Jump to content

Sun 15th May : SL : Toulouse Olympique v Wakefield Trinity KO 3:30pm local (2:30pm UK)


Who will win?  

49 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Toulouse Olympique
      32
    • Wakefield Trinity
      17


Recommended Posts

I hate to use the term 'must win' this early in the season but this is about as close as it gets without being actually must win. Psychologically it will be a huge blow if they lose to, realistically, their closest rivals for relegation.

They need to make their home games count, especially this one having lost to Wakey once already this season.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Toulouse have been ahead in a few games well into the second half, and their record should be better.  I feel that they will have recharged after a week off and win this.  They're not one of those bottom sides who've been hammered in nearly every game e.g. .........

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Hello said:

Toulouse have been ahead in a few games well into the second half, and their record should be better.  I feel that they will have recharged after a week off and win this.  They're not one of those bottom sides who've been hammered in nearly every game e.g. .........

To be fair, its a similar pattern with most promoted sides and its purely conditioning. Last year Leigh were ahead at HT for 9 of their 21 games winning just 2 and lost 5 games with less than 12. Only London have recently bucked the trend by winning their close games and good on them.

Toulouse are quite capable of scoring points, but will have brain farts when they start to blow and get tired. Thats the difference is SL as you can concede 3 tries in 5 mins. Leigh beat Wakey quite comfortable in the end last year but the season was done and dusted. Toulouse have to start well to have ANY chance and must be in the hunt towards the end of the season when they are fully up to speed and conditioned.

Like last year though, I think the others will be too far in front on the League ladder.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

They could certainly do with getting another win, but it’s round 12 of 27, it’s not last chance saloon just yet. 

No not quite Kev, but the reliance would be on other clubs losing more games than Toulouse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

Guys don’t panic, IMG won’t let Toulouse go down.  There will be a “strategic rejig” at years end.

That would have to include Leigh or Fev or both Dallas, that would never do would it.

The only other thing is either 2 X 10's  - which not many people want - or another licenced period which would have to be sorted by application on a yet to be formulated set of criteria, not enough time between now and the end of the season to do this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

That would have to include Leigh or Fev or both Dallas, that would never do would it.

The only other thing is either 2 X 10's  - which not many people want - or another licenced period which would have to be sorted by application on a yet to be formulated set of criteria, not enough time between now and the end of the season to do this.

It’s RL, there’s always plenty of time for a half baked, rushed re-org 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Hello said:

Toulouse have been ahead in a few games well into the second half, and their record should be better.  I feel that they will have recharged after a week off and win this.  They're not one of those bottom sides who've been hammered in nearly every game e.g. .........

Apart from last season which was designed for Leigh to make up the numbers,  when was the last time a relegated club was hammered in every game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

To be fair, its a similar pattern with most promoted sides and its purely conditioning. Last year Leigh were ahead at HT for 9 of their 21 games winning just 2 and lost 5 games with less than 12. Only London have recently bucked the trend by winning their close games and good on them.

Toulouse are quite capable of scoring points, but will have brain farts when they start to blow and get tired. Thats the difference is SL as you can concede 3 tries in 5 mins. Leigh beat Wakey quite comfortable in the end last year but the season was done and dusted. Toulouse have to start well to have ANY chance and must be in the hunt towards the end of the season when they are fully up to speed and conditioned.

Like last year though, I think the others will be too far in front on the League ladder.

Fair points

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Tom J pulled out with a slight injury. Seems to be one thing after another . If he is off to Catalan they need to have a good stand by back up winger

He reminds me of a lad back in the late 60'sin our U17's we called him Imie (Jewish name) every game rolling in agony he would complain about something different it was either "Imie leg" or "Imie back" or "Imie arm" or Imie any other body part you can think of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toulouse 2 Wakey 0 after 9 mins.

  • Thanks 1

Sky Sports Jenna Brooks to Jake Connor regarding England selection : "Shaun Wane has said that he's spoken to you about why you were left out, he's also said he's told you what you needed to do more of, I'm interested, what do you need to do more of and did you do it tonight?"

Jake Connor : "I don't know, to be honest I haven't spoken to him."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try to Wakey,

2-4.

  • Thanks 1

Sky Sports Jenna Brooks to Jake Connor regarding England selection : "Shaun Wane has said that he's spoken to you about why you were left out, he's also said he's told you what you needed to do more of, I'm interested, what do you need to do more of and did you do it tonight?"

Jake Connor : "I don't know, to be honest I haven't spoken to him."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toulouse score their first try.

6-4.

  • Thanks 1

Sky Sports Jenna Brooks to Jake Connor regarding England selection : "Shaun Wane has said that he's spoken to you about why you were left out, he's also said he's told you what you needed to do more of, I'm interested, what do you need to do more of and did you do it tonight?"

Jake Connor : "I don't know, to be honest I haven't spoken to him."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toulouse 6 Wakey 10.

  • Thanks 1

Sky Sports Jenna Brooks to Jake Connor regarding England selection : "Shaun Wane has said that he's spoken to you about why you were left out, he's also said he's told you what you needed to do more of, I'm interested, what do you need to do more of and did you do it tonight?"

Jake Connor : "I don't know, to be honest I haven't spoken to him."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arf tarm.

Sky Sports Jenna Brooks to Jake Connor regarding England selection : "Shaun Wane has said that he's spoken to you about why you were left out, he's also said he's told you what you needed to do more of, I'm interested, what do you need to do more of and did you do it tonight?"

Jake Connor : "I don't know, to be honest I haven't spoken to him."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toulouse 14 Wakey 10 after 44 mins.

  • Thanks 1

Sky Sports Jenna Brooks to Jake Connor regarding England selection : "Shaun Wane has said that he's spoken to you about why you were left out, he's also said he's told you what you needed to do more of, I'm interested, what do you need to do more of and did you do it tonight?"

Jake Connor : "I don't know, to be honest I haven't spoken to him."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Wakey better be careful not to get dragged any deeper into the relegation battle.

14-14 as you speak.

  • Thanks 1

Sky Sports Jenna Brooks to Jake Connor regarding England selection : "Shaun Wane has said that he's spoken to you about why you were left out, he's also said he's told you what you needed to do more of, I'm interested, what do you need to do more of and did you do it tonight?"

Jake Connor : "I don't know, to be honest I haven't spoken to him."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...