Ben Blackmore

Wakefield Ram

As much as LG and the board appear to be stuck in their blind ways IMHO some of you supporters are also. Certain players are undroppable and they are the ones that some of the supporters appear to put upon a pedestal yet in truth they have delivered the club nothing. 

1 hour ago, SUPERSTUD said:

As much as LG and the board appear to be stuck in their blind ways IMHO some of you supporters are also. Certain players are undroppable and they are the ones that some of the supporters appear to put upon a pedestal yet in truth they have delivered the club nothing. 

The problem might be the players on pedestals🤔

2 minutes ago, coolie said:

The problem might be the players on pedestals🤔

Yep C. Favourite’s etc. Suppose it’s fine having favourite’s if they deliver. In this case they haven’t. Genuine question “Do you think at the Rams player salaries comes into the equation when it comes to team selection”? I am trying very hard not to name any player. However some players IMHO have been absolutely rank and yet they remain an instant pick!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Yep C. Favourite’s etc. Suppose it’s fine having favourite’s if they deliver. In this case they haven’t. Genuine question “Do you think at the Rams player salaries comes into the equation when it comes to team selection”? I am trying very hard not to name any player. However some players IMHO have been absolutely rank and yet they remain an instant pick!

I don’t think that any of the players have been rank. The one saving grace for me is that they keep trying to play to the best of their abilities.  The problem is the style of rugby and the lack of ideas. The ban on offloading remains mystifying to me and the the signing of so many players who the coach obviously doesn’t rate or had dodgy injury history hasn’t helped.  Add in a bit of bad luck with injuries to the likes of Turner and there you are.  

• Like 1

Given the squad is so stretched the only players who don't get selected are Sweeting and Smith. 

The issue since LG has come has been the ability to score points. Even now when we get to opponents 20, we lack composure and ideas. 

We struggle to get to 20 points and so we will always struggle to win.

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Given the squad is so stretched the only players who don't get selected are Sweeting and Smith. 

The issue since LG has come has been the ability to score points. Even now when we get to opponents 20, we lack composure and ideas. 

We struggle to get to 20 points and so we will always struggle to win.

I agree squad is/ has been stretched but there have still been some mystifying exclusions.  BSJs favourite unfit prop barely got a look in (Aaron Hall).  Davey Dixon looked good at FB to me but got one game.  Maybe he’s injured too but how would we know?

19 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

How much variation do you believe that there is in the player's contracts?

In addition, I fail to think of any individual player that could be defined as being "absolutely rank" in the same way that I can't name one that has been outstanding.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 12/05/2022 at 12:15, Wakefield Ram said:

Go on, anyone know? Injured, left the club?

I heard that he had a negative HIA and was awaiting clearance.

Having said that we hear very little from the club at all about our current squad and their fitness/presence.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

21 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

You seem to be implying that the owners (board), coach and fans have really no idea, yet you are the font of all knowledge. Are you a coach or player?

Edited by Blind side johnny

21 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

There are no medical examination’s at this level. BB is abroad he saw the light early doors. 

When BB joined us I understand that he had been working abroad. Might this simply be the fulfilment of a contract or do you suggest something more sinister?

6 hours ago, NickD said:

I agree squad is/ has been stretched but there have still been some mystifying exclusions.  BSJs favourite unfit prop barely got a look in (Aaron Hall).  Davey Dixon looked good at FB to me but got one game.  Maybe he’s injured too but how would we know?

At least four at FB Nick.

Do you believe Hall to be fully fit?

On 15/05/2022 at 00:08, SUPERSTUD said:

I’m not party to who earns what but there is certainly a pattern of younger players that pay the price consistently for the teams poor performance. 
it’s almost a weekly occurrence that a younger player is made a scapegoat and is taken out of the team for a spell for making the same errors the more experienced players are making.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outside view said:

I’m not party to who earns what but there is certainly a pattern of younger players that pay the price consistently for the teams poor performance. 
it’s almost a weekly occurrence that a younger player is made a scapegoat and is taken out of the team for a spell for making the same errors the more experienced players are making.

Can't disagree with that, a senior player had a shocker yesterday, but no doubt be first on the team sheet for next week, if its the bar been set that if you have a bad game, and your pulled off or miss the next game.... If that's the rule it should apply across the board, every player is entitled to gave a bad game.. But if them staying in the team stops another player been able to step and have a chance it does seem a little unfair and cannot do team spirit or player confidence any good. 

Every player yesterday gave it a good go, and I'd run with the same team regardless of errors unless we have a player returning from injury and needs game time as we've no reserves🤔

8 hours ago, Outside view said:

I was having the exact same conversation after yesterday’s match. I have been in attendance at every game live this year except Widnes London and Workington away in the cup. Let me tell you some of the regular picks have been woeful but nevertheless have been selected for the following game. Three of them came to you from a champ 1 team in the last few years and never fail to gain selection. Some players especially younger one’s are often dropped and blamed to accommodate them! Two young ones left out yesterday after the London debacle and a young player hooked after approximately twenty odd minutes yesterday and did not get back on. Fact.

18 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Sadly the player that was hooked was responsible for three defensive mistakes which led to tries. He was replaced by another young player. I guess that you weren't watching when Warren Jowett was coach?

Sport is often intrinsically unfair.

• Like 1