Featherstone (H)

Wakefield Ram

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

It's a shame Bramley went out of league, loved going there.

Some great memories there

Nearly getting in to a fight with Kevin Dick

Dean Hall sliding in for a try from about 20 yards out in the mud bath 

Chris Vasey kicking a goal from halfway that few over the clubhouse and ended up on the road

Bramley are and will always be missed on the rugby league calendar 🤔🤔

• Like 5

19 hours ago, coolie said:

I do miss games under the lights at Barley Mow😢😢

Did barley mow have lights??? ... I don't think they had changing rooms!!  seem to remember the players got changed in the pub!!   ...I think  they redeveloped it and then called it Mclaren field!!

16 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

Did barley mow have lights??? ... I don't think they had changing rooms!!  seem to remember the players got changed in the pub!!   ...I think  they redeveloped it and then called it Mclaren field!!

Batley Mow was the nickname of the ground, yes was called mclaren field, pub outside the ground was called the barley Mow, definitely had lights as I attended a few evening games there, also on a Sunday had a car boot actually on the pitch🤔

32 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Remember Bramley being in the Floodlit Trophy in 1970s so must have had floodlights.

TRUE in 73 when they won it beaating widnes in the final though it was still called floodlight trophy that year all games played during the day  because of miners overtime ban

• Like 2

22 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Yes, there's a small housing development on the site of the old ground, and  it is called McLaren Fields. The Barley Mow pub is still there.

I worked in Bramley for many years.

• Like 1

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

It does make me smile how topics go off at a tangent -  just as guilty - but the Featherstone match thread has turned into a debate on Bramley's old ground 😂😂 which is probably better than discussing our prospects in this match.

Edited by Wakefield Ram
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

It does make me smile how topics go off at a tangent -  just as guilty - but the Featherstone match thread has turned into a debate on Bramley's old ground 😂😂 which is probably better than discussing our prospects in this match.

Yes and if we’re not careful we’ll end up going the same way as Bramley ☹️Anyway back on topic.

Rams 6 Fev big score.

Fts Carr

MOM Ryder 

Att 1600 over a 1000 Fev fan’s 

• Like 1

I hope half of FEV. turn up on Sunday and make lots of noise.But i hope it's because the Ref. is so bias towards the Rams.Some hope. On noise ,some of Amber chase residents are complaining.It's a sport ground ,what do they expect.The place has been like a morgue for at least two years,with our results. I think the club should complain about the horrendous drug like smells coming from that area. My be they should concentrate on getting some Tarmac for their road.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Assuming Kyle Trout is unavailable, the loan signing of Samy Kibula will at least mean we have a full pack of forwards and he will add a bit of size to the pack.

Maybe maybe not Wr last year a player on loan at oldham played against us

We are all loyal supporters at heart - I’ve seen over 50 years of ups and downs and this is another down period as Phil L says (though our “ups” tend to be every 28/30 years - 1912,  1942, 1973, 2000…) but you never really give up supporting the team no matter how likely the battering we expect- I’m looking at this one with interest so I can compare Feath with Leigh and see if I can judge if my original guess was right (Leigh to win promotion, just) though bearing in mind I am judging on the Leythers performance against us at the LSV and Sunday is at home. Whatever happens I am sure our lads will do their best as ever - they can do no more and we can only help by being there to cheer them on. Even Huyton had their loyal support….

• Like 4

3 hours ago, silcoates said:

I hope half of FEV. turn up on Sunday and make lots of noise.But i hope it's because the Ref. is so bias towards the Rams.Some hope…..

The ref will not be biased towards Dewsbury. Mikalauskas is a n charge on Sunday and I cannot recall him giving us anything, especially when it’s a 50/50 call. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

10 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

The ref will not be biased towards Dewsbury. Mikalauskas is a n charge on Sunday and I cannot recall him giving us anything, especially when it’s a 50/50 call. 

Rubbish weak ref (my opinion) 

Could be worse 🤔

Could be Chris Kendall 🤔

Edited by coolie

12 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Can't be true as it's a well known fact in Fev that every ref is biased against Fev - though I suspect the refs have been much better this season for some reason 😂😂

Still think we should leave Sykes out as his competitive instincts might get him sent off. 

Anything between a 40 point defeat and a 60 point defeat. 

8 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

At least some good news from London suffering a 52-22 home defeat by Newcastle. 

Why couldn't they have played that badly last week? 🤦

Could be down to  MOM Chizzy running the show  for them last week and Chizzy running the show for Kieghley this week 🤣

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, POR said:

Could be down to  MOM Chizzy running the show  for them last week and Chizzy running the show for Kieghley this week 🤣

He can’t be that good😀. If he was any decent championship club, fighting for survival and lacking half backs would have snapped him up before keighley had a sniff😉

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NickD said:

He can’t be that good😀. If he was any decent championship club, fighting for survival and lacking half backs would have snapped him up before keighley had a sniff😉

To be fair  N when it came out he wouldn't be getting a new contract he had offers  to sign from the championship funny enough not london but you can only snap him up if he want's to come

We all thought he would sign for kieghley  WHY?  Their coach is one of his best mates

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

At least some good news from London suffering a 52-22 home defeat by Newcastle. 

Why couldn't they have played that badly last week? 🤦

Simple

They didn't have chisholm 🤔

• Like 2