Oldham Womens Team

Bedford Roughyed

9 minutes ago, roughyed1064 said:

bloody hell should this club pay more attention to the mens team before setting up another team, sport today seems to be more and more about the womens teams.

well said 1064 but i thought we had already got a womans team ?

1 hour ago, roughyed1064 said:

bloody hell should this club pay more attention to the mens team before setting up another team, sport today seems to be more and more about the womens teams.

I can't see how a women's team is anything other than beneficial. It won't distract from the men's game and certainly won't divert funds.  According to rugby_league.com there are funding opportunities to grow the game both in community and with the women's game. It will also allow full use of the hollinwood site. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

I can't see how a women's team is anything other than beneficial. It won't distract from the men's game and certainly won't divert funds.  According to rugby_league.com there are funding opportunities to grow the game both in community and with the women's game. It will also allow full use of the hollinwood site. 

The money available for a pro team to be able, say for example, renovate a newly acquired training ground = zero.

The money available for women's and community to do the same?  A lot more.

It's a win win!

• Like 3

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

6 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Hopefully tangle will coach the ladies he must know everything about rugby 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Curlywurly2 said:

Asked Tony Barrow, over 30 years ago, for help in setting up a Women's RL team. He immediately said no ☹️

Sadly for a while RL was one of the leading sports for women, then it was ignored for a few decades, watched other sports take massive leads, but is now slowly clawing its way back.  

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

12 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Agreed. Surely anything that raises the profile of rugby league in the town can only be a good thing.

• Like 2