Fri 13th May : SL : St Helens v Hull FC KO 8pm SKY

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Hull FC

Discuss the SL game between St Helens and Hull FC here.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I think the result of this one will very much be dependent on Saints reaction to last weeks cup loss. A defeat like that usually goes one of two ways - There's an immediate reaction and the players go all out to prove to themselves & the fans it was just a bad day, and in which case Saints could run out easy winners for 20+, or they could feel mentally broken by the result and in which case Hull are more than capable of a win.

Tough one to call.

• Like 1

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

17 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

I think the result of this one will very much be dependent on Saints reaction to last weeks cup loss. A defeat like that usually goes one of two ways - There's an immediate reaction and the players go all out to prove to themselves & the fans it was just a bad day, and in which case Saints could run out easy winners for 20+, or they could feel mentally broken by the result and in which case Hull are more than capable of a win.

Tough one to call.

C'mon then extract the splinters, give us a prediction.

Our response to that dire Good Friday performance has been really positive. Two hard fought wins against good teams before turning on the style a little bit against Toulouse. We have played with a really good attitude and intensity. Those things alone won't be enough to beat Saints, but they might keep us in the game enough to give us a punchers chance if the likes of Connor and Lovodua can come up with a few pieces of brilliance.

Saints are the best team in the league, and clearly if both teams play to their potential there is only one winner. But I'm confident we can make life difficult for them, and maybe if luck is on our side we can snatch it. Unfortunately Gale is back, but surely he's due a performance!

I'll go Saints by 8, but I'm not writing off Hull by any means.

I’m going for Hull by 8. Playing Lomax is a big risk and having Ben Davies in the halves against Wigan was pointless. Is Woolf going to stick with the same game plan ?. It’ll be good watching Satae play tomorrow, im looking forward to that. If i was FC id target Hurrell, he is allover the shop in defence. 

Can't see Saints suffering a reaction. Would imagine coach will have them firing.  Of course expecting to be mentally impacted is normal journo play book suffering a defeat in important game - you know just like Man City expected to suffer from being knocked out champions league and then go on to win next two game scoring 5 goals each time in "pressure" games... yep good headlines but expect same here... but yer never know.

Saints to win.

Not a clue how we will line up. Nobody can convince me playing Lomax with a ruptured bicep is a good idea. We had to move him to full back last week to make less tackles.

At a guess, Lomax at 1, Davies and Welsby as half backs (even if the line up says differently).

We weren't far off last week and just came out on the wrong side of a match that could have gone either way. Even though we are struggling to know our best line up, I'm not too downbeat.

Hull are in good form and a win for FC wouldn't be a shock, but I'd back Saints by 8 or so.

Saints will without doubt react in the right way to last Saturday but Hull are playing well and it won't be easy, even with that positive reaction.  It will be interesting to see if Saints carry on with shuffling things around all game, to ensure Lomax is hidden in defence. If they do then it could be a bit disjointed but they'll get the win.

Saints by 12

Well, the early weekend start has seen a Yorks win v Lancs so you can now expect an abrupt reversal.

As usual, we may well give it our best for a while but end up a bit short...or have I got my Lee Radford's Hull FC in my head?

Enough of this negativity!

Sintellerns 18 Ullefsee 26

2 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Hull to get a big win against a Saints team struggling in the halves.

FC 26-4

Have you been out all day?

• Haha 1

Couple of interesting selections here. Sione to centre and Percival to wing, doesn't look like Woolf has too much trust in Simm. Seems we've settled on Ben Davies as our half back in place of Dodd.

Assume Griffin being used as a back rower for Hull. Has Swift been dropped or injured?

Since the derby beating Hull have been at home week after week after week so it's hard to know what their away form is.

Couldn't have a better time to play Saints though. Salford pushed them all the way and Hull may do so too but I'll still take Saints to scramble home.

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Is leading with the elbow not a penalty these days?

I just said on that reply that he led with the elbow.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.