Knights v Panthers and Knights Ladies v Saints Ladies

White Knight

Big double header weekend and two cracking matches to look forward to.

First up, Knights Ladies take on Saints in WSL.

Then the third placed Knights men take on fourth placed Panthers. 

Let’s get to the LNER in numbers to cheer both Knights teams on.

• Like 1

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

6 hours ago, White Knight said:

Is the Ladies game first up thought they kicked off at 5.30

Edited by spanishknight

1 minute ago, georgeb1 said:

knights website says 12 , the beeb say 5 .30, who knows ?

Ladies kick off at 12 according to all the match promo stuff.

• Like 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Mr Grix has them playing well after a sticky start , threats all over the park but I think we will sneak it.

I like the way Fordy is managing the 3 halfs , Bren got a breather 2 weeks ago ,  Liam on sunday and it keeps Jamie sharp.

Edited by Stirlin
  • Like 1

On 16/05/2022 at 09:02, White Knight said:

Looking for seven on the bounce. A win on Sunday and there’ll be a bit of a gap opening immediately below us. Dry and warm weather forecast, ideal conditions. Let’s do it boys. Let’s keep this super run going.

• Like 2

It should be a cracking game. Our coach seems to have ditched our half hearted 'arrangement' with shuddersfield and with that we look a far better side. Against Sheffield we looked really good going forward with our half backs gelling at last. Having watched York a couple of times this season we will know it's going to be a real tough game and anyone's guess as to the outcome, can't wait. Up The Fax❗ 🏉 🍺 😀

• Like 4

Great result for our ladies in a very hard fought game against a well drilled St. Helens team. I live just outside St. Helens and the people in the pub couldn’t believe how good the ladies were. Come on the knights make it a double 👏🏻👍🏻

• Like 2

Knights were in control of the game and a shocking pass from Harris and a restart going out on the full changed the game and Halifax never looked like losing the game from that point,the small squad we have certainly caught up with us today hopefully a free weekend will give a a few players to recharge the batteries for Sheffield

• Like 2

2 good teams today. Thought fax were good value for the win. Thought they were better than us even at 18-6. Thought ref had a good game too

• Like 4

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Best side won today, Fax more than deserved the win.
They looked dangerous every time they attacked. Keyes cut us open time and again. We just looked out of sort defensively but they ran some great lines and had real shape about them in attack. Not our best day but 9 wins out of 12, I’d have taken that at the start of the season. 
Upwards and onwards. 

Edited by Andy Knight
  • Like 9

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

47 minutes ago, Andy Knight said:

Best side won today, Fax more than deserved the win.
They looked dangerous every time they attacked. Keyes cut us open time and again. We just looked out of sort defensively but they ran some great lines and had real shape about them in attack. Not our best day but 9 wins out of 12, I’d have taken that at the start of the season. 
Upwards and onwards. 

Thought the new lad Bailey Antrobus made a good debut and shows promise.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Yorkie-Girl said:

Thought the new lad Bailey Antrobus made a good debut and shows promise.

Agree. We didn’t play bad just the fact Fax did everything better than us on the day. He played well and looks a handy signing.  

Edited by Andy Knight
  • Like 3

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

I don’t think Matongo and Dixon were fully fit. And I don’t understand why you have a substitute hooker who gets to play less than 10 minutes in a game, especially one you are chasing? Agree that Antrobus did really well. I’d like to see him in the forwards which I suspect is his natural position. Let’s hope Edwards and O’Hagen get back soon as we were missing some flair and pace today. Still, you can’t win them all and ‘Fax showed why they are amongst the best in this Division once they got going. 

• Like 8

dito the above 100% (saved me some typing), only thing id add is i thought Ellis looked way off whats needed for this level

as for the womens game, thats was a superb effort, really entertaining and hard fought. 2 cracking teams. TJS had a brilliant game. heres hoping the saints lass who was stretchered away after the match is back fit soon, looked a nasty one.

and one major gripe...surely in all that fancy dan new stadium they can find somewhere to use as womens changing rooms!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...