24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Hull FC

Jake Connor needs to go on a spatial awareness course

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Thats a sts knock on isnt it?

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

19 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

A defender isn't carrying the ball and therefore needs a bent arm raised around chest height...

If an attacker tackled a defender we would give a penalty, but yet a defender is allowed to tackle an attacker. Really makes you think. 

Shoulder charge by a defender is illegal as it is deemed dangerous. Somehow, shoulder charges from attackers aren't dangerous?

Clarke lol

Sts don't need to score. fc won't score again. We have no idea.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Hull are determined not to win.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Connor was right, Roby grabbed it before it went 10.

"It doesn't matter", Barrie offers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Saint 1 said:

It's a dumb argument to make that all rules should be applied in all situations.

Wow.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Connor was right, Roby grabbed it before it went 10.

"It doesn't matter", Barrie offers.

Agreed, Roby drags it towards the 10 1st.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Re the shoulder charge argument, the defender could always bend his back and tackle the legs and so avoid the shoulder of the ball carrier

The ball carrier can't do that when  being hit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

Because ball carrying is inherently constrained in a way that tackling isn't.

If a shoulder charge is defined as:

1 - an attempt to tackle 

With

2 - the shoulder tucked and no attempt to wrap their arms

And 

3 - likely rotation of the hip and torso

Are you saying attackers can't have their arms tucked into their side? 

How does that fit into the suggested directive that elbows also shouldn't be on the chest carrying the ball? Where specifically do you want attackers to have their arms if not on their side or on their chest?

An attacker tackling a defender is a penalty because it's deemed dangerous, while the opposite isn't. Tackling someone catching a kick is a penalty, tackling someone jumping to catch a pass is not. It's a dumb argument to make that all rules should be applied in all situations.

Turning to lead with the shoulder going into the tackle is what is being talked about.

1 minute ago, hullste said:

Get rid of these Pie sports commentators for gods sake clearly Connor touched the drop out first and constantly looking for drama against Saints 😡

Agree the first part, but Roby touches it before the balls gone 10m, should have been penalty to Hull

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MZH said:

Great effort but we look beaten now. Saints have weathered the storm and we are looking tired now.

And literally as I type that Saints hammer the last nail in the coffin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

If you’re getting burnt for pace by Hurrell, I just don’t know what to say. 

Was that Wynne? Looked like he was running in treacle trying to catch, erm, Hurrell.