fevnut's musings 2022 #4:Dane Chisholm, 1895 Cup and Matches against Dewsbury

fevnut

fevnut’s musings #04: Dane Chisholm, 1895 Cup and Matches against Dewsbury

The latest edition of fevnut’s musings has now been published.

This week we pay tribute to a player we really loved to watch and thought about some others who regularly brought a smile to our face. We consider the value of the 1895 Cup and bearing in mind that there is history in next Sunday’s game we look at the record and records of league matches between Fev and Dewsbury.

Access ‘musings’ by clicking on the link below and don't forget to use the links on the right-hand side of the page to open other interesting pages.

https://fevblog452.blogspot.com/2022/02/fevnuts-musings-03-championship-so-far.html

1 hour ago, ajrover said:

Not sure on the exact criteria you use, but think there are a few more flags that could be added, such as Ireland (Mathiou, Cooper), Egypt (Kheirallah) and Canada (Jacks).

Definitely I ought to add Canada. What are Mathiou and Coops qualifications for Ireland. I do know that Kheirallah has Lebanese heritage but where does Egypt come in?

Correction! You are right about Kheirallah and Egypt, but it doesn't merit an egyptian flag because there is not, and never has been, an egyptian RL team!

Edited by fevnut

8 hours ago, fevnut said:

Definitely I ought to add Canada. What are Mathiou and Coops qualifications for Ireland. I do know that Kheirallah has Lebanese heritage but where does Egypt come in?

Correction! You are right about Kheirallah and Egypt, but it doesn't merit an egyptian flag because there is not, and never has been, an egyptian RL team!

I know Mathiou has an Irish passport so guess that qualifies him. Not sure on Cooper but I got it from this Twitter page which does them all: https://twitter.com/HeCanPlayFor?t=lPaRAb_HJ8AwUohUtU_eJg&s=09