Mon 16th May: Ch: Batley Bulldogs v Leigh Centurions KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Batley Bulldogs
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/05/22 at 19:15

I am really hoping Batley play as they did in getting the draw against Fev in the League at the Mount, Leigh really need to be knocked out of their comfort zone and in the first half last week v Sheffield they most certainly were, another hard game against a team intent on winning will do them no harm whatsoever.

With the correct attitude Leigh by at least 3 scores, without it still a win but uncomfortably so.

Would like to see a variation on the Leigh half back combination, and also start with Edwin Ipape at hooker the more he plays the better he is getting, and I don't yet know if Mark Ioane is fit but would like to see him get a couple of games before the cup final. 

Edited by Harry Stottle

14 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Batley win, absolutely nobody at Leigh interested in another Monday away game - we had sold 80 tickets as of yesterday and not filled a coach

But that ain't on the field Sweaty, the team still has a job to do, going 3 points behind Fev would not be good. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Batley win, absolutely nobody at Leigh interested in another Monday away game - we had sold 80 tickets as of yesterday and not filled a coach

It's a shame as Leigh always bring a great support. 

Batley have reduced admission to £10 also.

It's never easy to predict beforehand, as for me, playing downhill second half is a big advantage. However sometimes we play better uphill. That's the beauty of the ground really. 

7 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I am really hoping Batley play as they did in getting the draw against Fev in the League at the Mount, Leigh really need to be knocked out of their comfort zone and in the first half last week v Sheffield they most certainly were, another hard game against a team intent on winning will do them no harm whatsoever.

With the correct attitude Leigh by at least 3 scores, without it still a win but uncomfortably so.

Would like to see a variation on the Leigh half back combination, and also start with Edwin Ipape at hooker the more he plays the better he is getting, and I don't yet know if Mark Ioane is fit but would like to see him get a couple of games before the cup final. 

Agree with everything you say Harry but I feel percentages and up the guts rugby will still see us home quite comfortably. 

Love the mount, imperative we win the toss and play up brew first half. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Niels said:

It's a shame as Leigh always bring a great support. 

Batley have reduced admission to £10 also.

It's never easy to predict beforehand, as for me, playing downhill second half is a big advantage. However sometimes we play better uphill. That's the beauty of the ground really. 

Its really hitting a lot of clubs in the pocket monday night games.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PEANUT HEAD said:

Its really hitting a lot of clubs in the pocket monday night games.

It definitely needs sorting out for next season, if Premier insist on staying with the same format, make them pay for it not the pittance that the RFL accepted this season, in no way is it recompencing the clubs for what they are losing had they been regular Sunday fixtures.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this under the lights. Batley have it in them to upset some of the "bigger" teams and Leigh will be wary. Ultimately I think they will be too strong for the Dogs, but only by 6 - 10 points I reckon.

Certainly worth £10 to a neutral on a balmy evening. Batley have good grub and a good atmosphere

• Like 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

5 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Thought it had already been decided we are going to two tens.  So SL loses 2 teams and Championship  (I am not calling it SL 2, thats a joke) . 

So where would the promotion be unless 3 go down from SL? 

Ill be honest, I think that is what is required but not confirmed. If it does go to 2X10, then yes, 3 should go down providing the Championship Club can fulfil its duty and step up. How many are due to go down in the championship, 6 ?

My pref would be a 14 team SL which would keep Toulouse in irrespective, ensure Fev and Leigh can maintain and build on what they currently have and consolidate a rebuild a fairer Championship. It is more of a 12,2,12 format at the moment. Make it 2 leagues of 14 and grow L1.

11 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Thought it had already been decided we are going to two tens.  So SL loses 2 teams and Championship  (I am not calling it SL 2, thats a joke) . 

So where would the promotion be unless 3 go down from SL? 

Really, I ain't seen any confirmation of that Salop?

5 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Seems to be the concensus but dont want to hijack thread.  Hope Batley can put in another gd game.

IT's supposedly been pencilled in for 24 not 23 

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

What has? Is there something I am missing.

The two leagues of ten H  posted by SB

17 hours ago, clogdance said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Batley beat us, but I'm going for a Leigh win by 10 (hopefully).

OK Batley drew with Fev and must have put up a really good show, but the game came not long after Fev gave Batley a good pasting in the cup, did Fev not give Batley because of that result the respect they should have done.

I will be very shocked if Batley beat Leigh, there will be something very amiss in Leigh's preparation and attitude should that happen, I am hoping that Batley really stand up and give Leigh a good hard fought  game but still expect a 3 score (18 points) difference in Leigh's favour