Crack for Barrow away

Evs62

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

First thought looking at the team sheet was how undersized our pack looks . There’s 4 guys there out of six who could play hooker 

Funny the commentator was just saying the same!!!!!!  Everyone can’t be wrong about having no size in the forwards

• Like 3

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Well I jumped in the car and come down thinking we’d make a game of it, wrong so far. Very poor so far with only Curtis looking like making a break. The half was summed up when we had a decent set, put a good kick in, got another set 10 yards out, played the ball and no one at acting half, Barrow got the ball. Hopefully get a bit of pride back 2nd half

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Where is Thomson at today?

Seen on his Instagram that he was at a wedding or something so mightve been given time off?

Well we got some pride back, a good 2nd half and if Curtis’s little kick thro had had slightly less on it to get to 22-18 I think they ‘d have gone on to win it. Barrow’s forwards were struggling and we were well on top. Pity about the 1st half when we were well outplayed but can’t fault the commitment and effort but we had enough sets in their 20 in that 2nd half to have won it but really struggled to break them down. When we started getting the ball to Tate and Curtis we looked a different team. UTT

• Like 1

1st half killed us the 2 final kick plays resulting in 2 trys in the 1st half 22 nil down , thou a lot of positives in the 2nd half which bodes well in the up coming battles , so i have still got a lot belief we can survive the drop.

49 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Well we got some pride back, a good 2nd half and if Curtis’s little kick thro had had slightly less on it to get to 22-18 I think they ‘d have gone on to win it. Barrow’s forwards were struggling and we were well on top. Pity about the 1st half when we were well outplayed but can’t fault the commitment and effort but we had enough sets in their 20 in that 2nd half to have won it but really struggled to break them down. When we started getting the ball to Tate and Curtis we looked a different team. UTT

Well said , we just didn't look at the races today in the first half, 2nd half better but we failed to crack there defence and could have scored a couple more with some luck , ref was same as the last few weeks _hite but he doesn't mess up play the balls so we can't blame him for everything, Joe Brown, Teare and Tate our best I thought, 2400 odd at match and how nice it was to see loads of young fans there something we could do , well done Barrra on your win I just feel we lay down and made it to easy for you .... again 

Well another poor day today really like the look off will tate and Wilkinson from Hull kr hopefully we can keep them past the months loan rhys Clark doesn't look interested at all and plays with zero fire in his belly personally like the edge off tate and Curtis 

I'm not gonna let the second half cloud my judgement, that was utter garbage. If Tate hadn't been playing we wouldn't have scored at all. 

Why have we signed two new hookers cos He's not big enough to be a forward , why are we playing another hooker in the back row and why do we have a big prop who has done nothing wrong all year but doesn't get a game? Why does everything go through Thomas who rarely creates anything when our best player is Doran who hardly touches the ball? 

That game was lost in the first ten minutes because nobody was big enough to put Forster on his ######, and they're big all through the pack. We looked like we hadn't trained at all, loose passes , nobody at acting half ...seriously!! Not happy. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

I'm not gonna let the second half cloud my judgement, that was utter garbage. If Tate hadn't been playing we wouldn't have scored at all. 

Why have we signed two new hookers cos He's not big enough to be a forward , why are we playing another hooker in the back row and why do we have a big prop who has done nothing wrong all year but doesn't get a game? Why does everything go through Thomas who rarely creates anything when our best player is Doran who hardly touches the ball? 

That game was lost in the first ten minutes because nobody was big enough to put Forster on his ######, and they're big all through the pack. We looked like we hadn't trained at all, loose passes , nobody at acting half ...seriously!! Not happy. 

Our signing strategy is a mystery to me mate, better players allowed to leave in my humble opinion, have followed town nearly 60 years,  season ticket holder and away  traveller for many of those,  didnt expect to win many this season but expected more than we have seen, really dissapointed, appreciate itsnot easy but our recruitment has been abysmal. Sadly there are a few travellers being picked week on week who would struggle in some of our local teams

24 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Yep , we’ve got more hookers than Las Vegas 

• Like 1

Town never had the ball In the first half Barrow played really well keeping  town with no ball and scored some poor trys but they all count from towns point of view.

Barrow were up on Jamie all the time so no game play  as everyone knows when Jamie ticks the team tick.

Town came out the second half and played very well if the Town players had just got the the kick through and Cain and got his hand to the ball things could have been alot different  because Barrow were looking very tired 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Our signing strategy is a mystery to me mate, better players allowed to leave in my humble opinion, have followed town nearly 60 years,  season ticket holder and away  traveller for many of those,  didnt expect to win many this season but expected more than we have seen, really dissapointed, appreciate itsnot easy but our recruitment has been abysmal. Sadly there are a few travellers being picked week on week who would struggle in some of our local teams

We could've won a few but we either get outmuscled,  or don't start playing until,the games lost, or make daft mistakes or any number of things. It's so frustrating , the only way out of this is to get a couple of big forwards who are a better class than what we have who basically are grafters. Where from I don't know but they keep saying there's money available. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Evs62 said:

Town never had the ball In the first half Barrow played really well keeping  town with no ball and scored some poor trys but they all count from towns point of view.

Barrow were up on Jamie all the time so no game play  as everyone knows when Jamie ticks the team tick.

Town came out the second half and played very well if the Town players had just got the the kick through and Cain and got his hand to the ball things could have been alot different  because Barrow were looking very tired 

Mate I respect your opinion but we never had the ball because we kept making dumb errors and couldn't dominate a tackle against  a bigger pack. Yes we actually could've won it which was unthinkable in the first half but another game we chucked away. 

1 hour ago, town2018 said:

really like the look off will tate and Wilkinson from Hull kr hopefully we can keep them 

Might be able to keep Wilkinson who looked useful but I suspect Tate will be in some squads for KR. He has a real look of class about him both offensively and defensively.

Totally disillusioned, at this level with this squad it just ain't working. As a life long Townie I don't expect a lot but l thought at least we would give this season a go.  I dread to think we will go thro this season without a win and fear the worst against Leigh and all the tough away fixtures.  

• Like 2