Crack for Barrow away

Evs62

19 minutes ago, Gillmeister80 said:

We are getting beat every game. Id expect theres lots that arent happy.  Thats sport

Yeah but probably losing every game because of thormans poor recruitment.  And I'm blowing no bubbles at haven I think we'll go down with youse . Then next season west cumbria will be well up the shi77er

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, donald said:

Yeah but probably losing every game because of thormans poor recruitment.  And I'm blowing no bubbles at haven I think we'll go down with youse . Then next season west cumbria will be well up the shi77er

Can't see Haven going down unless things improve dramatically at Dewsbury and London. 

Those 2 along with Town are worse than Haven 

23 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Can't see Haven going down unless things improve dramatically at Dewsbury and London. 

Those 2 along with Town are worse than Haven 

With the loanees we're getting and the players out long time I can't see us winning many if any games so it's gonna be tough

50 minutes ago, donald said:

I bet Chris would have loved to have had the money most clubs have had   at his disposal but he hasn't and has had to do what he can with peanuts, Christ our budget is pittance compared to others  and getting quality players to come up here costs even more , give ye heads a wobble , Chris has  made mistakes and would probably admit to that but it wasn't long ago we where all saying he was brilliant, the Blue Knights have even tried to raise funds for Chris to strengthen the team, join up and help I'm sure they would appreciate your support !

I always find it strange that haven fans jump on this forum and never there own 🤔 UTT 🔵⚪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

I bet Chris would have loved to have had the money most clubs have had   at his disposal but he hasn't and has had to do what he can with peanuts, Christ our budget is pittance compared to others  and getting quality players to come up here costs even more , give ye heads a wobble , Chris has  made mistakes and would probably admit to that but it wasn't long ago we where all saying he was brilliant, the Blue Knights have even tried to raise funds for Chris to strengthen the team, join up and help I'm sure they would appreciate your support !

I always find it strange that haven fans jump on this forum and never there own 🤔 UTT 🔵⚪

I can guarantee town and barrows budget off the rfl was a good few thousand more than havens . It all went in last seasons average crowds and social media followers where on twitter and Facebook town and barrow have a lot more followers than haven . Sounds bizarre but that's how it works now 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, donald said:

I can guarantee town and barrows budget off the rfl was a good few thousand more than havens . It all went in last seasons average crowds and social media followers where on twitter and Facebook town and barrow have a lot more followers than haven . Sounds bizarre but that's how it works now 

Thats because Workington and Barra have the Internet marra.

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

I think its  yourself and Chris who should be giving your heads a wobble, Town are just like a lot of other clubs who have also struggled finically, and what has happened with all his contacts and connections, surly that should have helped.

At the end of the day most of the traveling players he has fetched in are not up to the job, plus he is still insisting in saying he is not looking in to bringing in size in to the pack..

• Haha 1

Ah good, the daft jameaters are here to tell us about our financial situation and players feelings again, great times....no doubt they will cry and whine they are being picked on again as soon as anyone dares argue the point with them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JMB said:

I think its  yourself and Chris who should be giving your heads a wobble, Town are just like a lot of other clubs who have also struggled finically, and what has happened with all his contacts and connections, surly that should have helped.

At the end of the day most of the traveling players he has fetched in are not up to the job, plus he is still insisting in saying he is not looking in to bringing in size in to the pack..

Do you ever have anything positive to say? The lads need our support now more than ever. I’m sure Chris wouldn’t mind you telling him yourself though…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JMB said:

I don’t think Chris Thorman signed a 4 yr deal and uprooted his family to live over here to purposefully put a team on the park that is struggling to compete. I assume you know that he hasn’t tried to bring better players to the club and is quite satisfied getting beat every week. It certainly doesn’t do a lot for a young coaches cv and I would think he’ll be trying like hell to improve the team. Like most on here I’ve been surprised by some of the additions and would have preferred some different signings but are guys like that available? Historically it is very difficult to both stay in the championship after promotion and get top class players up here without paying over the odds. We’ve gone down that route many times in the past and suffered because of it. In his interviews Chris always says his door is open so instead of calling somebody on here why not go and have a crack with him.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, IanMac said:

I don’t think Chris Thorman signed a 4 yr deal and uprooted his family to live over here to purposefully put a team on the park that is struggling to compete. I assume you know that he hasn’t tried to bring better players to the club and is quite satisfied getting beat every week. It certainly doesn’t do a lot for a young coaches cv and I would think he’ll be trying like hell to improve the team. Like most on here I’ve been surprised by some of the additions and would have preferred some different signings but are guys like that available? Historically it is very difficult to both stay in the championship after promotion and get top class players up here without paying over the odds. We’ve gone down that route many times in the past and suffered because of it. In his interviews Chris always says his door is open so instead of calling somebody on here why not go and have a crack with him.

The thing I don't understand is why when it's obvious that we're losing week in week out because the other team has at least one big forward who marches them upfield we don't play our biggest lad John Hutchings. He's the coach and he must have a reason but I don't get it. Was Ryan Wilson given a proper go? 

28 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

The thing I don't understand is why when it's obvious that we're losing week in week out because the other team has at least one big forward who marches them upfield we don't play our biggest lad John Hutchings. He's the coach and he must have a reason but I don't get it. Was Ryan Wilson given a proper go? 

I used to agree but from watching him a few more times he can’t tackle . It’s not all about going forward 

Are London a big team? Really believe this is a must win game and the reverse down there place.

We must win the home fixtures also against Haven and Barrow to get up to 8 points.

The summer bash game also should be a target but can't see any other possible wins.

My trip down this year to fit in with other family arrangements should get me to the Leigh fixture, worse luck.

My first match 60ish years ago was as I remember it a 28 to 4 win over Leigh, but can't see a repeat of that.

It's not that straight forward Town targetting certain games and may survive, you have to remember the teams around them will play each and pick up points. I remember a post on here where teams should be targetting 12 / 14 points to survive, where are the 6 / 7 wins coming from? Best we can hope for is a restructuring of league with no relegation.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

No because it was to big a step up for wilson

London twice big games wont be easy. we also got dewsbury haven at home n bigbash have to win  those to have a chance. Fear for weekend against leigh(beat batley by 50 at batley. Watched them so fast n strong even blake fergusson carnt get in team. Said he be playing against town at weekend.

47 minutes ago, Townie987 said:

I used to agree but from watching him a few more times he can’t tackle . It’s not all about going forward 

My eyesight ain't what it used to be but I've never seen him miss a tackle, I actually meant we need someone of his size to stop their big lads. Don't agree .