Sat 14th May : SL : Catalans Dragons v Warrington Wolves KO 6pm local (5pm UK) SKY

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Warrington Wolves

12 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

As much as the officials gave Catalans the game with a clutch of shocking decisions, there's no excuse for how we are with the ball or that utter capitulation at the end.

If Powell has a plan, he hasn't told anyone.

I have just seen the penalty for the leg roll. It was unbelievable and at a time when there was only 6 points in it. 

I think the decisons wore down Warrington and left them disheartened.

22 minutes ago, Niels said:

I have just seen the penalty for the leg roll. It was unbelievable and at a time when there was only 6 points in it. 

The decision might not've been spot on but was according to the rules, it was always about how the Wolves reacted.

I was disappointed in Ratchford.

Warrington were worn down.

I thought the Sky commentary lacked balance far too often.

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Regarding the decision to penalise Clark, if he just gets to his feet and play the ball rather than try and cut a corner and look for the easy route then the referee doesn't have to make a decision to penalise him.

By the rules it was the correct decision, it was messy, maybe harsh, but Clark made it easy for Moore.

6 minutes ago, meast said:

By the rules it was the correct decision

When you watch the NRL on the same day it's fascinating noting what's let go and what's penalised.

There's a world of difference and one is certainly not better than the other.

There's a huge amount of pushing the envelope that reaps dividends in risk and reward balance in our game this normally means the dominant side gets away with it more often than not and works alongside the "discipline" notion for the less dominant team.

I also thought the constant references to the age of the players at both ends of the spectrum was unnecessary and not in the least helpful.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

9 hours ago, The Future is League said:

I suspect that if results don't improve soon Powell will be shown the door

I hope wire keep the faith. He'll get there.... probably choke in the big one like, but he's a lot better than this season's results might perhaps indicate.

• Like 1

Daryl Powell has a bit to say as usual but after watching the game yesterday, I have to say it's hard to disagree on this occasion :

“There were some big turning points in the game and the referees might need to take a hard look at themselves. There are some games where they are just calling it wrong."

To be fair, he also talks about his side's failings.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/daryl-powell-questions-officials-in-catalans-defeat/

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

39 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

It would in my opinion take a huge upturn in form for him to keep his job beyond this season

Surely Mr Moran would have made money available for Powell to bring in player's but he chose not to even with having 12 months to consider, view and assess the roster at Warrington, all I can think is that he saw the criticism that Price was recieving and thought I will show them I can do much better, Oops Price's  methods seem much better by comparrison.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Daryl Powell has a bit to say as usual but after watching the game yesterday, I have to say it's hard to disagree on this occasion :

“There were some big turning points in the game and the referees might need to take a hard look at themselves. There are some games where they are just calling it wrong."

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/daryl-powell-questions-officials-in-catalans-defeat/

I don't get the idea that referees should be beyond criticism. They're not 'bent', cheats, bias etc. They're human.

Like players, coaches, etc, sometimes they have great games. Sometimes they don't. 

It's a hard job and I admire anyone putting themselves forward to become a referee. It's some commitment for little reward and a boat load of abuse. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I don't get the idea that referees should be beyond criticism. They're not 'bent', cheats, bias etc. They're human.

Like players, coaches, etc, sometimes they have great games. Sometimes they don't. 

It's a hard job and I admire anyone putting themselves forward to become a referee. It's some commitment for little reward and a boat load of abuse. 

Some of which should receive Police action, especially what Chris Kendall suffered from one moron on Twitter after Chris put up photographs of him and his wife's new born the other day.

• Like 4

Just now, Dallas Mead said:

I’m calling it, it’s NOT our year.

I think the bookies may well have stopped taking bets on that, tbh.

40 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Daryl Powell has always moaned about the refs, IMO this victimhood mentality can seep into his sides attitude.

Maybe that’s the reason he’s never won anything on the big stage.

• Like 2

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Daryl Powell has always moaned about the refs, IMO this victimhood mentality can seep into his sides attitude.

Maybe that’s the reason he’s never won anything on the big stage.

I'm not a fan of coaches moaning at the refs, but I'd be surprised if there was a correlation with moaning in interviews and not winning things. Some of the most successful coaches in sport are the biggest whingers. 

22 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Some of which should receive Police action, especially what Chris Kendall suffered from one moron on Twitter after Chris put up photographs of him and his wife's new born the other day.

Disgusting what's wrong with these morons?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Disgusting what's wrong with these morons?

Sounds like it was a lad of 15, sadly it's indicative of how some kids are these days, no respect.

(He said, sounding like a miserable old git on his birthday! ☹️)

• Like 3

Just now, Old Frightful said:

Sounds like it was a lad of 15, sadly it's indicative of how some kids are these days, no respect.

(He said, sounding like a miserable old git on his birthday! ☹️)

It is sadly ( not all though) last Saturday we were in Barrow and there were about 50 youths all of them in black most with their faces covered ( how brave) causing mayhem. Letting what sounded like bombs going off, Police everywhere and couldn't really do much but disperse them. What are we coming to?

• Like 1

I'll just repeat what I've said before - Powell's a good coach (look what he did at Cas with limited resources) but he doesn't fit in with Warrington. Oh, and I hope he gets fined for his remarks about the referee - it's hard to persuade people to take up refereeing when they see what even the top ones have to put up with.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm not a fan of coaches moaning at the refs, but I'd be surprised if there was a correlation with moaning in interviews and not winning things. Some of the most successful coaches in sport are the biggest whingers. 

It’s just a theory 😉 Im not 100% serious.

Bit constantly blaming others or moaning IMO isn’t good management or leadership.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

It’s just a theory 😉 Im not 100% serious.

Bit constantly blaming others or moaning IMO isn’t good management or leadership.

I agree with your point, I just think it's a waste of time and it fuels the fans being negative about the refs and we end up in a spiral.