Which one of you won the Euromillons and which team are you going to chuck a lump into?

None of them. I have no desire to lose money in that capacity currently or whether I had that sort of money and if I did come into money, there’s plenty of other things I’d rather do than become a chairman of a Rugby League club. 

For the hypothetical reasons behind this thread, it’s not exactly an easy choice. There aren’t many with assets or stadiums of their own, for a start. There’s probably greater potential in Wigan, Hull FC or Bradford if you can get them a stadium of their own (not exactly easy work) and probably less potential in some fallen “giants” or clubs in relatively big cities in Widnes, York, Sheffield, Newcastle, either London club, North Wales, Midlands and probably a couple of others. 

I think money would be better spent on the grassroots and full time development coaches in developing areas and developing countries across the planet, which would be less of a financial outlay but quite possibly more rewarding than fans moaning about you on Internet forums and social media. 

• Like 2

Mrs WWD told me last thing last night that somebody in the UK had won the Euromillions jackpot, so imagine my excitement this morning when I turned on my computer, checked my emails and had one from the National Lottery saying I had won a prize...!

And so I had...all £2.60 of it.  Not sure which clubs I could buy into for that!

• Haha 2

If it were me I would donate funds for infrastructure only to Oldham, obviously, but also funds , again for infrastructure, to all the local Oldham amateur teams. I would also fund a trophy and prize money for an inter school RL comp within Oldham. I would also look at funding a local RL museum to showcase the town's impact on the game with particular reference to Joseph Platt, son of Oldham, father of Rugby League.

• Like 4

There would be quite the narrative behind taking West Wales from pretty poorly run, the worst side in the game and record breaking for all the wrong reasons to the top of the game. It would be quite the redemption story. 

It would involve a big reset but I reckon it would be quite enjoyable. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

There would be quite the narrative behind taking West Wales from pretty poorly run, the worst side in the game and record breaking for all the wrong reasons to the top of the game. It would be quite the redemption story. 

It would involve a big reset but I reckon it would be quite enjoyable. 

Richard Agar would interview like a legend for the coach's job too. You'd be so rich you wouldn't care.

2 hours ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Mrs WWD told me last thing last night that somebody in the UK had won the Euromillions jackpot, so imagine my excitement this morning when I turned on my computer, checked my emails and had one from the National Lottery saying I had won a prize...!

And so I had...all £2.60 of it.  Not sure which clubs I could buy into for that!

Snap. Maybe we could pool resources in a joint venture?

• Like 1

To be really honest about this, no matter how much I won, I'm not sure I'd be either wiling or able to run a rugby league club of whatever level. 

I'd probably spend a lot on wine, women, sex and song....then I'd just fritter the rest away. A large proportion of my winnings would go on setting up a series of regional YJOs similar to NYJO and WYJO. If you have to ask,  then you won't understand.  My contribution to rugby league would come in the form of a charitable foundation that provides grant aid for SL clubs to award season tickets to young fans via some sort of competition run in schools and in youth teams.  I'd set up a tv production company that would take over the location pert of broadcasting and streaming of live Super League games, as well as recruiting and training of commentators and pundits. Oh, and I'd buy and ride lots of motorbikes. 

Edited by JohnM

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

To be really honest about this, no matter how much I won, I'm not sure I'd be either wiling or able to run a rugby league club of whatever level. 

Neither would I. I'd probably just hand the money to Campbell and ask him to get on with it.

• Like 1