Match thread: 1895 Cup Final. Featherstone Rovers v Leigh. Saturday 28th May 2022.

6 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

Also on BBC red button

Just in case anyone is unaware, you can record off the red button as it's listed as a channel on Sky (somewhere around 990, I think.  if you have the TV guide in 101 BBC1 and go up, you'll find it).

1 hour ago, Tubby said:

Just in case anyone is unaware, you can record off the red button as it's listed as a channel on Sky (somewhere around 990, I think.  if you have the TV guide in 101 BBC1 and go up, you'll find it).

Sky Channel 981

BBC Red Button currently provides one video stream to all platforms, which can be accessed directly from Freeview channel 601, Freesat channel 981, Sky channel 981 (UK only) and Virgin Media UK channel 991, however the feed is standard definition only.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

48 hours to kick off.

The Wigan and Huddersfield 21 man squads are on twitter.

Not seen Fev's yet......

Might  be waiting as long as possible with  the injuries we have ?

20 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

48 hours to kick off.

The Wigan and Huddersfield 21 man squads are on twitter.

Not seen Fev's yet......

The club has said that the squad for the final will be announced at tonight's live broadcast of "Up Next" at the club this evening, so I doubt we'll see anything before then.

There's a chance presumably that we won't be massively wiser about the 17 from tonight's announcement as it sounds like there might be 1 or 2 late fitness tests and with the players out on loan we don't have many more to name compared with last week's 21-man squad. Although obviously some news on who's fit might be forthcoming this evening.

40 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I reckon 2...Ash Golding and one-hit wonder Owen Trout

Didnt Brad Singleton turn out for us once on DR? 

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Didnt Brad Singleton turn out for us once on DR? 

YES G and he scored a try second game in a 42-14 win over batley

7 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

He did. I was there. He did bug ger all.

Robin can you remember all the furore from opposition fans  when we got him on DR instead pf a youngun

9 minutes ago, POR said:

Robin can you remember all the furore from opposition fans  when we got him on DR instead pf a youngun

"Fev Rhinos" ad nauseum... particularly from fax fans who then entered into a DR arrangement themselves..... but of course their DR arrangement was justified and honourable....whereas ours was heinous and corrupt... blah blah blah

• Haha 2

Squad announced, nor really telling us anything as all of our squad , without Connor and Loans listed. We will just have to wait till Tottenham. 

Tickets bought , train fixed just the result which is not set in stone

12 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Squad announced

https://twitter.com/FevRoversRLFC/status/1529899398490206209

Don't think there are any surprise omissions. Gaz Gale is included but then I don't think we had any other candidates for the 21st spot.

I would have thought with no games other than scholars and oldham tonight being played all players on short term loans would be made available to be named by their parent club

1 hour ago, POR said:

I would have thought with no games other than scholars and oldham tonight being played all players on short term loans would be made available to be named by their parent club

Probably, but as long as Mac is confident he's got at least 18 of his current squad fit and ready to play, there's not much advantage bringing back, say, Tom Holmes to be the 21st name in the squad instead of Gaz Gale. The team will have been told the 17-man line-up plus the 18th and 19th man earlier this week, the other 2 names are really just for the RFL's benefit.

• Like 1

It would be less disruption to the line up if Wildie is fit enough to play.I suppose if his ribs were badly bruised he could play with pain killer injections(Which i don't like players to do}.Would like Smith and Jacks to start as half backs with Ford on the bench.Smith could go to 9 for Ford to come on at some stage.As Horseman said in an earlier post Bussey would have to play 9 if Wildie can't play.He will be fine there but i do prefer him in the back row.Got my subs down if all fit as Ford,Davies,Cuthbertson,Cooper.with Ferres ,Hepi,and Pickersgill missing out.My team Kheirallah-Briscoe- Leilua -Hellewell-Hall.  Smith-Jacks-    Kopczac-Wildie-Lockwood-Jesse-Moors-Bussey. I have given Hellewll a bit of stick but he has played well enough in the centre to keep his place while Josh is injured.Impressed against Haven when he charged down that kick and instead of kicking the ball trying to score dived on it to give us good field position.Those small margins possession wise will be needed against Leigh.

17 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

It would be less disruption to the line up if Wildie is fit enough to play.I suppose if his ribs were badly bruised he could play with pain killer injections(Which i don't like players to do}.Would like Smith and Jacks to start as half backs with Ford on the bench.Smith could go to 9 for Ford to come on at some stage.As Horseman said in an earlier post Bussey would have to play 9 if Wildie can't play.He will be fine there but i do prefer him in the back row.Got my subs down if all fit as Ford,Davies,Cuthbertson,Cooper.with Ferres ,Hepi,and Pickersgill missing out.My team Kheirallah-Briscoe- Leilua -Hellewell-Hall.  Smith-Jacks-    Kopczac-Wildie-Lockwood-Jesse-Moors-Bussey. I have given Hellewll a bit of stick but he has played well enough in the centre to keep his place while Josh is injured.Impressed against Haven when he charged down that kick and instead of kicking the ball trying to score dived on it to give us good field position.Those small margins possession wise will be needed against Leigh.

That's exactly what my guess would be for the lineup, the one thing that Jones' absence does mean for Mac is that he can start with Ford on the bench and have either Smith or Bussey as the back-up option at hooker if Wildie needs spelling/replacing.

The one slight difference is I think he'll play Bussey at edge back row and Moors in the middle/loose forward, partly because that's what he has been doing lately, but also because it would be tough on Bussey asking him to switch to 9 if he'd already been playing in the middle and doing lots of tackling.