Match thread: 1895 Cup Final. Featherstone Rovers v Leigh. Saturday 28th May 2022.

4 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Defence wins matches ours on Sunday was poor.Although the try from short kick near the line is almost impossible to defend without playing a sweeper across the goal line.

I totally agree S we were sloppy at times and we allowed some complacency to creep in creep in I think because the game was won but we'ave all seen how good our defence can be so i'm sure in a  game against leigh they will all step up to the plate

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think it all depends on how much we think Fev have to come 

I think we'ave a lot more to come kopps and jesse are back firing on all cylinders Mark and ryley are match winners then we got brad and john new arrivals to the table plus if you listen to the rumours going round we're about to  add some more quality players to a squad all ready full of quality players  looks like  everything is coming up roses🌹

So all can say is     BRING IT ON !!!!!!!!!! 

18 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Given Beaumont said he'd rather have Aekins than Kheirallah I wouldn't worry too much about the answer to that one!

That's one of my 5 or 6 wrong.If Beaumont is such a good judge of players why do Leigh keep getting relegated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

That's one of my 5 or 6 wrong.If Beaumont is such a good judge of players why do Leigh keep getting relegated.

I don't think he has had much involvement and seems to have left recruitment to his coaching staff this time, which is probably why they are doing better (although they didn't have much realistic chance of recruiting a good team for SL last season).

On 10/05/2022 at 23:05, RobLambert said:

Not going but does anyone know if its on telly / t'internet or anywhere.  An early question but I had no idea that the semi was on ourleague until the game was over.  Found out just in time to catch the Leigh game. ..

Just an update on this. The @rugbyleagueontv Twitter account has just reported that it will be on Premier Sports 1 live, starting at 11.30am. This is confirmed on Premier's website https://www.premiersports.com/sports/rugby-league/fixtures

This is probably good news in terms of broadcast quality, but obviously not such good news if you're not a Premier Sports subscriber.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, POR said:

I think we'ave a lot more to come kopps and jesse are back firing on all cylinders Mark and ryley are match winners then we got brad and john new arrivals to the table plus if you listen to the rumours going round we're about to  add some more quality players to a squad all ready full of quality players  looks like  everything is coming up roses🌹

So all can say is     BRING IT ON !!!!!!!!!! 

White Rose(s) hopefully.

6 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

I remember when we opened the Volunteer stand we played Bradford and there were about 7000  in pouring rain.They came in numbers that day and certainly helped our finances.

I'm no lover of Bradford but Super League began going down the drain when The Bulls were relegated. Lots of supporters lost to the game. You might say that they were fair weather fans but the sport can't afford to lose the numbers that were eventually lost. Having Toulouse is all well and good but rivalries with hardcore fans is the way to go but IMG have a difficult job. Super League needs to be extended because if the unthinkable happened you could have Leeds and Bradford both sat in the championship with 3000 fans each. I don't know the answer. Neither does the RFL

1 minute ago, J Phil Loxton said:

I'm no lover of Bradford but Super League began going down the drain when The Bulls were relegated. Lots of supporters lost to the game. You might say that they were fair weather fans but the sport can't afford to lose the numbers that were eventually lost. Having Toulouse is all well and good but rivalries with hardcore fans is the way to go but IMG have a difficult job. Super League needs to be extended because if the unthinkable happened you could have Leeds and Bradford both sat in the championship with 3000 fans each. I don't know the answer. Neither does the RFL

NO way will Rhino's get relegated.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rarefrith said:

Anyones tickets for the final still not arrived. Money came out a week ago.

Did you order physical tickets to come through the post? I got print at home ones and the email with them attached came about 3 days after paying. 

On 17/05/2022 at 13:16, sentoffagain2 said:

It's only his opinion, even ex players/pundits make mistakes in their comments/predictions.

On 18/05/2022 at 10:32, Rarefrith said:

Anyones tickets for the final still not arrived. Money came out a week ago.

Don't know if you are sorted yet but rang the shop yesterday and they'd missed that I needed them posting so were sat waiting for collection. Told I'd have them by Monday at the latest. 

Edited by Mr Hammond

Pure Green Heaven, Hammonds Mint Sauce