More splits within the USA

https://usarl.org/news/2022/usarl-hawks-form-womens-operations-and-administration-committee/

The USARL has pulled rank after sanctioning the Redtails game against Canada Ravens only a few weeks ago. 

Apparently now the Women's team will also be called the Hawks. 

It seems the Redtails will continue though...

new rise.jpg

2 hours ago, Pulga said:

https://usarl.org/news/2022/usarl-hawks-form-womens-operations-and-administration-committee/

The USARL has pulled rank after sanctioning the Redtails game against Canada Ravens only a few weeks ago. 

Apparently now the Women's team will also be called the Hawks. 

It seems the Redtails will continue though...

This seems less of a further split and more of a gluing things back together?

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

40 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

This seems less of a further split and more of a gluing things back together?

I see where you're coming from but the USARL wasn't doing a women's programme, someone else stepped up and did it, the USARL (seemed to) sanction it and is now possibly doing their own.

It's very strange. 

new rise.jpg

1 minute ago, Pulga said:

I see where you're coming from but the USARL wasn't doing a women's programme, someone else stepped up and did it, the USARL (seemed to) sanction it and is now possibly doing their own.

It's very strange. 

I suspect it's been made clear - or as clear as things ever are in rugby league - that USA Women can't enter World Cup qualifiers unless they're under the direct control of the sanctioning body recognised by IRL.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

57 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I suspect it's been made clear - or as clear as things ever are in rugby league - that USA Women can't enter World Cup qualifiers unless they're under the direct control of the sanctioning body recognised by IRL.

What if they are a minor shareholer in GB Oceana Limited? Is that a workaround?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Americans seem to have got the hang of classic RL administration quicker than they have on the playing side.

• Haha 2

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

22 minutes ago, tim2 said:

The Americans seem to have got the hang of classic RL administration quicker than they have on the playing side.

Assume that the Redtails is another organisation, how many is that they've had who don't/didn't talk to each other?

AMNRL, USARL, NARL, California RL, Redtails ... all inside 20 years?

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Assume that the Redtails is another organisation, how many is that they've had who don't/didn't talk to each other?

AMNRL, USARL, NARL, California RL, Redtails ... all inside 20 years?

NARL was never a legit entity. Basically a couple of nutters with a twitter page and a few "team" logos to go with it. 

4 minutes ago, langpark said:

NARL was never a legit entity. Basically a couple of nutters with a twitter page and a few "team" logos to go with it. 

I'm including it because it did get to the point of having players 'signed' up to it but I do completely take your point.

• Like 1

If only splitting and infighting was an Olympic sport. Hopefully they sort it out. And talk to each other. I don't think male and female national team mascots need to be the same. Kangaroos/Jillaroos.

DIEHARD / TITAN / MAROON / KANGAROO

On 21/05/2022 at 06:58, DlEHARD said:

If only splitting and infighting was an Olympic sport. Hopefully they sort it out. And talk to each other. I don't think male and female national team mascots need to be the same. Kangaroos/Jillaroos.

No, but it would be nice if the Jillaroos wore the recognised Australian rugby league colours rather than rahrah ones.

• Like 2

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959