Featherstone (H)

Wakefield Ram

Can I mention that HWD Hospital Radio will be holding a bucket collection at half time on Sunday.

This is our only fund raising event this year and we rely totally on donations to keep the station on air 24 hours a day. This year is our 70th anniversary year making us one of the longest running Hospital Radio Stations in the world and all of that time we have covered local Rugby League live every season! Sunday is no exception, you can listen to the Rams / Fev live  @  https://hwdhospitalradio.com/player.shtml 

We are also covering the Bradford Bulls Vs York Knights and regular updates on the Leeds United survival game. So bring some cash with you and put it in the buckets as our volunteers come round at half time and lets keep our service going another 70 years!

Many thanks 🙂 

HWD Hospital Radio Broadcast to Dewsbury District Hospital, Pinderfields and Pontefract General Hospitals and on the world wide web & www.hwdhospitalradio.com 

• Like 2

Well done to HWD Hospital Radio for  looking after us for the past 70 years and may you continue for the next seventy. 

I feel positive about the forthcoming Fev contest and think we may upset their squad, unlike at Leigh, by scoring at least one try!

Dewsbury 10-54 Featherstone 

FTS: Ryder

MoM: Sweeting

Att: 1908

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Decent effort today and our two debutants (or re-debutant in the case of big Sam) did well - full back in particular was very promising. Given Rovers are a class above us, to score 26 points is very respectable so maybe we are not quite so doomed after all so long as we can sharpen up in defence - we had a good lesson in how to pass down the line from Feath and support in mass so hopefully we can build on this.

13 minutes ago, Reverend Ram said:

Decent effort today and our two debutants (or re-debutant in the case of big Sam) did well - full back in particular was very promising. Given Rovers are a class above us, to score 26 points is very respectable so maybe we are not quite so doomed after all so long as we can sharpen up in defence - we had a good lesson in how to pass down the line from Feath and support in mass so hopefully we can build on this.

Should beat Barrow next week they arnt that good and Rams should take a lot from today's performance.

Edited by Fevrover

Really good effort and I'm pleased I decided to go. Certainly shows how we can play, in attack especially. I think I'm right in saying only Catalan have scored more points against this Fev side than us which is some going to say they have kept most championship sides below 20! 

I would be making enquiries on keeping both debut loanees permanently after their display today. 

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

30 minutes ago, Reverend Ram said:

Decent performance??? Good performance if you ask me. Well done Dewsbury (Fev fan)

• Like 1

Credit where credit is due

Each & everyone of the lads put in a fantastic shift today. 

If we can emulate today's performance again against one of the lesser teams we can get a result and pull us out the mire, what I don't want to see next week is us to play like we have against London, Workington, we have to build on this performance and maintain the efforts. 

Young kid from Huddersfield deserved the MOTM in a stand out performance, we need a full team back and move on from there🤔

Well done lads 👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 1

On 12/05/2022 at 14:49, coolie said:

Batley Mow was the nickname of the ground, yes was called mclaren field, pub outside the ground was called the barley Mow, definitely had lights as I attended a few evening games there, also on a Sunday had a car boot actually on the pitch🤔

Barley Mow was the original ground. It was moved to a parallel plot and named McLaren Fields in 1966. Floodlights were installed in 1973.

I always disliked the ground and the club - hey ho!

• Like 4

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 minutes ago, coolie said:

Credit where credit is due

Each & everyone of the lads put in a fantastic shift today. 

If we can emulate today's performance again against one of the lesser teams we can get a result and pull us out the mire, what I don't want to see next week is us to play like we have against London, Workington, we have to build on this performance and maintain the efforts. 

Young kid from Huddersfield deserved the MOTM in a stand out performance, we need a full team back and move on from there🤔

Well done lads 👏👏👏👏👏

That's the secret Coolie that some coaches need to get through to players. It's alright saying "come on lads let's show Fev what we are all about" and you did that to a large extent but that same coach and others like them need to say " come on lads let's show London what we are all about" Treat sides around you like you treat tems like Fev. It needs to be your cup final every week not just against top teams. Play like that consistently and you've no worries.

• Like 7

On 14/05/2022 at 09:35, POR said:

To be fair  N when it came out he wouldn't be getting a new contract he had offers  to sign from the championship funny enough not london but you can only snap him up if he want's to come

We all thought he would sign for kieghley  WHY?  Their coach is one of his best mates

£££££££££££

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Greenwood is on season long loan or until Giants want him back. Kibula is 2 week loan I think 

The coach is on loan!! When did this happen?

• Haha 1

I thought the team were excellent today McGowan and Kibula were clearly our best players... McGowans trys were superb and that pass from Kibula!!!! ... wow!! .. I don't think Kibula likes being at Bradford but whether they will let him stay with us for the rest of the season may depend on Mark Sawyers influence at the Bulls!! .. What did concern me was the after match presentations ... For the first time this season the team were really together in the Royal suite ... bantering and enjoying the experience as a team!! .....which was great to see..... But!!! completely ignoring the coaches presentation to the point of talking loudly over him!! .... So lets not paper over the cracks!!

Edited by the old nine ole
  • Like 1

Just a couple of things to add. Ultimately it is still another defeat. It shows where the club/players are at mentality wise when they are a giddy group in a function room because the score shows an element of competing. 

Secondly in the first half an attacking kick bounced off a fev player’s backside into Kibula’s hands. He was running at full pelt 20m from the Fev line with only Kerrelagh to beat. With his size he should have ran straight through him but he chose to throw out a poor pass to the winger. Soft on his behalf!

I feel positive about the forthcoming Fev contest and think we may upset their squad, unlike at Leigh, by scoring at least one try!

Marvellous what a bit of positivity from me instilled into the team today!

Sami Kibula’s SL/NRL pass, for Davey Dixon’s try and his enthusiastic running showed just why Bradford fans should like him. For me though, he came second to

Aidan McGowan as Man of the Match, who was outstanding. Even in the warm-up he was making himself known to his colleagues and throughout the match he could be seen directing the players in front of him, but his footballing skills were to the fore. He scored two excellent tries, made numerous tackles and took the high balls without problem.

Mentioning high balls, I thought we did well on jumping for them and patting down to a teammate (most times anyway).

A more than creditable performance against the league’s table toppers, in which our team scored its most points (so far) this season and Fev’s highest league score against them.

Well done Dewsbury, we really must build on this and carry it into next week’s match and beyond. 

Edited by Crown Flatter
  • Like 5
Legs, Dews, Legs.

10 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Just a couple of things to add. Ultimately it is still another defeat. It shows where the club/players are at mentality wise when they are a giddy group in a function room because the score shows an element of competing. 

Secondly in the first half an attacking kick bounced off a fev player’s backside into Kibula’s hands. He was running at full pelt 20m from the Fev line with only Kerrelagh to beat. With his size he should have ran straight through him but he chose to throw out a poor pass to the winger. Soft on his behalf!

If the players morale is good then  that bodes well for next week. Yes it was another defeat, but aside from Leigh, don't think any team will beat Fev this season. And few if any will score 5 tries. 

If they can play like that next week, then we have a chance of beating Barrow and put some breathing space between us and London.

• Like 3

What a performance from Aidan McGowan. To come in cold,a class act.  Dixon as usual gave his all.  Unfortunately Paul Sykes had a poor game i thought .But he's always under pressure to perform.I thought the Ref. was alright , not too many penalties.Well done for the Fev. fans turning up in good numbers. I hope they can get into SL league instead of Leigh for a change.Games against Cas. and Wakey. would be blood and thunder affairs. A good effort from the Rams,but we need some wins.

• Like 5

Plenty of positives from the game and a never say die attitude from the players which will boost confidence. Saying that I wouldn’t get carried away has fev were a million miles from what they are capable,maybe they looked at the fixture and thought just turning up would be enough to secure another big win. 
next week is massive and a winnable game and the same attitude will be important.

• Like 1

On 14/05/2022 at 13:23, Commentator said:

Can I mention that HWD Hospital Radio will be holding a bucket collection at half time on Sunday.

This is our only fund raising event this year and we rely totally on donations to keep the station on air 24 hours a day. This year is our 70th anniversary year making us one of the longest running Hospital Radio Stations in the world and all of that time we have covered local Rugby League live every season! Sunday is no exception, you can listen to the Rams / Fev live  @  https://hwdhospitalradio.com/player.shtml 

We are also covering the Bradford Bulls Vs York Knights and regular updates on the Leeds United survival game. So bring some cash with you and put it in the buckets as our volunteers come round at half time and lets keep our service going another 70 years!

Many thanks 🙂 

HWD Hospital Radio Broadcast to Dewsbury District Hospital, Pinderfields and Pontefract General Hospitals and on the world wide web & www.hwdhospitalradio.com 

Did you do well with your collection at the game ? I along with many fans gladly contributed to a very worthy cause and wish you all the best.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 16/05/2022 at 16:24, Fevrover said:

Did you do well with your collection at the game ? I along with many fans gladly contributed to a very worthy cause and wish you all the best.

Sorry, just saw this. Yes thank you We raised around £470 on the day, a big thanks to all that contributed on the day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1