Match thread: 1895 Cup Final. Featherstone Rovers v Leigh. Saturday 28th May 2022.

On 17/05/2022 at 13:48, The Phantom Horseman said:

if you're not a Premier Sports subscriber.

It's on beeb red button 

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

No. I'm not sure we should be favs... but wm Hills seem to think so..

I'd say Leigh were slight favourites but owt can happen as we know only too well - 198.3

28 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

No. I'm not sure we should be favs... but wm Hills seem to think so..

Doesn’t really matter they are 2 very evenly matched teams and the game could go either way just depends on the day

• Like 4

• marklaspalmas changed the title to Match thread: 1895 Cup Final. Featherstone Rovers v Leigh. Saturday 28th May 2022.

Any of this trio missing would be a hammer blow:
https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/casualty-ward-hull-kr-update-salford-blows-featherstone-sweat-on-trio/

Featherstone will wait to see the extent of the injuries to prop Craig Kopczak (knee) and full-back Mark Kheirallah (hamstring). They picked up the knocks in the second half of their 78-0 win over Whitehaven on Sunday.

Hooker or half-back Matty Wildie has been out for a couple of weeks with a rib injury but has not given up on making the 1895 Cup final against his former club Leigh this Saturday.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Any of this trio missing would be a hammer blow:
https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/casualty-ward-hull-kr-update-salford-blows-featherstone-sweat-on-trio/

Featherstone will wait to see the extent of the injuries to prop Craig Kopczak (knee) and full-back Mark Kheirallah (hamstring). They picked up the knocks in the second half of their 78-0 win over Whitehaven on Sunday.

Hooker or half-back Matty Wildie has been out for a couple of weeks with a rib injury but has not given up on making the 1895 Cup final against his former club Leigh this Saturday.

For me if any of them are not 100% I’d not play them, I know it would be disappointing for any players to miss out on the final, but if at all possible need them fit for the end of the season.

• Like 2

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

17 minutes ago, lingaro said:

Mind games. 

Maybe, perhaps LRL just rang the club and it was too early to give a concrete answer, but we know they both went off, there doesn't seem to have been a post-match interview with West Yorkshire sport, and there's still no sign of the game or post-game interviews on RoversTV, so this is all we've got.

Assuming Hardcastle, Gale and Cuthbertson are all going to be out for Wembley, and Jones is suspended, the status of Wildie, Kopczak and Kheirallah is a big deal (and Jesse was hobbling at the end of the Whitehaven game too). We'll still be able to put out a competitive 17, but any of those three added to the missing players would be a big deal.

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Maybe, perhaps LRL just rang the club and it was too early to give a concrete answer, but we know they both went off, there doesn't seem to have been a post-match interview with West Yorkshire sport, and there's still no sign of the game or post-game interviews on RoversTV, so this is all we've got.

Assuming Hardcastle, Gale and Cuthbertson are all going to be out for Wembley, and Jones is suspended, the status of Wildie, Kopczak and Kheirallah is a big deal (and Jesse was hobbling at the end of the Whitehaven game too). We'll still be able to put out a competitive 17, but any of those three added to the missing players would be a big deal.

Looked like Cuthbertson was warming up with the team on Saturday, I had assumed he was 18th man in case anyone got injured in the warm up so guess he’s fit. 

• Thanks 1

For what it's worth last night Tom H played very well for the eagles last night  He played for the full eighty minutes in our problematic number nine 

Not surprised at Koppy as i posted Saturday he did look to have picked up a leg injury.Wildie too cracked broken or bruised ribs take time for the healing process.Think Kherallah will play and probably just thrown in to keep Leigh guessing as quite a few attacking moves come through him.If it is a Hamstring you are talking about a month at least not a week come back too soon and you are further back in the healing time.Good weather forecast so it should be an open game.I think we will win if we throw the ball about.

10 hours ago, haskey said:

Not the best news is it?

True H but LRL love a good headline remember when they told everybody that Ben Mathiou was a blockbuster signing

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, POR said:

For what it's worth last night Tom H played very well for the eagles last night  He played for the full eighty minutes in our problematic number nine 

I doubt Tom would have been playing for Sheffield last night if he were in serious contention for a place in our 17, and presumably he hasn't been training with us for at least a month.

I would think if Wildie is unable to play it will be either Smith to 9 and Ford to half back, or more likely Bussey to 9, especially after he filled in there on Saturday. It's not Jack's best position but he can play big minutes there and he's obviously well able to stand up defensively in the middle of the field against a strong pack. Moreover with Jesse and JD (assuming both those guys are fit!) we have cover in the back row.

10 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I doubt Tom would have been playing for Sheffield last night if he were in serious contention for a place in our 17, and presumably he hasn't been training with us for at least a month.

I would think if Wildie is unable to play it will be either Smith to 9 and Ford to half back, or more likely Bussey to 9, especially after he filled in there on Saturday. It's not Jack's best position but he can play big minutes there and he's obviously well able to stand up defensively in the middle of the field against a strong pack. Moreover with Jesse and JD (assuming both those guys are fit!) we have cover in the back row.

I Agree PH just pointing out in the silly world of rugby league while we are allegedly looking for a number nine one of our players was playing number nine for someone else🤣

• Like 1

Just an observation from Sunday. Koppy seemed to have an ice pack taped above the knee, which to me would indicate a bang rather than any ligament issues. He also seemed to be sharing a joke with another player, I took that to indicate that he wasn't in too much pain. 

Just my thoughts though.

3 hours ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Just an observation from Sunday. Koppy seemed to have an ice pack taped above the knee, which to me would indicate a bang rather than any ligament issues. He also seemed to be sharing a joke with another player, I took that to indicate that he wasn't in too much pain. 

Just my thoughts though.

He did have an ice pack on his knee,we were sat not far away and he laughing with another player ( forgot who) and didn't seem to be in much pain but who knows.

12 minutes ago, Phil Briscoe said:

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered but is the game on premier sports? 

Yes it is. Coverage starts at 11.30am.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb