Hows ticket sales going for CCF

31 minutes ago, Eddie said:

This gives a decent idea of it. Worryingly it looks like in the top tier cheap seats they’re only selling every other row. 

Yes, was going to say that. Hopefully the alternate rows are on sale via another channel. 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yes, was going to say that. Hopefully the alternate rows are on sale via another channel. 

The same is apparent in the bottom tier. I can’t say it’s a tactic for selling I’ve seen before. 

5 minutes ago, Jughead said:

The same is apparent in the bottom tier. I can’t say it’s a tactic for selling I’ve seen before. 

It's common in RL, and it's never really been a good sign. 

The positive from it is it looks like they are selling to the back row, which hopefully means all sections are open, but who knows. 

I suppose they could also now be on the 2nd phase and are backfilling the rows they kept empty early on. But this is always a feature of Wembley tickets for exame, and sometimes Old Trafford 

Edited by Dave T

2 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Perhaps it may be like Anfield with the row spacing being so narrow, is it being sold this way so fans can dangle their legs over the seats in front?

Joking apart though I remember when Wembley had a 100,000 capacity but restricted it 95,000 for the RL final because they surmised that Rugby fans were bigger than football fans.

• Haha 1

My guess is that we are looking at a 40,000 crowd tops. The pandemic and RFL strategy around creating an event for the Challenge Cup final has seen general sales fall off a cliff.

Saying that, Alex Simmonds is in charge of the pre match entertainment so those thinking the RFL are doing everything on the cheap are way off the mark!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scubby said:

My guess is that we are looking at a 40,000 crowd tops. The pandemic and RFL strategy around creating an event for the Challenge Cup final has seen general sales fall off a cliff.

Saying that, Alex Simmonds is in charge of the pre match entertainment so those thinking the RFL are doing everything on the cheap are way off the mark!

What strategy is this - generate as little publicity and interest as possible? 

• Like 2

If we are being generous and say 25-28k fans will come from the 4 finalists (e.g. Leigh and Fev 4-5k, Giants 6k, Wigan 10k) where are the other 35-38k going to come from? 

I am saying 40,000 tops as a figure on the day. There is no plan. 

Then back to Wembley in 2023 is even scarier. 

10 minutes ago, Scubby said:

That would be a really disappointing crowd, there's no hiding it. 

I think it not being at Wembley will make a difference from both a practical perspective and the CCF's traditional branding. But 40k at Spurs points to it being on the low end even if it had been Wembley. 

But let's wait and see, maybe the population of Huddersfield will take over London for the weekend now they're in the playoff final! 

5 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

That would be a really disappointing crowd, there's no hiding it. 

I think it not being at Wembley will make a difference from both a practical perspective and the CCF's traditional branding. But 40k at Spurs points to it being on the low end even if it had been Wembley. 

But let's wait and see, maybe the population of Huddersfield will take over London for the weekend now they're in the playoff final! 

@Dave T touched on it a little earlier, I can't recall when selling alternate rows has ever been a good sign for RFL attendances. Last year's GF were selling alternate rows. I literally rocked up at the last minute and bought an alternate row seat in the corner at Old Trafford and there were 50 people (no lie) in the whole section of about 2000.

Edited by Scubby

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

If we are being generous and say 25-28k fans will come from the 4 finalists (e.g. Leigh and Fev 4-5k, Giants 6k, Wigan 10k) where are the other 35-38k going to come from? 

I am saying 40,000 tops as a figure on the day. There is no plan. 

Then back to Wembley in 2023 is even scarier. 

Moving back to Wembley will boost the crowd, both due to its inate attraction and the fact that past CCF attenders are familiar with getting there. Spurs may be a great stadium - and it is - but most potential ticket buyers haven't been there before and dont underestimate how this will put many off. Especially if they look into it and realise it IS a pain to get to (compared to other venues). 

All that still doesn't rule out that 2023 could still see a declining Wembley crowd due to underlying factors. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

Spurs may be a great stadium - and it is - but most potential ticket buyers haven't been there before and dont underestimate how this will put many off. Especially if they look into it and realise it IS a pain to get to (compared to other venues)

Hahahahaha and right on cue....we're back to blaming the stadium choice. You couldn't make it up 🙈