Boxer

town4me

I once asked a bloke who was the best between Murphy and sol, the bloke said boxer!! I told him that story and he loved it. RIP boxer you were a great player and a great craik.

• Like 2

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Was lucky that when I lived locally, or within travelling distance between 1975 and 1979.

Town were going through one of their good spells with all the Lancashire cup finals and the 77 win. We had a great local team, with many stars the best being boxer and Patty. I was then in my mid to late 20,s so boxer would be of a similar age. Far to young to go, and all my condolences to his family and friends.

Feel luck to have seen him at his peak. A real town legend.

• Like 2

He's one of the reasons I love this great game and Town, I was only a boy but remember all his cheeky tricks , tackling players twice his size his legendary drop goals and that smile , thanks marra you will never be forgotten , sleep tight legend 🔵⚪

Edited by Hate the rec
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

He's one of the reasons I love this great game and Town, I was only a boy but remember all his chicky tricks , tackling players twice his size his legendary drop goals and that smile , thanks marra you will never be forgotten , sleep tight legend 🔵⚪

Always a thorn in Featherstone's side,RIP.

Sad to hear about the passing of Boxer , an absolute genius with the ball in hand , a true one off . I remember one game against Wakefield , we had a tap on our 25 yard line , He tapped it chipped over their defence , one bounce caught it , chipped over the advancing full back , one bounce , caught it again , then romped off under the sticks .RIP Arnold "Boxer" Walker .

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...