:

where are you coming from?

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

You could also go on a Leigh coach🤔

That was the plan mate originally, as we were going anyway and I had zero faith in us winning. I was thankfully very wrong and it saves me getting ripped apart by a coach full of savage Leythers😂  

Found a Wigan coach going at 7am, so should hopefully be fine for your game. Looking forward to it. I’ll probably lend my support to Leigh with McDonnell turning out for you and Lammy in charge.

Edited by WN83
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wiganermike said:

The Leigh fans allocation is at the same end as Wigan (side by side areas in the South stand) unless the RFL make a last minute switch so we'll have to try to focus more on the War of the Roses aspect of the day than winding each other up.

Fun times🤪

The Wigan fans may well support Leigh in that game but I’m not expecting the Leythers to be so accommodating in return. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

You are the expert and a frequent traveller, you must hardly ever be at home.  Let s see what transpires over the next 2 or 3 days.

Here we go again .....

29 minutes ago, DemonUK said:

You are the expert and a frequent traveller, you must hardly ever be at home.  Let s see what transpires over the next 2 or 3 days.

Saves me buying a new couch if I'm never there to sit on it 😀

2 hours ago, meast said:

It's our end, we're the big boys, you're allowed to play with us that day, just make sure you behave yourselves 🙂

WRONG M FEV in at 12 so it's our end BUT when we all go before you kick off you can gladly claim it as yours 🤣

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DemonUK said:

To be fair, I don't think you can blame the RFL for the price of fuel and how much Cockney Dave who lives half a mile from the ground decides to fleece out of us northern monkeys...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

To be fair, I don't think you can blame the RFL for the price of fuel and how much Cockney Dave who lives half a mile from the ground decides to fleece out of us northern monkeys...

£85 ,£50 and £40 . Looking like £50 for us cheaper ones too far away to see lol. £50 on coach  getting rather expensive following Fev lol.

• Like 1