Jump to content

Hows ticket sales going for CCF


Recommended Posts

Just now, daz39 said:

Nope, Huddersfield's is above their average, so far we are the only club to be taking more than our average crowds!

Okay - I had it mind your average was c.5,500 but I'm not going to quibble.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Okay - I had it mind your average was c.5,500 but I'm not going to quibble.

It's 5,100 so not so far off.

So we're doing ok it's the others the bedwetters should be gunning for......

The 2 top teams in the championship and the World's biggest club (self-proclaimed) have only sold about 10,000 more than Fartown between them but supposedly it's us that's embarrasing the game 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Scubby said:

That Leigh and Fev figure is way down on what I expected. What happened to 5k+ from each team?

I think the cost of living crisis is having an impact. For most people it's close to a triple-figure sum just for the ticket and the transport, before any other expenses are taken into account, and a lot of families just aren't able to access that kind of money right now.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/05/2022 at 22:48, Man of Kent said:

It’s utterly normal for clubs to take more fans to London than their usual home gate so I don’t see why Huddersfield should be any different.

Circa 5K Giants fans would seem desperately poor. Hopefully it’s more than that as I can’t believe a rugby area like Kirklees would be so disinterested. It’s not like they are regular visitors. 

That's not a very fair assessment tbh. Yes Huddersfield are the only Super League club in Kirklees, but for starters they aren't even the only pro Rugby League club in the area. Plenty also follow "out of area" clubs like Leeds, Bradford and Wakefield so it isn't as clear cut. As for the game being strong there, it is in Kirklees, but the Huddersfield part of Kirklees is one of the weaker aspects of that.

I hope this game can galvanise the Giants fanbase. What is clear is that they are a relatively small to middling but very committed bunch, and a cup win might be just what they need to set them up for a bit more growth in the Watson era. Town being there might allow a few more casuals to be picked up too.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think the cost of living crisis is having an impact. For most people it's close to a triple-figure sum just for the ticket and the transport, before any other expenses are taken into account, and a lot of families just aren't able to access that kind of money right now.

It is a lot to ask for a family right now, and we probably don't have enough blokes/adult only fans to compensate for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think the cost of living crisis is having an impact. For most people it's close to a triple-figure sum just for the ticket and the transport, before any other expenses are taken into account, and a lot of families just aren't able to access that kind of money right now.

It's over £100 i'd say, £55 tickets and you'd be lucky to get a train or coach for under £45, add on food and drink and travel in and around London and your probably looknig more at £150 per person, for a family that's the price of a holiday somewhere just to watch a couple of rugby games.

There's a hell of a lot of us struggling at the moment so i can totally understand why fans of the teams involved never mind neutrals are not forking out that kind of money to go, it may look poor on TV but so what? we're not a sport or an event aimed at upper class rich sods.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know a lot of Leigh fans who arent going due to cost and time of match - ie ticket plus transport plus a few beers and food will be £130 min, those looking to drive have been put off by parking and other costs, hotels are ridiculous all over London and the elephant in the room is the 12am KO which takes the craic away for many. We will have the annual CCF weekend crowd plus about 1500-2000.

My 2 suggestions are move it to Cardiff for the next 3 years as London is silly money, and if we are keeping the Championship cup then lets kick off at 1pm and 3.30pm

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

That's not a very fair assessment tbh. Yes Huddersfield are the only Super League club in Kirklees, but for starters they aren't even the only pro Rugby League club in the area. Plenty also follow "out of area" clubs like Leeds, Bradford and Wakefield so it isn't as clear cut. As for the game being strong there, it is in Kirklees, but the Huddersfield part of Kirklees is one of the weaker aspects of that.

I hope this game can galvanise the Giants fanbase. What is clear is that they are a relatively small to middling but very committed bunch, and a cup win might be just what they need to set them up for a bit more growth in the Watson era. Town being there might allow a few more casuals to be picked up too.

Thanks for that, glad someone else seems to understand our situation.

Kirklees isn't a place it's an administrive area that covers Huddersfield but also towns such as Batley, Dewsbury, Cleckheaton, Heckmondwike, Birstall, Mirfield - how many rugby fans let alone general public do you think follow Huddersfield Giants from that lot?

Factor in Bradford Bulls, Leeds Rhinos, Wakefield Trinity, Batley Bulldogs, Dewsbury Rams, Hunslet within a 15 mile radius and you will probably get an idea of how little support we get outside of Huddersfield, yes the 'Kirklees' area may be a rugby league area but certainly not to the Giants benefit.

We are a loyal, noisy, friendly bunch - We don't throw beer, flares or sing songs with swearing in them but we are small in numbers and a cup win may, just sway more of the residents of 'kirklees' to come along and support their Super League team as they did with the big city boys up and down the road!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, MattSantos said:

This is my pub sorted.

I will not be supping under a 2 Neck Oil limitation. I will be free. I will be alone. For a bit.  

I like Neck Oil.

I've got a plan to get some prosecco into her early doors, she soon forgets about rules after about 3/4 of a bottle.

I really like Neck Oil, I'm quite partial to Gamma Ray too, but it's a bit strong for an all-dayer.  Looking forward to trying the blood orange one, never seen that one for sale oop t'north.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

 

I was bought a take away 10 pint cask of neck oil last year. Bloomin lovely it is. It was on as a guest ale in one of our locals recently, so I was drinking that. Me wallet needed a defibrillator when I got a round in and realised it was 6 quid a pint  :kolobok_shok:

They have it on at a boozer in Ponte, beautiful drink but a session requires you to take out a 2nd mortgage.

Only place I can find it for off sale locally is M&S at £9 for 4 coke size cans. Worth it though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

I know a lot of Leigh fans who arent going due to cost and time of match - ie ticket plus transport plus a few beers and food will be £130 min, those looking to drive have been put off by parking and other costs, hotels are ridiculous all over London and the elephant in the room is the 12am KO which takes the craic away for many. We will have the annual CCF weekend crowd plus about 1500-2000.

My 2 suggestions are move it to Cardiff for the next 3 years as London is silly money, and if we are keeping the Championship cup then lets kick off at 1pm and 3.30pm

Cracking idea that one tbf

(On the kick off times, the 12pm is far superior to the 5pm that Sheffield-Widnes had as then you've got little option but to stay over, whereas the timings this Saturday make the day trip a doddle)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

That's not a very fair assessment tbh. Yes Huddersfield are the only Super League club in Kirklees, but for starters they aren't even the only pro Rugby League club in the area. Plenty also follow "out of area" clubs like Leeds, Bradford and Wakefield so it isn't as clear cut. As for the game being strong there, it is in Kirklees, but the Huddersfield part of Kirklees is one of the weaker aspects of that.

I hope this game can galvanise the Giants fanbase. What is clear is that they are a relatively small to middling but very committed bunch, and a cup win might be just what they need to set them up for a bit more growth in the Watson era. Town being there might allow a few more casuals to be picked up too.

Not having a pop at the hardcore, it's the lack of glory hunters and 'tourists' that's disappointing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

I know a lot of Leigh fans who arent going due to cost and time of match - ie ticket plus transport plus a few beers and food will be £130 min, those looking to drive have been put off by parking and other costs, hotels are ridiculous all over London and the elephant in the room is the 12am KO which takes the craic away for many. We will have the annual CCF weekend crowd plus about 1500-2000.

My 2 suggestions are move it to Cardiff for the next 3 years as London is silly money, and if we are keeping the Championship cup then lets kick off at 1pm and 3.30pm

Kick-off is dictated to by telly. They want the CCF where it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, daz39 said:

Updated from what i've been told

Wigan 8,800

Huddersfield 5,300

Leigh and Fev 4,100 collectively

There ya go summat else for you seat counters to spit feathers at!

What's your source for this? Considering Wigan had sold over 8,000 12 days ago I find it hard to believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Not having a pop at the hardcore, it's the lack of glory hunters and 'tourists' that's disappointing.

That's fine, but how many "glory hunters" can they go for when the reality is that Huddersfield is quite small, and the surrounding environs of any note either have their own team or support another top team that is either bigger of closer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

I've got a plan to get some prosecco into her early doors, she soon forgets about rules after about 3/4 of a bottle.

I really like Neck Oil, I'm quite partial to Gamma Ray too, but it's a bit strong for an all-dayer.  Looking forward to trying the blood orange one, never seen that one for sale oop t'north.

I buy them online. The orange fella is nice. An Earl Grey IPA with a slice of pudding is ace!

See you there 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Damien said:

What's your source for this? Considering Wigan had sold over 8,000 12 days ago I find it hard to believe.

Tbf historically with any club there's always a manic rush initially and then it slows down to barely a trickle within a week. Even more so this time with the transport issues meaning people have got to do a bit more planning to attend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Tbf historically with any club there's always a manic rush initially and then it slows down to barely a trickle within a week. Even more so this time with the transport issues meaning people have got to do a bit more planning to attend.

I'm well aware of that but unless there is a source then those figures have no credibility.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

Fev still look to have around 800-1000 of their original allocation available for sale on their website.

I  think that is just a nominal figure added to allow you to order online. I you look you get exactly the same figure for Cat 2 and Cat 3 tickets.

I believe that most tickets have been sold at the club shop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Damien said:

I'm well aware of that but unless there is a source then those figures have no credibility.

I wasn't necessarily backing up the sales figures, but certainly the sales pattern would be absolutely typical of club sales for a cup final.

18 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I  think that is just a nominal figure added to allow you to order online. I you look you get exactly the same figure for Cat 2 and Cat 3 tickets.

I believe that most tickets have been sold at the club shop.

It will be the same system for both. Similarly if you go to www.leightickets.co.uk you can see exactly what seats are available to purchase at Leigh either in person, over the phone or online.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It will be the same system for both. Similarly if you go to www.leightickets.co.uk you can see exactly what seats are available to purchase at Leigh either in person, over the phone or online.

You cant select your seat on the Featherstone site, just order a ticket and the club either send or put aside a ticket for collection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dallas Mead said:

Plenty of moans about cost, jeez…..rugby league is the cheapest main sport in the country and still people moan. 🙈

But those thinked are linked. 

We have spent years selling our game as a very cost effective sports option - don't be surprised when the fan base you have built are more susceptible to travel costs and cost of living challenges. 

And let's not even start on the elephant in the room of geographical location of Wembley to every one of our finalists. Does any other sport stage a showpiece game so far away from its heartlands every single year? That isn't a plea to play it in the North by the way, but these decisions will impact crowds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...