Sun 15th May : SL : Toulouse Olympique v Wakefield Trinity KO 3:30pm local (2:30pm UK)

Who will win?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toulouse Olympique
    • Wakefield Trinity

23 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

Trust me, Carter isn’t contributing one penny of his own money to the redevelopment

Agreed, but let's not get too giddy just yet. Yorkcourt are still holding onto their contribution. An old saying in the commercial world. A sale is not done till the money is in the bank. 

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

I have no problem with what Carter did, clubs should financially live within their means.  He might have just ran out of time, they were protected 2020 by Toronto bust,  then rigged system vs Leigh and now they have proper competition. 

If they stay up then new developement will let them compete but crucially If they go down they actually will have infrastructure in place to come back stronger and less dependent on tv handouts. Wakey with chance to compete at top end of división, winning games first season in champ is opportunity for a relaunch. 

Its also why I dont consider any coach to be doing a bad job at Wakey.  Every year they are second to third poorest in league, Its economics not coaching That makes the biggest difference. 

Also shows why 10 team SL would be a joke but thats another discussion. 

2020 HKR finished bottom, 2021 Salford 2nd bottom to Leigh.

Up the Trin 

2 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

That’s a massive win for TO. Appreciate Salford have won today but TO are still in striking distance of them and clearly Wakefield and Leeds… interesting times ahead. Allez TO. 

Tremendous win considering they kept Corey Norman up their sleeves although Daniel Alvaro made his debut from the bench. And great they have Mathieu Jussaume back at centre.

Their home form will make or break them and the month of July is absolutely crucial: - Magic v Wakefield and successive home games v Hull KR, Leeds, Salford and Hull.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Szymala said:

Tremendous win considering they kept Corey Norman up their sleeves although Daniel Alvaro made his debut from the bench. And great they have Mathieu Jussaume back at centre.

Their home form will make or break them and the month of July is absolutely crucial: - Magic v Wakefield and successive home games v Hull KR, Leeds, Salford and Hull.

Thank you - some very interesting points. 

When Norman is playing, who makes way? Gigot to centre perhaps? Or Ashall-Bott to the wing with Gigot at full back? Might look something like this:

1. Gigot 2. Ashall-Bott 3. Hankinson 4. Jussaume 5. Macron 6. Norman  7. Albert

They also need to get Garbutt fit - him alongside Alvaro, Sangare, Puech, Springer et al has some depth and strength to it.

15 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

When Norman is playing, who makes way? Gigot to centre perhaps? Or Ashall-Bott to the wing with Gigot at full back? Might look something like this:

They also need to get Garbutt fit - him alongside Alvaro, Sangare, Puech, Springer et al has some depth and strength to it.

Houles is unlikely to drop leading try-scorer Matty Russell (having missed only 1 game all year) and Ashall-Bott's 2 tries today suggest he is finding his best attacking form at full-back.

It will be nice for the coach to have real competition for places at such a crucial stage. And but for that 1-point defeat to Wigan and the Easter Monday lapse after leading 18-4 against Hull KR, they might be in an even better position.

9 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Peyrou, Paolo, norman, schaumkel,armitage,belmas. All are back soon from injuries 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PECETTO said:

Peyrou, Paolo, norman, schaumkel,armitage,belmas. All are back soon from injuries 

Desperately sad to see Lloyd White pull up again, this time in the 1st few minutes. He really does not have any luck with his injury. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him play again this season. 

Norman might make it to the squad for the Huddersfield match but he is no where near match fitness yet, although I would take 20minutes of him on the pitch for none at all. Maybe Mitch will be back, but more likely he will be available for the Saints match early June. 

• Like 1

Will the Dragons come into the picture some time? Saturday at Brutus 17-21 you had De Costa, Seugier, Jullien and Romano. All now with SL experience. As the injury situation improves -McMeeken not far off now. McNamara seems to have good relation ship with Houles and could be a helping hand. Also with fringe players from the Dragons reserve team now finished their season could come into the picture  too - Rouge, Franco etc.

Edited by audois
  • Like 2

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

23 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Could this be the year the Wakey t*rd is finally flushed? 

They're a strange outfit, for a few years now they've been threatening to come good, some of their fans, media and neutrals get a bit giddy off the back of a few good results, like the back end of last year when Poching was lauded as the next best thing, it was the same with Chester, then he became unloved.

At the start of the year, a lot of people were again getting giddy about Wakefield and Poching, and yet again they're back to being pants and not as good as people thought they were.

They have some good players, the often brilliant, but all too often injured Tom John Stones, and Reece Lyne is pretty solid, Jowitt, Crowther and Bachelor usually impress me too, but I think they have far too many like Miller who are just wildly inconsistent, not just week by week but during games.

It must be frustrating for their fans as one minute they look like they're going to be challenging at the top, giddiness sets in then reality bites, it's been the same for a few years now.

Edited by meast

38 minutes ago, meast said:

They're a strange outfit, for a few years now they've been threatening to come good, some of their fans, media and neutrals get a bit giddy off the back of a few good results, like the back end of last year when Poching was lauded as the next best thing, it was the same with Chester, then he became unloved.

At the start of the year, a lot of people were again getting giddy about Wakefield and Poching, and yet again they're back to being pants and not as good as people thought they were.

They have some fine players, the often brilliant, but all too often Tom John Stones, and Reece Lyne is pretty solid, but Jowitt, Crowther and Bachelor always impress me too, but I think they have far too many like Miller who are just wildly inconsistent, not just week by week but during games.

It must be frustrating for their fans as one minute they look like they're going to be challenging at the top, giddiness sets in then reality bits, it's been the same for a few years now.

This is actually a really good post and pretty much sums up where the club is at. 

The fans are incredibly frustrated year on year. We lose a few tight games against the best the league has to offer then we win 3 on the bounce wire x 2 and salford. 

We then proceed to lose 6 and look like an amateur team who just got thrown together. 

It’s absolutely infuriating and with no recent success the fans are getting fed up. 

The only positive is we have some cracking young lads coming through in Murphy, Hall, Eseh, Bowes. 

We had Tanginoa make the dream team in 2020 and get repeated MOTM performances busting down field and looking like the best second row in the comp. We start 2021 with Ashurst returning from a long injury and then move Tanginoa to prop and he now looks like a bang average prop struggling to make inroads down the middle. Mind absolutely boggles.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Could this be the year the Wakey t*rd is finally flushed? 

Really struggling to understand this mentality and the number of likes the post attracted. So much for the rugby league family! I can see the positives for the game if Toulouse stay up but obviously wouldn't wish it at Wakey's expense. I guess if it were between Toulouse and any other team I'd be rooting for Toulouse, so I get that, but to refer to a rugby league club in that language is mind boggling.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

Really struggling to understand this mentality and the number of likes the post attracted. So much for the rugby league family! I can see the positives for the game if Toulouse stay up but obviously wouldn't wish it at Wakey's expense. I guess if it were between Toulouse and any other team I'd be rooting for Toulouse, so I get that, but to refer to a rugby league club in that language is mind boggling.

I see Wakefield as a sort of barometer for Super League. The worse they are doing, the stronger it is. 

That said, Hull KR have fallen off a cliff so I’m not celebrating yet. 

Waiting for my train in Calais so catching up on the forum now:)

The heat will play a big part if Toulouse can win 6 maybe 7 i think they will stay up.

The Broncos winning 10 and going down 3 seasons ago still sticks in my head as totally unlucky, this season though i think 6/7 wins for any of the current bottom placed clubs will do it 

BTW Gigot had a stinker on Sunday and they still managed a win:)

Paul

On 16/05/2022 at 20:27, north yorks trinity said:

Mind boggling is an understatement, had good connections with both Huddesfield and Hull KR fans but there is always someone got it in for us. Kick us while we're down why don't ya. My Dad has read Kear may be coming back to help Poaching is this true? Not sure what to believe he said Fifita is leaving then I read he wants to play alongside is brother Andrew for maybe the last season if he can recover whether its with Trinity or maybe he's thinking of returning home - who knows. Its all speculation but hopefully we can turn it around. Alot of statements I do agree with from other fans, but if Kear did come back I'm sure he can put the magic in and get us out of this depression. Think positive lads, it will start with a win of Friday against that cheating Myler team. You get my drift.

• Like 2

On 18/05/2022 at 17:37, PECETTO said:

Probably back end of june 🙏

Lot of excitement about Belmas in the TO camp, a few more weeks and he should be OK to play. We might have him for 10 matches now and with the 4 home matches in July he should make a huge difference. 

• Like 2