Hows ticket sales going for CCF

8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

That's not a very fair assessment tbh. Yes Huddersfield are the only Super League club in Kirklees, but for starters they aren't even the only pro Rugby League club in the area. Plenty also follow "out of area" clubs like Leeds, Bradford and Wakefield so it isn't as clear cut. As for the game being strong there, it is in Kirklees, but the Huddersfield part of Kirklees is one of the weaker aspects of that.

I hope this game can galvanise the Giants fanbase. What is clear is that they are a relatively small to middling but very committed bunch, and a cup win might be just what they need to set them up for a bit more growth in the Watson era. Town being there might allow a few more casuals to be picked up too.

Thanks for that, glad someone else seems to understand our situation.

Kirklees isn't a place it's an administrive area that covers Huddersfield but also towns such as Batley, Dewsbury, Cleckheaton, Heckmondwike, Birstall, Mirfield - how many rugby fans let alone general public do you think follow Huddersfield Giants from that lot?

Factor in Bradford Bulls, Leeds Rhinos, Wakefield Trinity, Batley Bulldogs, Dewsbury Rams, Hunslet within a 15 mile radius and you will probably get an idea of how little support we get outside of Huddersfield, yes the 'Kirklees' area may be a rugby league area but certainly not to the Giants benefit.

We are a loyal, noisy, friendly bunch - We don't throw beer, flares or sing songs with swearing in them but we are small in numbers and a cup win may, just sway more of the residents of 'kirklees' to come along and support their Super League team as they did with the big city boys up and down the road!!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MattSantos said:

This is my pub sorted.

I will not be supping under a 2 Neck Oil limitation. I will be free. I will be alone. For a bit.  

I like Neck Oil.

I've got a plan to get some prosecco into her early doors, she soon forgets about rules after about 3/4 of a bottle.

I really like Neck Oil, I'm quite partial to Gamma Ray too, but it's a bit strong for an all-dayer.  Looking forward to trying the blood orange one, never seen that one for sale oop t'north.

14 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

I was bought a take away 10 pint cask of neck oil last year. Bloomin lovely it is. It was on as a guest ale in one of our locals recently, so I was drinking that. Me wallet needed a defibrillator when I got a round in and realised it was 6 quid a pint  :kolobok_shok:

They have it on at a boozer in Ponte, beautiful drink but a session requires you to take out a 2nd mortgage.

Only place I can find it for off sale locally is M&S at £9 for 4 coke size cans. Worth it though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

I know a lot of Leigh fans who arent going due to cost and time of match - ie ticket plus transport plus a few beers and food will be £130 min, those looking to drive have been put off by parking and other costs, hotels are ridiculous all over London and the elephant in the room is the 12am KO which takes the craic away for many. We will have the annual CCF weekend crowd plus about 1500-2000.

My 2 suggestions are move it to Cardiff for the next 3 years as London is silly money, and if we are keeping the Championship cup then lets kick off at 1pm and 3.30pm

Cracking idea that one tbf

(On the kick off times, the 12pm is far superior to the 5pm that Sheffield-Widnes had as then you've got little option but to stay over, whereas the timings this Saturday make the day trip a doddle)

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

That's not a very fair assessment tbh. Yes Huddersfield are the only Super League club in Kirklees, but for starters they aren't even the only pro Rugby League club in the area. Plenty also follow "out of area" clubs like Leeds, Bradford and Wakefield so it isn't as clear cut. As for the game being strong there, it is in Kirklees, but the Huddersfield part of Kirklees is one of the weaker aspects of that.

I hope this game can galvanise the Giants fanbase. What is clear is that they are a relatively small to middling but very committed bunch, and a cup win might be just what they need to set them up for a bit more growth in the Watson era. Town being there might allow a few more casuals to be picked up too.

Not having a pop at the hardcore, it's the lack of glory hunters and 'tourists' that's disappointing.

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

I know a lot of Leigh fans who arent going due to cost and time of match - ie ticket plus transport plus a few beers and food will be £130 min, those looking to drive have been put off by parking and other costs, hotels are ridiculous all over London and the elephant in the room is the 12am KO which takes the craic away for many. We will have the annual CCF weekend crowd plus about 1500-2000.

My 2 suggestions are move it to Cardiff for the next 3 years as London is silly money, and if we are keeping the Championship cup then lets kick off at 1pm and 3.30pm

Kick-off is dictated to by telly. They want the CCF where it is.

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

Updated from what i've been told

Wigan 8,800

Huddersfield 5,300

Leigh and Fev 4,100 collectively

There ya go summat else for you seat counters to spit feathers at!

What's your source for this? Considering Wigan had sold over 8,000 12 days ago I find it hard to believe.

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Not having a pop at the hardcore, it's the lack of glory hunters and 'tourists' that's disappointing.

That's fine, but how many "glory hunters" can they go for when the reality is that Huddersfield is quite small, and the surrounding environs of any note either have their own team or support another top team that is either bigger of closer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

I've got a plan to get some prosecco into her early doors, she soon forgets about rules after about 3/4 of a bottle.

I really like Neck Oil, I'm quite partial to Gamma Ray too, but it's a bit strong for an all-dayer.  Looking forward to trying the blood orange one, never seen that one for sale oop t'north.

I buy them online. The orange fella is nice. An Earl Grey IPA with a slice of pudding is ace!

See you there 🙂

• Like 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

7 minutes ago, Damien said:

What's your source for this? Considering Wigan had sold over 8,000 12 days ago I find it hard to believe.

Tbf historically with any club there's always a manic rush initially and then it slows down to barely a trickle within a week. Even more so this time with the transport issues meaning people have got to do a bit more planning to attend.

9 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Tbf historically with any club there's always a manic rush initially and then it slows down to barely a trickle within a week. Even more so this time with the transport issues meaning people have got to do a bit more planning to attend.

I'm well aware of that but unless there is a source then those figures have no credibility.

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

Fev still look to have around 800-1000 of their original allocation available for sale on their website.

I  think that is just a nominal figure added to allow you to order online. I you look you get exactly the same figure for Cat 2 and Cat 3 tickets.

I believe that most tickets have been sold at the club shop.

32 minutes ago, Damien said:

I'm well aware of that but unless there is a source then those figures have no credibility.

I wasn't necessarily backing up the sales figures, but certainly the sales pattern would be absolutely typical of club sales for a cup final.

18 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I  think that is just a nominal figure added to allow you to order online. I you look you get exactly the same figure for Cat 2 and Cat 3 tickets.

I believe that most tickets have been sold at the club shop.

It will be the same system for both. Similarly if you go to www.leightickets.co.uk you can see exactly what seats are available to purchase at Leigh either in person, over the phone or online.

23 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It will be the same system for both. Similarly if you go to www.leightickets.co.uk you can see exactly what seats are available to purchase at Leigh either in person, over the phone or online.

You cant select your seat on the Featherstone site, just order a ticket and the club either send or put aside a ticket for collection.

1 hour ago, Dallas Mead said:

Plenty of moans about cost, jeez…..rugby league is the cheapest main sport in the country and still people moan. 🙈

But those thinked are linked. 

We have spent years selling our game as a very cost effective sports option - don't be surprised when the fan base you have built are more susceptible to travel costs and cost of living challenges. 

And let's not even start on the elephant in the room of geographical location of Wembley to every one of our finalists. Does any other sport stage a showpiece game so far away from its heartlands every single year? That isn't a plea to play it in the North by the way, but these decisions will impact crowds. 

6 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

You cant select your seat on the Featherstone site, just order a ticket and the club either send or put aside a ticket for collection.

I'm aware of that (some clubs just aren't as good as others 😉), but the online sales orders will be fulfilled by their shop in exactly the same manner as somebody rolling up in person, so there's a reasonable chance that the number left will indeed have a correlation with the reality.

how about 1 or 2 free under 14 or under 16 tickets with every adult ticket bought instead of empty seats around the  stadium? when i was a kid the "can my mate come" factor always seemed to put a few on the gate with the youngsters 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

how about 1 or 2 free under 14 or under 16 tickets with every adult ticket bought instead of empty seats around the  stadium? when i was a kid the "can my mate come" factor always seemed to put a few on the gate with the youngsters 

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to rugby league.

6 hours ago, Damien said:

Whilst true it is up to the clubs and the game to find new ways to engage with people. Football still gets the crowds and other sports too. Yes clubs cant just take support for granted these days but I think its a good while since that was the case in Rugby League anyway. Getting into schools and engaging with youth is key to build up a new generation of fans. Saying we just cant attract people as either a club or sport and the game is up really.

Oh absolutely!

I was just making the point that what happened 20,30,50 years ago is no longer relevant, we need to find new ways of attracting new people, the WMC and tap room supporters are confined to history, does the game have an idea?

Apart from blasting out music and playing 'sweet Caroline' and having shouty people on the PA, I'm not sure it does!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

Plenty of moans about cost, jeez…..rugby league is the cheapest main sport in the country and still people moan. 🙈

You seem to be fairly critical and condescending, presumably, time, effort and more importantly, money are no object to you and you've bought a ticket and looking forward to a good day with the rest of us?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, meast said:

You seem to be fairly critical and condescending, presumably, time, effort and more importantly, money are no object to you and you've bought a ticket and looking forward to a good day with the rest of us?

Yes I have and yes I’m sick to death of the ever decreasing pool of ageing RL fans moaning about how things were better back in the day and and how any ticket over the massive sum of £30 is “a rip-off”.  Deluded in the extreme.  Or maybe make every ticket £5 and see where all the players go to earn a living.

• Like 3