Sat 14th May : SL : Catalans Dragons v Warrington Wolves KO 6pm local (5pm UK) SKY

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Warrington Wolves

Discuss the SL game between Catalans Dragons and Warrington Wolves here.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Easiest home banker of all the fixtures, Catalans forwards will have no trouble with the powder puff wire pack, also time for the 'Golden Pair' at 6 & 7 to stand up for Warrington but they have not shown they have it in them this season, is it Powell, them or a combination of both, never mind there is always next year.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Easiest home banker of all the fixtures, Catalans forwards will have no trouble with the powder puff wire pack, also time for the 'Golden Pair' at 6 & 7 to stand up for Warrington but they have not shown they have it in them this season, is it Powell, them or a combination of both, never mind there is always next year.

Will we see the mighty hotbed of Leigh with their 2,100 army in SL next year too? 🧐

56 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

Will we see the mighty hotbed of Leigh with their 2,100 army in SL next year too? 🧐

Yes hopefully thank you, but what has that got to do with the Wire game at Catalan, Is it that you agree with me?

PS so you do, I scrolled down and there was your prediction.

Edited by Harry Stottle

8 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

Not if Featherstone or maybe even York or Batley have anything to do with it.

8 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

I’m one of them 🤷‍♂️ Going to a pub with a big screen in Warrington town centre, they’ll definitely be showing the football.  #FootballTown

No disrespect but each to their own I suppose.

I can't think of anything less appealing than having to sit through 90 mins of a domestic football game, I can just about stomach an England game in the latter stages of a big comp like the semi or final of the Euro's or WC.

On 12/05/2022 at 09:54, Dallas Mead said:

Just replying to a Leigh fan commenting on a wire Catalan game champ 👍

This thread is not exclusive to Les Cats and Wire fans as I'm sure you're well aware. It's a good job fans of clubs not involved in any of the game threads can comment as there's one poster on here who would have real problems getting all their hatred out otherwise.

On 13/05/2022 at 07:57, Harry Stottle said:

I can't think of anything less appealing than having to sit through 90 mins of a domestic football game, I can just about stomach an England game in the latter stages of a big comp like the semi or final of the Euro's or WC.

With you 100% there G.

Anyway, wasn't there a game to discuss?

Can't see Les Cats winning by the sort of margin some are predicting but I certainly think Wire will come second, nonetheless.

Catalans 28 Wire 14.

• Like 1
With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Matty Ashton not quite as fleet footed as I thought, well done Samkins.

Not sure Wire will get a better opportunity from their own half again, they really should have scored there.