Jump to content

Ben Blackmore


Wakefield Ram
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Sadly the player that was hooked was responsible for three defensive mistakes which led to tries. He was replaced by another young player. I guess that you weren't watching when Warren Jowett was coach?

Sport is often intrinsically unfair.

That’s fair enough,I’ve just had a look at the video clips and he’s obviously been targeted. That said Sykes is also at fault for 2 fev tries in the second half getting bumped off then jumping the line.

Featherstone are a very good side at this level and run in tries for fun most weeks,they have a better class of player and they certainly work the Chanels better than most and has an ex player myself it’s incredibly difficult to defend when your constantly facing up to 2/3 runners coming at you.what most don’t see is the work that goes on inside them that leaves the fringes exposed but that’s for the coach to work out 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Outside view said:

That’s fair enough,I’ve just had a look at the video clips and he’s obviously been targeted. That said Sykes is also at fault for 2 fev tries in the second half getting bumped off then jumping the line.

Featherstone are a very good side at this level and run in tries for fun most weeks,they have a better class of player and they certainly work the Chanels better than most and has an ex player myself it’s incredibly difficult to defend when your constantly facing up to 2/3 runners coming at you.what most don’t see is the work that goes on inside them that leaves the fringes exposed but that’s for the coach to work out 👍

BSJ first things first. I am not a board member, player, coach etc etc. Right correct the player in question made some defensive mistakes. My major point is this and this only. Senior more experienced players have made the same mistakes and not been hooked. It appears the group are working to differing standards. This is not good for club or team cohesion. It is quite simply wrong. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Outside view said:

That’s fair enough,I’ve just had a look at the video clips and he’s obviously been targeted. That said Sykes is also at fault for 2 fev tries in the second half getting bumped off then jumping the line.

Featherstone are a very good side at this level and run in tries for fun most weeks,they have a better class of player and they certainly work the Chanels better than most and has an ex player myself it’s incredibly difficult to defend when your constantly facing up to 2/3 runners coming at you.what most don’t see is the work that goes on inside them that leaves the fringes exposed but that’s for the coach to work out 👍

Yes, the last in line often get the blame for conceding tries when the initial weaknesses have been exposed towards the middle. I also agree that Sykes missed 2 or more tackles - no matter how much you want to you cannot turn back the clock.

  • Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Yes, the last in line often get the blame for conceding tries when the initial weaknesses have been exposed towards the middle. I also agree that Sykes missed 2 or more tackles - no matter how much you want to you cannot turn back the clock.

Can’t even contemplate starting without Sykes. We tried earlier and we were pants.  Don’t care if he’s 61 he stays in until we have someone to replace him ….simples. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NickD said:

Can’t even contemplate starting without Sykes. We tried earlier and we were pants.  Don’t care if he’s 61 he stays in until we have someone to replace him ….simples. 

You sound like the coach Nick.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

 no matter how much you want to you cannot turn back the clock.

Strange, I had my tea at 5 o'clock and tried turning the clock back to half past four, and it worked! So I had my tea again...

  • Haha 6

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Strange, I had my tea at 5 o'clock and tried turning the clock back to half past four, and it worked! So I had my tea again...

That explains a lot.

  • Thanks 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Strange, I had my tea at 5 o'clock and tried turning the clock back to half past four, and it worked! So I had my tea again...

Did Mr Parkinson join you? He enjoys a good feed every now an then, he is still a growing lad!

  • Like 1

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blackmore has been named in the squad of 21 for this Sunday, as has Beharrell.

  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/05/2022 at 20:34, Blind side johnny said:

Blackmore has been named in the squad of 21 for this Sunday, as has Beharrell.

Shame he wasn't.. Carr wouldn't have made such a basic mistake 🤔

I'm sure he can right the wrong in the Whitehaven & London games

Scores the winning try in those games🤔

Barrow brain fart will be lost & forgotten I'm sure🤔🤞🤞🤞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

It has been confirmed by the club (on Instagram) that Ben Blackmore will play for Bradford Bulls in season 2023. 
 

Good for him, but will he be good for Bradford?

Obviously Bradford have seen something that we certainly haven’t. I’ve seen some poor signings in my time watching the Rams but he’s right up there with the worst. Maybe we should have listened to the Fev fan’s before signing him.

Edited by graham fisher
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Obviously Bradford have seen something that we certainly haven’t. I’ve seen some poor signings in my time watching the Rams but he’s right up there with the worst. Maybe we should have listened to the Fev fan’s before signing him.

Maybe we have simply managed to get him off the wage bill. I think he was contracted to 2023.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Maybe we have simply managed to get him off the wage bill. I think he was contracted to 2023.

With a relegation break clause ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Griff said:

With a relegation break clause ?

And promotion.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Maybe we have simply managed to get him off the wage bill. I think he was contracted to 2023.

IF he is on contract to the end of 2023 (with a relegation get out clause), how come Bradford have signed him when we haven’t suffered the ignominy of relegation - yet?

Legs, Dews, Legs.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

IF he is on contract to the end of 2023 (with a relegation get out clause), 

Dewsbury Rams are pleased to announce the signing of 29-year-old former Featherstone and Sheffield winger Ben Blackmore.

Blackmore who most recently played for Featherstone Rovers has joined the Rams until the end of the 2022 season.

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, POR said:

Dewsbury Rams are pleased to announce the signing of 29-year-old former Featherstone and Sheffield winger Ben Blackmore.

Blackmore who most recently played for Featherstone Rovers has joined the Rams until the end of the 2022 season.

Imagine Johnny Campbell will be rubbing his hands with glee. Somewhat odd signing for Bulls to be announcing as if it's a coup. But good luck to Ben Blackmore, maybe the change of club will make a difference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, graham fisher said:

. Maybe we should have listened to the Fev fan’s before signing him.

Really G he was a fans favourite everyone loved the blonde adonis🥰

55 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Imagine Johnny Campbell will be rubbing his hands with glee. 

I saw he got skinned at the bash Wr but when the blonde adonis payed for FEV he always's had  cambell in his pocket 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...