Match thread: Championship Rd11. Dewsbury v Featherstone Rovers. Sunday 15th May 2022.

With everybody getting tickets for WHL, it's easy to forget we have a couple of important bread-and-butter league fixtures before the final.

What squad will we have available for our trip to Dewsbury? It's a fixture and a ground I always enjoy.

We know Gaz Gale has joined Hardcastle and Gill on the injured list, and with Ford not expected to arrive before Friday and another six players out on loan, that reduces the squad to just 20 players.

Hellewell came off at Barrow and JD filled in at centre, but not heard about any injury there.

Luckily, we have Sosaia Feki on loan as he attempts to find some match fitness after his own injury concerns. Presumably, he goes straight into the team.

Perhaps we will also see a debut for Tyla Hepi?

Which four players miss out? Who knows, but perhaps Pickersgill, Hellewell, Cuthbertson (if he's not 100% why take the risk?) and Ferres imo.

Without seeing the squad 

Carpet carrier on wing 

Swap Connor for Matty

Swap Jesse for JD 

on the bench to give everybody some game time

Swap Cuthbo for  Ferres

Swap Hepi for Coops

Does the RFL not have any computer whizz kids to sort out their match centre. this is at least 2 weeks "down" . Talk about credibility , don,t make me laugh.

3 minutes ago, haskey said:

Does the RFL not have any computer whizz kids to sort out their match centre. this is at least 2 weeks "down" . Talk about credibility , don,t make me laugh.

Even when it's 'working' they can only manage to post 19 names despite the requirement for 21 existing since the start of the 2020 season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

No Feki on that list. Perhaps he'll be the 21st man?

That's nalied on  M Prob won't have a picture for twtter 🤣

Another silly tight pitch at Dewsbury which always makes it more difficult to cut lose with a big score. Would be good to see Cuthbertson back with the forwards tipping it on to each other as we’ve done effectively on occasions this year. We’ll bust them down the middle. 

8 hours ago, Phil Briscoe said:

Another silly tight pitch at Dewsbury which always makes it more difficult to cut lose with a big score. Would be good to see Cuthbertson back with the forwards tipping it on to each other as we’ve done effectively on occasions this year. We’ll bust them down the middle. 

TRUE about the pitch P but didn't stop us last year 11 tries 68 points but the funny thing is if you look at the team last year twelve won't be playing Sunday Josh H and Gareth G injured Tom H   Callum F and Loui M  on loan   Whitely Dagger Brown Halton Lussick Parata  and Spence   have  all gone to pastures new 

16 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Even when it's 'working' they can only manage to post 19 names despite the requirement for 21 existing since the start of the 2020 season.

Made a bit of a discovery this week in that the match centre line-ups can be found via the OurLeague app, and they are able to cope with the herculean task of listing 21 names rather than 19.

However, the Fev /Dewsbury  game was late to be updated compared to other games (the squads are up now but weren't when I checked yesterday evening) and the players are listed in alphabetical order rather than squad numbers, which is distinctly unhelpful.

Still only 20 names so as others have suggested, perhaps waiting for Feki's registration to come through (though I don't think we have anyone else left to name who isn 't either injured or out on loan?).

As well as Hepi likely to be getting a game I would think Pickersgill might get a start this week or next week, he's one player that Mac seemed keen to keep involved whereas it has become clear in recent weeks which players don't seem to fit into his plans.

And as those "fringe" players have started to be replaced, and with some injured players returning it's getting harder to discount anyone in the 20/21-man squad named each week.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I would think Pickersgill might get a start this week or next week, he's one player that Mac seemed keen to keep involved whereas it has become clear in recent weeks which players don't seem to fit into his plans.

Not this weekend by the looks of it - he's playing for Leeds reserves this afternoon!

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2022/05/14/rhinos-name-reserves-squad-for-castleford-clash/

Must admit I wondered if that avenue had been closed to us but clearly not.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not this weekend by the looks of it - he's playing for Leeds reserves this afternoon!

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2022/05/14/rhinos-name-reserves-squad-for-castleford-clash/

Must admit I wondered if that avenue had been closed to us but clearly not.

It makes me  laugh this reserve thing RFL kicked FEv out to make it  a SL reserves league and today the Whinos  are playing one from FEV and seven from Hunslet🤣

• Like 1

9 hours ago, POR said:

TRUE about the pitch P but didn't stop us last year 11 tries 68 points but the funny thing is if you look at the team last year twelve won't be playing Sunday Josh H and Gareth G injured Tom H   Callum F and Loui M  on loan   Whitely Dagger Brown Halton Lussick Parata  and Spence   have  all gone to pastures new 

Exactly 🤔

And we're a far worse team than last year.... I'm going for 74 points this season 🤔

19 hours ago, Phil Briscoe said:

What a load of tripe.

• Haha 1

Dewsbury is one of the narrowest pitches in the championship. It’s a statistical fact. I’ve watched us pass the ball out to the winger at Dewsbury  who has then passed it back inside to the centre and second rower as they’ve run out of room and are about to go into touch. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Phil Briscoe said:

Dewsbury is one of the narrowest pitches in the championship. It’s a statistical fact. I’ve watched us pass the ball out to the winger at Dewsbury  who has then passed it back inside to the centre and second rower as they’ve run out of room and are about to go into touch. 

You managed to score 68 points last time you played there, so shouldn't be too much of an obstacle to running up another cricket score.