Bulldogs Loan Watch

Batley Bob

Oli Burton got awarded man of the match as Hunslet beat Cornwall , and Louis collinson was man of the match for Cornwall, yesterday Toby Everett made his debut for keighley, meanwhile Josh Milnthorpe is getting game time with Giants reserves and scoring tries to boot

https://m.facebook.com/110192655733481/posts/tryyyyyyymilnthorpe-bags-his-second-a-carbon-copy-of-the-last-try-great-ball-out/5014056468680384/

Edited by Batley Bob
  • Thanks 2

IMG_0583.JPG

38 minutes ago, ginaldo said:

i heard over the weekend Flynnys gone on loan to Oldham for 3 week

Maybe , but neither Oldham or Batley have confirmed it yet , he does need games to get up to speed 

• Thanks 1

IMG_0583.JPG

On 09/05/2022 at 20:34, distantdog said:

Flynn's return will be welcomed, but I agree, he needs to get up to match fitness before he can be effective back in the first team again. 

Agreed but we want him back soon, he was class last season.

• Like 2

On 09/05/2022 at 18:58, Batley Bob said:

Maybe , but neither Oldham or Batley have confirmed it yet , he does need games to get up to speed 

Season long loan to Oldham according to his Twitter post. I'm sure he'll be back in a Batley shirt a definite fans favourite

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

25 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Really? Why risk him been injured again he’s just been out with a serious  knee injury 

Would you not have him in the team if he was fully match fit? 

Surely you wouldn't play anyone if you were worried they might get injured! 

There's as much chance of him getting injured with Oldham as with Batley. League 1 as only 10 teams making 19 matches and they have played a few already, so the season long loan won't be excessive plus there's the call back clause.

10 hours ago, distantdog said:

Would you not have him in the team if he was fully match fit? 

Surely you wouldn't play anyone if you were worried they might get injured! 

Yeah I’d play him in our team but maybe having more confidence and match fitness will be better for him than rushing him into our side straight away 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Yeah I’d play him in our team but maybe having more confidence and match fitness will be better for him than rushing him into our side straight away 

Oh I agree completely. But I think PD covered that by saying he should be match fit. I think match fitness is a level above just fitness, and covers all of the things you said above.

• Like 2

The coach knows best, of course,  but I would have liked to see a couple more of the younger players develop within the team rather than going out on loan.  A bit of freshening up might be good just now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, phildog said:

And now we've converted Jimmy Meadows into a hooker! Absolutely mystified.....

He didn’t play at 9 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️ 

ben white played there 

hooker isn’t a position like it used to be years ago when scrums were scrums if you can pass a ball you can play there stop been bitter about playing experience over kids lingard knows what he’s doing with burton Collinson and co it’s boring now 

• Like 2

He was listed at 9 then! Why would I be bitter, it's not my lad for example is it? I just think that a squad is compiled for specific reasons ie injury and suspension cover then can't be used during those reasons.