Thu 12th May: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Wigan Warriors KO 8pm

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/22 at 19:30

That's game over.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Huddersfield are determined to lose this.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

They could just record a Tez commentary and  play it every week , save him turning up

I think this lad's quality, me.

• Sad 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

If that had gone up as no try it probably wouldn't have been given.

• Like 3

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Great kick

Well deserved win for Huddersfield.

• Like 1

I had the BBC Radio commentary on.

The most praise seemed to be for Nicholson out of the Wigan players.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

25 minutes ago, Padge said:

Why are the three stooges talking about soccer.

Probably jumping back and forth from the cracking Spurs v Arsenal game on the other channel.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Thought we tried our hardest to lose that one...

Both teams missing a huge chunk of players, the come down after last week's efforts making it messy

Sets it up nicely for the big event 

I thought the scoreline flattered Wigan to be honest. It was a little disappointing because despite the changes our middles still had plenty of experience, but those players lacked intensity. I was also incredibly underwhelmed by Isa as usual. Our right edge got torn apart in defence and it wasn't all down to Smith, Thornley and Halsall - there were some poor decisions from Isa and he was ineffective in attack. You need the senior players to stand up.

We tried to play expansive without earning the right to and that led to a predictably error strewn performance. With the inexperienced Astley on the left edge alongside McDonnell the threat we'd usually have was gone and so when we tried to go that way things didn't really work out. Astley will improve in time as he's only young. Physically he handled the game well but he really needs to stop kicking the ball early in the tackle count.

There were some good points for Wigan. Some of our backs had decent games. Miski was really strong returning the ball despite having no service on our left edge. Halsall was strong too. Neither look out of place. If any back comes in for criticism for our weak defence it's probably Thornley. Nicholson was strong in the carry, defended with intensity and took his tries well. Shorrocks did well and I also thought Smith had a good game in the circumstances and was behind most of the good things we did in attack.

Not a lot to read into that game. Yes, we had a decent front row that didn't muscle up but our game against Saints will have taken it out of some of those players. The youngsters had a dig but couldn't find enough to cohesion to really settle down. One thing that did cross my mind is that we actually miss Pearce-Paul at centre.

It was a very important game, to focus minds before the Final. We will need probably need a repeat of, or to get close to the levels of intensity we showed against Saints to win. Good to see some of the young lads, there is some talent there. 

Huddersfield should’ve won by more. We looked flat, disjointed and a bit mentally drained from last week, which is understandable.

Main positive for us was Matty Nicholson. He did nothing to change my mind that he could end up being the best of an excellent young bunch of forwards at Wigan. 

4 hours ago, WN83 said:

Huddersfield should’ve won by more. We looked flat, disjointed and a bit mentally drained from last week, which is understandable.

Main positive for us was Matty Nicholson. He did nothing to change my mind that he could end up being the best of an excellent young bunch of forwards at Wigan. 

Yes Giants were best on the night which doesn't happen a lot against Wigan  and we should have had more points, It's worth mentioning though that although both sides had plenty of first choices out ,  Fartown had their first choice halves and fullback on the field and we also have some decent looking youngsters

Glad to get the points of course and would love to do it again in London but i fancy it will be tougher for both sides .  Well done to the Wigan fans that came a long way to watch a depleted team.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Not a classic but enthralling all the same I thought, despite Huddersfield being the better side, it was a fairly close game for most of it, had we taken our chances a bit better we could and probably should have been out of sight, but credit to Wigan for sticking at it and making us a bit nervous.

There was some good performances, as usual Lolohea, Fages and Leutele were class, (Lolohea's pass just after half time and his cheeky on the clock drop out were superb bits of play), Ash Golding was very calm and made some good yards and I was pleased for Louis but his all round game wasn't the best and I thought the young half back for Wigan did well, Rick's lad? we kept French fairly quiet and for once I didn't have the spectre of Liam Flipping Farrell cutting through our defensive line which was nice 😄 

But what it showed me was again, this Giants side have got something we haven't had in a while, togetherness, the will to win, the spirit of brotherhood, the need to stick together to get through the worst, something we simply wouldn't have done with the likes of Sezer, Gaskell, Edwards etc.

Another win against Wigan in a couple of weeks and Watto can have the town hall keys for me.

• Like 2