Crack for Barrow away

Evs62

The RFL are really doing there best to kill the game up here in my opinion, last home match both at home both away this week, both away next week and there the only matches I can think of the top of my head, how hard is it to have haven at home and us away or the other way round , Muppets spring to mind !

22 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

The RFL are really doing there best to kill the game up here in my opinion, last home match both at home both away this week, both away next week and there the only matches I can think of the top of my head, how hard is it to have haven at home and us away or the other way round , Muppets spring to mind !

Its hasn't been any different over the years has it tho, what a simple fix it would be for the floating fans to attend both Town and Haven games, yes on some occasions especially in the cups you cant guarantee both wont be at home or away at the same time, but other wise should be simple.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Mate I respect your opinion but we never had the ball because we kept making dumb errors and couldn't dominate a tackle against  a bigger pack. Yes we actually could've won it which was unthinkable in the first half but another game we chucked away. 

Really think we need someone to give Jamie a hand and then try to give him just a little bit more space for him to work with 

As much as I thought the worky fans were really good in supporting their team I can honestly say the language of a few was disgusting in front of women and children. Even  the women from Workington were apologising for the minority who let the club down. Not acceptable sorry. 

42 minutes ago, Evs62 said:

Really think we need someone to give Jamie a hand and then try to give him just a little bit more space for him to work with 

The very reason why we need bigger forwards is to create that space

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 minute ago, Ulverstonian said:

As much as I thought the worky fans were really good in supporting their team I can honestly say the language of a few was disgusting in front of women and children. Even  the women from Workington were apologising for the minority who let the club down. Not acceptable sorry. 

This looks like a copy and paste from a comment on here the last time Barra visited DP - but with the club names reversed. 

11 hours ago, Evs62 said:

True but also if they didn't pass it behind him so all the momentum is lost that would help. I watched Barrow warming up and they were concentrating on bursting the tackle and offloading, i knew then the signs weren't good, then we started or didn't start like we did and that was that.

11 hours ago, Ulverstonian said:

The only really bad language I heard yesterday was off 3 or 4 young Barrow fans who were telling the town players how poor they were after one of the Barrow tries, in fairness the way the try was scored they were right! However don’t make out it’s a one way street as far as bad language is concerned, you’ve certainly got your share of them, as have every club in the game. 

• Like 1

Just on the size of our pack ,put the 2019 squad up , in it you have Tom Curwen , Andrew Dawson ,Gordoh Maudling , Oliver Wilkes ,Sam Hopkins ,Fui Fui Moi Moi , as well as Streve Scholeys injury ,.....none have been replaced with anyone of a similar size , last year we got through by the skin of our teeth with a monumental effort , this year the recruitment , for whatever reason has not been up to speck . 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

Just on the size of our pack ,put the 2019 squad up , in it you have Tom Curwen , Andrew Dawson ,Gordoh Maudling , Oliver Wilkes ,Sam Hopkins ,Fui Fui Moi Moi , as well as Streve Scholeys injury ,.....none have been replaced with anyone of a similar size , last year we got through by the skin of our teeth with a monumental effort , this year the recruitment , for whatever reason has not been up to speck . 

Chris has to take the majority of the blame, he didn’t want big forwards? We had Bruie who we let go, Tom curwen who we let go. The philosophy of grafters will not work in this league. Also I don’t understand why he was playing dec at 13 yesterday. Some of the decisions are baffling 

• Like 2

I personally was a big fan off Chris last season thought what he done to the team was a massive plus but going into this year with the mindset off not needing big forwards is questionable and even when we are half way into the season with zero points on the table his mindset doesn't seem to have changed personally will never stop turning up to support the lads every Sunday but if we don't get a result next week against London big questions need to be asked 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, town2018 said:

I personally was a big fan off Chris last season thought what he done to the team was a massive plus but going into this year with the mindset off not needing big forwards is questionable and even when we are half way into the season with zero points on the table his mindset doesn't seem to have changed personally will never stop turning up to support the lads every Sunday but if we don't get a result next week against London big questions need to be asked 

London? 

1 hour ago, Town67 said:

Chris has to take the majority of the blame, he didn’t want big forwards? We had Bruie who we let go, Tom curwen who we let go. The philosophy of grafters will not work in this league. Also I don’t understand why he was playing dec at 13 yesterday. Some of the decisions are baffling 

Bruce went to Haven for more money and to be closer to home. Poor Tom had bad injuries that's why he wasn't kept on no doubt about it two good players. Dec lifts the team with his enthusiasm and he does have skill.

3 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

they were concentrating on bursting the tackle and offloading,

Sounds like a good plan . I’d have liked us to have it in mind when we were readying and recruiting for this season . Every other club seems to think it’s important 

We have a big forward signed on a months loan and chose not to play him which blows my mind. Riley had to play yesterday, wether he had trained much or not, he’s a handful and with our game plan of 1 man rugby down the middle does he really need to be up to date with our tactics. The Welsh lads go straight into the side when the 1st signed, both of whom are 2 of the smallest forwards I’ve ever seen, and considerably worse hookers than the 2 lads we already have, but glens left out. Baffling 

• Like 2

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

10 minutes ago, town2018 said:

I agree, Chris has been excellent and earned himself plenty of wiggle room, and he's still got my backing. But I am also completely baffled with some of his decisions. The situation with props I just can't fathom as its gone on too long without being addressed for it not to be a conscious decision. Yet every other team whether NRL, SL or Championship have the big lads in the middle. There's others i don't get but I guess many are subjective and I accept Chris knows better than me.

Let's hope we can turn the corner very soon. UTT 

• Like 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

3 minutes ago, wonky said:

We have a big forward signed on a months loan and chose not to play him which blows my mind. Riley had to play yesterday, wether he had trained much or not, he’s a handful and with our game plan of 1 man rugby down the middle does he really need to be up to date with our tactics. The Welsh lads go straight into the side when the 1st signed, both of whom are 2 of the smallest forwards I’ve ever seen, and considerably worse hookers than the 2 lads we already have, but glens left out. Baffling 

I must admit it baffled me as well, only signed him for a month, meaning he's only there for another 3 games (if it doesn't get extended), 1 of those being against Leigh away 👎

13 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I must admit it baffled me as well, only signed him for a month, meaning he's only there for another 3 games (if it doesn't get extended), 1 of those being against Leigh away 👎

Would make sense for haven to release Riley and town to release singleton then both can crack on at their new clubs

1 hour ago, Town67 said:

Everyone seems to think CT will be able to pull it off by keeping Town in this division,  I'm not sure it will happen myself, especially with some of the players he has assembled, its so sad as this could be the demise of the club with this new rfl funding package's,