Hows ticket sales going for CCF

4 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I’d rather have Ray Von to be honest

If the RFL organised Brian Potter’s family fun day I bet they’d forget to inflate Sammy the Snake 

Nah they'd order it but end up with a 20ft #### and balls instead 

28 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I’d rather have Ray Von to be honest

If the RFL organised Brian Potter’s family fun day I bet they’d forget to inflate Sammy the Snake 

Some fool trusted them with the face painting.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

18 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Latest i've heard is Wigan 8,250

Huddersfield 4,300

Leigh and Fev 3,600 between them.

Gonna need a few locals and neutrals to stop the seat counters whining.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I’m amazed at those numbers tbh. Surely Wigan will sell more than that, I know Huddersfield’s game clashes with the next day’s football so that may lower their sales but I’d have thought Leigh and Fev would be doing at least 3,000 each too. 

22 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Huddersfield 4,300

How many have been sold away from the clubs?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

10 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

It´s a pretty easy sell, find a fresh popular act who hasn´t played a big stadium. Hey, you want to play in front of 65,000 plus people and an audience of 1 million at home? 

I don’t even think you need a huge name, look at The Reytons on Good Friday at Hull KR. That come across really well on TV and I’m sure would have been good live. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I’ll be disappointed if we can’t get 60k+ there. 

You better prepare for disappointment. I am predicting 45k max and I am normally an optimist.

The signs aren't good. No comms about sales surging, sections sold out, don't miss out etc. Alternate rows for sale a week before the final is a bad bad sign.

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

You better prepare for disappointment. I am predicting 45k max and I am normally an optimist.

The signs aren't good. No comms about sales surging, sections sold out, don't miss out etc. Alternate rows for sale a week before the final is a bad bad sign.

First final with no restrictions since 2019, a couple of close games in store and a new stadium that’s won all sorts of awards. I appreciate the cost of living issues we’re all facing but to go from consistently in the 70,000 range to less than 60,000 would be a huge disappointment. 

26 minutes ago, Jughead said:

First final with no restrictions since 2019, a couple of close games in store and a new stadium that’s won all sorts of awards. I appreciate the cost of living issues we’re all facing but to go from consistently in the 70,000 range to less than 60,000 would be a huge disappointment. 

We didn't though did we? We went from 50k in 2018, to 62k 2019, to zero in 2020, to about 30-35k last year (restricted). The habit is worryingly broken and the marketing effort and push to pull that back this year has been absolute dog ####

Edited by Scubby

Just now, Scubby said:

We didn't though did we? We went from 50k in 2018, to 62k 2019, to zero in 2020, to about 30-35k last year. The habit is worryingly broken and the marketing effort and push to pull that back this year has been absolute dog ####

Yes, we did. We consistently hit 70k prior to 2017 and even since then, we’ve had a sub 60k attendance once, the Catalans v Warrington final. Last year’s was affected by a capped attendance and probable fear of large gatherings, for some. To be unable to hit 60k next week would be terrible, whether the game has been marketed or not. 

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Huddersfield 4,300

I'd be absolutely amazed if that's all Fev and Leigh have sold. Fev took 3000ish last year with all the nonsense over the sniffles going off. With our vastly increased home attendances this year I'd say we'll be looking at 5000 minimum.

Looking at the seat plan on the RL Tickets website, there doesn't look to be massive amounts of availability.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Yes, we did. We consistently hit 70k prior to 2017 and even since then, we’ve had a sub 60k attendance once, the Catalans v Warrington final. Last year’s was affected by a capped attendance and probable fear of large gatherings, for some. To be unable to hit 60k next week would be terrible, whether the game has been marketed or not. 

We can talk about the past all we want it makes no difference to this game. Transport is expense at the moment, no one is pushing this as a must see. There aren't going to be suddenly 10-15k fans who are going to impulsively rock up and travel 200+ miles last minute. You normally sell every other row to try and cover your ass when it's going terribly.

I bought an every other row seat last minute for the GF last year. There were 50 people max in a section that held 2000+

Edited by Scubby

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

I don’t even think you need a huge name, look at The Reytons on Good Friday at Hull KR. That come across really well on TV and I’m sure would have been good live. 

Yep, it's how you package and present it that is more important. I often mention on these discussions that I'm a fan of Blossoms and was looking forward to seeing them at the Grand Final a few years back. I couldn't really see them as they were tucked in the corner and couldn't hear them as the sound was terrible. They came on, made some noise and left a few minutes later with little fanfare. 

We can hire a big name or an unknown, but it has to be staged well. 

10 minutes ago, Scubby said:

We can talk about the past all we want it makes no difference to this game. Transport is expense at the moment, no one is pushing this as a must see. There aren't going to be suddenly 10-15k fans who are going to impulsively rock up and travel 200+ miles last minute. You normally sell every other row to try and cover your ass when it's going terribly.

I bought an every other row seat last minute for the GF last year. There were 50 people max in a section that held 2000+

Travel has always been expensive, relative to that particular period of time. There’s also always been moans about it being on a Bank Holiday weekend but people have always managed it.

To seemingly lose a significant portion of the “every year, regardless of who is playing” is not good and we should have been looking at 60k regardless of the usual no marketing given its the first since 2019 without restrictions, the quality of finals in recent years, the new stadium, change to May etc. I still hold out hope we hit that number. 

Just now, Jughead said:

Travel has always been expensive, relative to that particular period of time. There’s also always been moans about it being on a Bank Holiday weekend but people have always managed it.

To seemingly lose a significant portion of the “every year, regardless of who is playing” is not good and we should have been looking at 60k regardless of the usual no marketing given its the first since 2019 without restrictions, the quality of finals in recent years, the new stadium, change to May etc. I still hold out hope we hit that number. 

In all my time watching RL, the Cup final has rarely, if ever, seen a late surge in ticket sales. Being in London negates that possibility as those that go, plan. 

3 minutes ago, Scubby said:

In all my time watching RL, the Cup final has rarely, if ever, seen a late surge in ticket sales. Being in London negates that possibility as those that go, plan. 

Can I ask how you know the sales pattern? 

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

Huddersfield 4,300

Wigan announced they have sold over 8k six days ago, I'd hope they'd sold more than a couple of hundred in the last week. 

Just now, Dave T said:

Can I ask how you know the sales pattern? 

The RFL used to be a lots more transparent with tickets sold and expectation. I worked in Journalism in the 1990s so got a bit of access to it, remember only 5-6k being sold for the last week of the 1997 Ashes SL test (which got 41k) and less than that for the Sheffield Eagles-Wigan final (60k) etc. 

Particularly for the Cup Finals, supporters of the finalists tend to plan and buy early. I remember in 2002 at Murrayfield, Wigan stalled a in sales and 6k went unsold in the last week. That is one clear example - if there was a surge then they would have just gone on general sale? So it is only a snippet of insight and a lot of experience and paying close attention.

• Like 1