Featherstone (H)

Wakefield Ram

No prizes for who's going to win this one. Think we should rest Sykes as his competitive instincts might get him sent off. And hope we don't get any more injuries.

In first time in 40-odd years, I am thinking of not going despite being a season ticket holder and having a car park pass, so wouldn't cost me anything to go. 

Feel I should go to support the players who always give 100% but Fev will win by 50/60 in a totally one-sided no contest. Doubtless we'll get Fev fans on here telling us anything could happen but it won't. They know it and we know it. 

Hopefully a decent crowd though even at £10 for Fev season ticket holders it's still paying to watch a no contest. 

Edited by Wakefield Ram

35 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

No prizes for who's going to win this one. Think we should rest Sykes as his competitive instincts might get him sent off. And hope we don't get any more injuries.

In first time in 40-odd years, I am thinking of not going despite being a season ticket holder and having a car park pass, so wouldn't cost me anything to go. 

Feel I should go to support the players who always give 100% but Fev will win by 50/60 in a totally one-sided no contest. Doubtless we'll get Fev fans on here telling us anything could happen but it won't. They know it and we know it. 

Hopefully a decent crowd though even at £10 for Fev season ticket holders it's still paying to watch a no contest. 

Have faith

• Like 1

We (Fev) went in droves to Widnes when St Helens played us there in a challenge cup game a few years ago. We knew they might get 50 or 60 but we went to cheer our team on. They got more than we thought 70-0 it was in the end. I blamed the ref for six of their tries😯 You know what,our fans thoroughly enjoyed it many of whom were doing the conga around the stand. We know Fev will be heavy favourites on Sunday but nobody really knows what might happen in sport. Sendings off and things like that. We put 50 odd up against Batley and the week after we were lucky to escape with a draw. I'm aware also that Dewsbury ain't at Batley level. But don't give up shouting for your team. I've watched Fev get walloped on numerous occasions and felt just like you over the years. Players love fans to get behind them. So get yourselves to the Ram Stadium. Cos truly you will never know. Early in the millennium Dewsbury were lording it over Fev and the day might come when that happens again. We Fev fans enjoy our visits to Dewsbury and Batley. Proper set-ups. It's only sport. So go and give your lads some encouragement

Edited by J Phil Loxton
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, J Phil Loxton said:

We (Fev) went in droves to Widnes when St Helens played us there in a challenge cup game a few years ago. We knew they might get 50 or 60 but we went to cheer our team on. They got more than we thought 80-0 it was in the end. I blamed the ref for six of their tries😯 You know what,our fans thoroughly enjoyed it many of whom were doing the conga around the stand. We know Fev will be heavy favourites on Sunday but nobody really knows what might happen in sport. Sendings off and things like that. We put 50 odd up against Batley and the week after we were lucky to escape with a draw. I'm aware also that Dewsbury ain't at Batley level. But don't give up shouting for your team. I've watched Fev get walloped on numerous occasions and felt just like you over the years. Players love fans to get behind them. So get yourselves to the Ram Stadium. Cos truly you will never know. Early in the millennium Dewsbury were lording it over Fev and the day might come when that happens again. We Fev fans enjoy our visits to Dewsbury and Batley. Proper set-ups. It's only sport. So go and give your lads some encouragement

Phil the apathy around the club is deafening, no hope, no chance of the situation improving, apparently we've got money, but the players we require to get us out of the $hitshow are not available 🤔

Bit like saying 

I'm selling ferrari's for £50

If your interested transfer me the money, and soon as they are in stock I'll send your ferrari 🤔

Yes every team has injuries 

And we're hit more than most 

I'd be interested to here what players exactly are on our radar 

Fingers crossed we don't use the same radar that all these players were signed with and not given a chance 🤔🤔

It's flustration at its best at the moment🤔

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, coolie said:

Phil the apathy around the club is deafening, no hope, no chance of the situation improving, apparently we've got money, but the players we require to get us out of the $hitshow are not available 🤔

Bit like saying 

I'm selling ferrari's for £50

If your interested transfer me the money, and soon as they are in stock I'll send your ferrari 🤔

Yes every team has injuries 

And we're hit more than most 

I'd be interested to here what players exactly are on our radar 

Fingers crossed we don't use the same radar that all these players were signed with and not given a chance 🤔🤔

It's flustration at its best at the moment🤔

I know where you are coming from Coolie. It's a vicious circle. Rams fans stop going in case they get embarrassed and players haven't the heart because there's nobody cheering them on. Money is tight nowadays and fans think about spending their money on something else. I really don't know what the answer is. It's alright for me to go crowing about losing heart while Fev are in this present position but I do truly hope your core support can stay loyal and hope better things might be around the corner for all clubs. But as far as levelling up a lopsided league is concerned I don't know the answer. I promise you this though if it's you that's consoling me at 4 45 on Sunday I might go home and kick the cat😮 I don't mean that- We haven't got one😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

We (Fev) went in droves to Widnes when St Helens played us there in a challenge cup game a few years ago. We knew they might get 50 or 60 but we went to cheer our team on. They got more than we thought 80-0 it was in the end. I blamed the ref for six of their tries😯 You know what,our fans thoroughly enjoyed it many of whom were doing the conga around the stand. We know Fev will be heavy favourites on Sunday but nobody really knows what might happen in sport. Sendings off and things like that. We put 50 odd up against Batley and the week after we were lucky to escape with a draw. I'm aware also that Dewsbury ain't at Batley level. But don't give up shouting for your team. I've watched Fev get walloped on numerous occasions and felt just like you over the years. Players love fans to get behind them. So get yourselves to the Ram Stadium. Cos truly you will never know. Early in the millennium Dewsbury were lording it over Fev and the day might come when that happens again. We Fev fans enjoy our visits to Dewsbury and Batley. Proper set-ups. It's only sport. So go and give your lads some encouragement

Thanks but it's not like going up against Saints. Nobody knows what might happen in sport? We do, you do, we are going to get hammered. 

There's zero chance of your cat getting kicked. 

Edited by Wakefield Ram
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Thanks but it's not like going up against Saints. Nobody knows what might happen in sport? We do, you do, we are going to get hammered. 

Sorry I didn't mean to compare Fev with Saints (I wish) The parable was  Don't give up

• Like 2

Rams to the slaughter I’m afraid,but I’ll tell you what I’ll be there to get behind the lads and support the club. I watched the Fev game yesterday against Barrow,wow what a team and Jonathan Ford as still to come in🙈should be a good day,financially anyway 😉

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Rams to the slaughter I’m afraid,but I’ll tell you what I’ll be there to get behind the lads and support the club. I watched the Fev game yesterday against Barrow,wow what a team and Jonathan Ford as still to come in🙈should be a good day,financially anyway 😉

good to see dedicated support , easy to watch a winning side .

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Featherstone fans summed up in a nutshell

Only kidding Phil

Hope I got a nibble 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

We've been there John, it's not nice getting beat every week, other supporters taking the urine, all clubs have bad spells I remember Wigan getting Relegated 

• Like 3

What's the Rams biggest loss? Asking for a friend 😉

• Haha 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

7 hours ago, coolie said:

I can remember 80 at widnes 

I'm sure I can remember a 70 odd at Batley 🤔

I was there at Widnes that day when we lost 82-0,I was also Huyton when we lost there as well😢oh yes I’ve seen worse to what I’m witnessing right now.

Edited by graham fisher
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

I said that other day, it is easy but we've also our days down among the dead men,and will again no doubt. I remember losing at Crown Flatts  40 - 0.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

What's the Rams biggest loss? Asking for a friend 😉

82-0 at Widnes in the first round of the John Player Special Trophy on November 30th, 1986 with David Hulme scoring 5 tries.

Biggest win was 90-5 away at Blackpool Gladiators in a Third Division match on April 4th, 1993. Greg Pearce kicked 13 goals which remains as a joint record for Dewsbury along with Francis Maloney who did the same in 2007 in an 83-6 win against Hunslet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fevnut said:

82-0 at Widnes in the first round of the John Player Special Trophy on November 30th, 1986 with David Hulme scoring 5 tries.

Biggest win was 90-5 away at Blackpool Gladiators in a Third Division match on April 4th, 1993. Greg Pearce kicked 13 goals which remains as a joint record for Dewsbury along with Francis Maloney who did the same in 2007 in an 83-6 win against Hunslet.

There at both🤔

Greg Pearce kicked 12 goals that day, we was stood behind the sticks, a conversion was taken narrowly missing and we all jumped up and cheered... The touch judges raised their flags as I think they were bored spending so much time under the Blackpool posts that day 🤔

Edited by coolie
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, coolie said:

There at both🤔

Greg Pearce kicked 12 goals that day, we was stood behind the sticks, a conversion was taken narrowly missing and we all jumped up and cheered... The touch judges raised their flags as I think they were bored spending so much time under the Blackpool posts that day 🤔

Coolie, can you remember how many tries Eddie scored that day? I was there too, cannot recall, but guessing it was 5.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

12 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Coolie, can you remember how many tries Eddie scored that day? I was there too, cannot recall, but guessing it was 5.

Rombo got 4 tries

Bailey got 3 tries

Charles got 2 tries

Graham got 2 tries

Coughlan, Delaney, Rogers, Shuttleworth, Sidebottom all scored 1 try each 

13 goals from Pearce

On 10/05/2022 at 06:06, Fevrover said:

I said that other day, it is easy but we've also our days down among the dead men,and will again no doubt. I remember losing at Crown Flatts  40 - 0.

I remember that one..... If memory serves me right, it was a midweek game and you guys had a Yorkshire Cup semi a few days later ........... A guy called Trevor Rhodes played for us that night and scored a try by reaching out above his head and touching down whilst on his back ..... Don't know if he played 1st team again....... Strange what we remember sometimes, eh ??

Would love to think we could get anywhere near you on Sunday but somehow can't see it ...... sadly

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Therein73 said:

I remember that one..... If memory serves me right, it was a midweek game and you guys had a Yorkshire Cup semi a few days later ........... A guy called Trevor Rhodes played for us that night and scored a try by reaching out above his head and touching down whilst on his back ..... Don't know if he played 1st team again....... Strange what we remember sometimes, eh ??

Would love to think we could get anywhere near you on Sunday but somehow can't see it ...... sadly

When was the game? 1960s 70s?

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

29th September 1970 

Played Bramley in YC semi  final week after.