New England training range

26 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Branding is not 'just' about a logo. My issue is about two things Branding and the amount/quality of stuff being peddled.

England Football may well have a huge range and about of styles but I bet they've either got the official England Badge on them or 3 Lions on them as that is well known.

I do think part of the issue that we have with the England RL logo is that it doesn't lend itself too well to leisure wear. The main logo is cheap and too sporty for me personally, so I am a fan of the stripped back version. 

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I do think part of the issue that we have with the England RL logo is that it doesn't lend itself too well to leisure wear. The main logo is cheap and too sporty for me personally, so I am a fan of the stripped back version. 

I do agree about the england badge, even the lion on this range that they are using is badly drawn and looks cheap. But even so maybe if they had put the full lion on this range rather than just the head (as the GB logo is just the head) it would have made a bit more sense.

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

Do the RFL have any control over this or is it simply - yeah go nuts? It seems a very different approach to the England relationship with Hummel which I believe was the original deal for the WC. Maybe it's a stop gap

The RFL absolutely have complete ownership over this, and the usage of all England assets. For Oxen to use that Lion logo they would have had to go to the RFL for sign off.

Regarding Hummel, as a pukka sports brand I'd imagine they have a greater grasp of branding and respecting it.

My comment earlier about standards is as much directed at the RFL as Oxen. 

Breaking up the England RL logo to use a sole lion in this instance is absolutely ridiculous, and needless. It has no real value. The appeal should be in the proper branding.

If they want variety, they should employ some creativity. Not just look for shortcuts. Another comment that could be thrown at certain decision makers within the RFL.

• Like 2

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I actually like this England lion badge. It gets away from the overcomplicated shield design and would give us something simple and recognisable to build on. The England RU rose is hardly a world beating design but they've stuck with a simple recognisable badge and it's paid off.

Whether by accident or design I also think it's quite clever how the outline of the lion is an approximation of the shape of England.

2 minutes ago, Lapsed Leeds Fan said:

I also think it's quite clever how the outline of the lion is an approximation of the shape of England.

Specsavers "should've gone to Specsavers" by Specsavers Creative

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Awful, just awful. Staying away from the obvious comments about what overproduced poor quality tat this will most likely be, why have these geniuses decided to throw a random new logo out there?? 

England RL doesn't have huge brand identity as it is, but we've (quite remarkably) stuck with the current logo for the past 4 years or so - this new lion head is as confusing as it is unwarranted. Whoever messes about with MS Paint in Oxen's offices really needs to stop.