Hows ticket sales going for CCF

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

True i wouldn't be going if Fev hadn't got there,I didn't miss for years starting way back in 1973. Got sick of seeing Wigan so stopped for a few years then just lost interest, really wanted Saints and Hkr but it is what it is.

I hope you have a great day and Rovers do you proud mate. People think I am slagging off fans sometimes but I am just being blunt. Occasions like the GF and Challenge Cup finals are made by the thousands of event goers who mix with the finalists fans to make it a special occasion. The RFL seem to have completely bailed on the idea of trying to create any kind of event for neutrals and just hope enough fans from the 4 clubs will buy tickets to save their backsides.

Luckily, they will get circa 10k from the great folk of Leigh and Fev. That should be the icing on the cake for a sold out Spurs not a fingers crossed exercise hoping well supported clubs make it through. 

My first final was 1983 as a little whipper snapper and I was overwhelmed by all the fans from other clubs packing the stands. It made it extra special.

Edited by Scubby
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I hope you have a great day and Rovers do you proud mate. People think I am slagging off fans sometimes but I am just being blunt. Occasions like the GF and Challenge Cup finals are made by the thousands of event goers who mix with the finalists fans to make it a special occasion. The RFL seem to have completely bailed on the idea of trying to create any kind of event for neutrals and just hope enough fans from the 4 clubs will buy tickets to save their backsides.

Luckily, they will get circa 10k from the great folk of Leigh and Fev. That should be the icing on the cake for a sold out Spurs not a fingers crossed exercise hoping well supported clubs make it through. 

My first final was 1983 as a little whipper snapper and I was overwhelmed by all the fans from other clubs packing the stands. It made it extra special.

I loved mixing with other fans especially for the weekend and still enjoy it when i  get there.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I loved mixing with other fans especially for the weekend and still enjoy it when i  get there.

That’s one of the best parts of the day, it’s a shame the neutral following has decreased, I used to love seeing how many different club jerseys I could see on the day when I was a kid. 

• Like 1

Going as a neutral from worky but will probably sway towards Huddersfield , one of our supporters clubs has a coach going not sure how many onboard .
For those who are maybe travelling by tube and using seven sisters there’s an overnight strike on the Victoria line from 7oclock .

• Like 2

I’m going, with 12 others, always get there as a neural whenever I can - what’s not to like about 2 good teams in a great stadium? And now there’s 4. Will have an enjoyable day, food, drink and cheering on 2 Yorkshire sides with family and friends… in fact definitely much more enjoyable than the last time my own side was there 😳😂😂

• Like 7

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 hours ago, Jughead said:

The Corner Pin, a Beavertown Brewery pub will also be open. 

That’s my plan for a swift one before the turnstiles open at half 11. Teams will have finished their warm up by the time we’ve got to our seats!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Scubby said:

my first was the '98 Eagles win and the atmosphere was made all the better for the "neutrals" who started to really get into the fact it wasnt the foregone conclusion everyone had thought but more the game they had hoped it could be.. if it had been wholly partisan I dont think the atmosphere would have been as good at all. 

Ever since I've looked to go whenever I can whether Warrington or Eagles were in or not, 2019 was just an added bonus!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Damien said:

The RFL probably do not care to ask that. They probably just ask if he is cheap.

That sounds very much like my nightclub tactics at about 1.30am in my student days.... wasnt the most successful for the long term but made for some interesting evenings... typical RFL, nick someone else's ideas!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

He’s a personable enthusiastic bloke and loves rugby league, his ‘act’ isn’t to everyone’s taste (including mine) but he does get a bit of a hard time on this forum imho. 

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

He’s a personable enthusiastic bloke and loves rugby league, his ‘act’ isn’t to everyone’s taste (including mine) but he does get a bit of a hard time on this forum imho. 

The fan zones that his group have been entertaining at have been horrendous. Genuinely terrible, unprofessional, shout and reinforces stereotypes of thick Northerners. 

The video above us a great example of how out of touch the RFL is. It tells us all about why it's good for him, and not why we should be excited about that. His interview would work if he was a household name we are trading on. But to tha majority, he is a random DJ getting the gig because he's a Spurs fan. 

Nothing personal to the guy, but this should really be a big gig, with a name that does it justice. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That sounds like me and my ventriloquist act "Little Ralph" but I never get gigs like this!

He is small time and the RFL is small time

Chorley FM for the GF anyone?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The fan zones that his group have been entertaining at have been horrendous. Genuinely terrible, unprofessional, shout and reinforces stereotypes of thick Northerners. 

The video above us a great example of how out of touch the RFL is. It tells us all about why it's good for him, and not why we should be excited about that. His interview would work if he was a household name we are trading on. But to tha majority, he is a random DJ getting the gig because he's a Spurs fan. 

Nothing personal to the guy, but this should really be a big gig, with a name that does it justice. 

This is exactly what I took away from it!

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

That sounds like me and my ventriloquist act "Little Ralph" but I never get gigs like this!

He is small time and the RFL is small time

Chorley FM for the GF anyone?

I’d pay to see Scubby and Little Ralph in the fan zone, there’d be mile long queues to get in. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I get all of that, I’m just saying it’s not his fault, he does what he does and if the RFL are foolish enough to persist with it then they’re the issue. They may have tried to get someone better in, I doubt it but they might have! 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

I get all of that, I’m just saying it’s not his fault, he does what he does and if the RFL are foolish enough to persist with it then they’re the issue. They may have tried to get someone better in, I doubt it but they might have! 

Martin Offiah is a professional DJ who does gigs all over the country if they wanted to do that sort of thing. At least that would make sense from a RL event point of view. He even lives in London.

6 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Martin Offiah is a professional DJ who does gigs all over the country if they wanted to do that sort of thing. At least that would make sense from a RL event point of view. He even lives in London.

They might have asked him. I expect the pittance that the RFL are willing/able to pay would put many decent acts off. 

• Like 2

If I never see or hear Alex Simmons and 'Wagga' in relation to RL again....I still don't think it'll heal the psychological damager already caused. Cringey and unprofessional at best, but more accurately I'd say they have detrimental affect on how the game is perceived by existing and new fans. 

• Like 6