Crack for Barrow away

Evs62

1 hour ago, homeandawayer said:

The thing I don't understand is why when it's obvious that we're losing week in week out because the other team has at least one big forward who marches them upfield we don't play our biggest lad John Hutchings. He's the coach and he must have a reason but I don't get it. Was Ryan Wilson given a proper go? 

Him and  Daryl Powell seem to have the same philosophy with similar results . I back Chris like the vast majority of us but i havent understood a fair bit since the end of  last season tbh 

2 hours ago, IanMac said:

I don’t think Chris Thorman signed a 4 yr deal and uprooted his family to live over here to purposefully put a team on the park that is struggling to compete. I assume you know that he hasn’t tried to bring better players to the club and is quite satisfied getting beat every week. It certainly doesn’t do a lot for a young coaches cv and I would think he’ll be trying like hell to improve the team. Like most on here I’ve been surprised by some of the additions and would have preferred some different signings but are guys like that available? Historically it is very difficult to both stay in the championship after promotion and get top class players up here without paying over the odds. We’ve gone down that route many times in the past and suffered because of it. In his interviews Chris always says his door is open so instead of calling somebody on here why not go and have a crack with him.

So I'm slagging CT off by expressing my views and pointing out my own observation's, along with the rest of the supporters, everyone is bemused by the lack of recruitment, with all his contacts and connections we should be able to improve the playing squad, and he has told everyone himself publicly  that he is struggling to attract the right players to the club, but why, especially as we have money available.  

24 minutes ago, JMB said:

So I'm slagging CT off by expressing my views and pointing out my own observation's, along with the rest of the supporters, everyone is bemused by the lack of recruitment, with all his contacts and connections we should be able to improve the playing squad, and he has told everyone himself publicly  that he is struggling to attract the right players to the club, but why, especially as we have money available.  

Fair point, reasonable question to ask

4 hours ago, IanMac said:

I don’t think Chris Thorman signed a 4 yr deal and uprooted his family to live over here to purposefully put a team on the park that is struggling to compete. I assume you know that he hasn’t tried to bring better players to the club and is quite satisfied getting beat every week. It certainly doesn’t do a lot for a young coaches cv and I would think he’ll be trying like hell to improve the team. Like most on here I’ve been surprised by some of the additions and would have preferred some different signings but are guys like that available? Historically it is very difficult to both stay in the championship after promotion and get top class players up here without paying over the odds. We’ve gone down that route many times in the past and suffered because of it. In his interviews Chris always says his door is open so instead of calling somebody on here why not go and have a crack with him.

Key board warriors IanMac, won't say a word to people's face and ask the questions it's easier to slag folk off on here marra, probably don't even know where the office is , let's just keep slagging the players, board and coaching staff off its easier instead of getting behind them and supporting the good and bad time's, every club goes through UTT🔵⚪

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hate the rec said:

Key board warriors IanMac, won't say a word to people's face and ask the questions it's easier to slag folk off on here marra, probably don't even know where the office is , let's just keep slagging the players, board and coaching staff off its easier instead of getting behind them and supporting the good and bad time's, every club goes through UTT🔵⚪I am  sure I said in my opinion, and I'm sure I said it on a public forum,  

7 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Key board warriors IanMac, won't say a word to people's face and ask the questions it's easier to slag folk off on here marra, probably don't even know where the office is , let's just keep slagging the players, board and coaching staff off its easier instead of getting behind them and supporting the good and bad time's, every club goes through UTT🔵⚪

It just doesn't help anyone, the thing that annoys me is people saying I've heard this and I've heard that and base it as fact, the biggest annoyance some of these people won't watch town from one week to the next!

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

9 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

I posted something a few backs about the club having an open day where they were all available for questions, I guarantee all of the ones who are constantly "just asking questions" on here didnt go, not a single one of them.

11 hours ago, JMB said:

Like I said, he has always said his door is open, go and ask him. 
I don’t think I said you can’t express your views, that’s what a forum is for, but no matter how many times you ask the questions only Chris or the board can answer them. I’m sure we all want what is best for the club as supporters, but at the end of the day it’s those who run it who make the decisions and we’ve got to hope that they to have the best interests of the club at heart, which I’m sure they do or they wouldn’t be committing the time and effort to it that they do. 

• Like 2

I'd love to have a chat with him! Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't we short on directors and chairman round about the time we should have been recruiting which would make things even more difficult. Poor recruitment campaign for sure and I think we are looking for miracles to avoid the drop BUT I'll still go watch/support this team who continue to give everything they've got and also hope that Thorman will around for many years yet.

• Like 4

Back in the day i made an appointment with and met the then coach who after the initial handshakes was hostile to me questioning his methods and decisions as the team were on a similar losing run. It didn't do any good although he left not long after and i'm not in a hurry to do it again. This forum is for us to have a whinge when things aren't going well and applaud when they are , i don't think anyone is slagging anyone off just questioning the decisions that have been made because we care about the club. We're always here when the latest coach has departed, i'm sure they were all great coaches until they started losing and got the boot.

Edited by homeandawayer
  • Like 4

On a similar theme , and maybe this was just coincidence ,i wrote a letter which was printed in the News and Star when Walshy was coach , more or less saying that at the time we had a certain forward who was giving needless penalties away and unless we signed a quality half back promotion was looking less likely . The forward in question seemed to clean up his act ,more or less, and shortly afterwards we signed Ged Byrne .As i say maybe coincidence , maybe not .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

On a similar theme , and maybe this was just coincidence ,i wrote a letter which was printed in the News and Star when Walshy was coach , more or less saying that at the time we had a certain forward who was giving needless penalties away and unless we signed a quality half back promotion was looking less likely . The forward in question seemed to clean up his act ,more or less, and shortly afterwards we signed Ged Byrne .As i say maybe coincidence , maybe not .

So what’s stopping you now? I’ll buy the stamps if only we had known it was so easy to get promoted 😂😂🤫

• Like 1

Have a look back on this forum at the pre-season comments about the squad and most supporters were saying about the quality of the squad and how it was short all over the park. Chris Thorman may be a young coach, but there's no denying the recruitment this season has been woeful, as hookers apart we have nothing in depth !

How many lads who signed from the amateurs over the last 2 seasons are still with the club?

In truth most, if not all were not good enough for Championship rugby, and most followers of the local amateur game would have said the same prior to them signing. Unfortunately, the reality for Town and Haven is that there are very few players locally who have the attributes to play at championship level, and some of those who are have good jobs, so professional rugby and the commitment needed to play at that level is of no interest to them. 

This is turn means our recruitment has always had an over reliance on travellers, and that is where our recruitment has been very poor this season, and is why we are rooted at the bottom of the division.

It was always going to be a difficult task to stay i this division, but its been made twice as hard because of poor recruitment

Someone has to take responsibility and as chief coach the buck stops with Chris Thorman !

I would have more confidence in him if he came out and admitted the player recruiting had not been as expected and what plans were in place to rectify this for next season in order to target promotion at the first attempt.

That said, I do think he deserves to be coach next season but I sincerely hope the club are using what limited resources they have to identify someone experienced to help Chris with recruitment as whoever is doing it now seems well out of their depth I'm afraid

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sticklebricks said:

So what’s stopping you now? I’ll buy the stamps if only we had known it was so easy to get promoted 😂😂🤫

If i knew where the Ged Byrnes were hiding now , i would !   ..........but could we afford them ?

22 hours ago, Townie987 said:

Do you ever have anything positive to say? The lads need our support now more than ever. I’m sure Chris wouldn’t mind you telling him yourself though…

Its hard to say anything positive at present, and its going to take more than support to keep the club up in this division. 

On 16/05/2022 at 18:56, tec said:

Agree about 200 on par with London and Sheffield.

Smart ###, so you think 200 travelling fans is poor for a team sitting on the bottom of the league with zero points ? I can count on one hand the times you've fetched over 200 to DP, it used to be a standing joke when the mini bus pulled in. You lot got a nosebleed when you ventured north of Dalton. 🙄

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

What a load of bull, not one Town fan thought we wouldn't go back down, stop stirring it. Town fan are we 🤔🙄

Bloody hell, doom and gloom for you and your mates not thinking they didn't have a chance this season, I personally along with a few others were expecting a few decent additions to the squad to keep us up in this division, this would have complimented some of the decent lads we already had, plus the introduction of a few good local lads that the club had lined up, a mid table position could have been achievable, sadly with what has been recruited and probably the players low moral  your pre season thoughts will be true.  

1 hour ago, JMB said:

Bloody hell, doom and gloom for you and your mates not thinking they didn't have a chance this season, I personally along with a few others were expecting a few decent additions to the squad to keep us up in this division, this would have complimented some of the decent lads we already had, plus the introduction of a few good local lads that the club had lined up, a mid table position could have been achievable, sadly with what has been recruited and probably the players low moral  your pre season thoughts will be true.  

Broughy , have a face to face crack with Thorman and give him your advice.

• Like 1

I've waited to post this because i don't want it to look like  Barrow fan gloating. First of all I thought it was a good game and you had a great second half and we lost the plot. But saying that,  i thought you as a team have gone backwards from the tw previous games. I sincerely hope hope you start picking up wins and stay in the Championship 😁

10 hours ago, Townie987 said:

Broughy , have a face to face crack with Thorman and give him your advice.

Come on, if he isent on here or not told about who is saying what I will eat hay with a donkey, and people have to be realistic, any clubs going down this season will struggle to survive next season with all the Rfl cuts.

23 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Smart ###, so you think 200 travelling fans is poor for a team sitting on the bottom of the league with zero points ? I can count on one hand the times you've fetched over 200 to DP, it used to be a standing joke when the mini bus pulled in. You lot got a nosebleed when you ventured north of Dalton. 🙄

So that’s 6 times 😂😂