Barrow (H)

Wakefield Ram

4 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Well this is a big one. If we play like we did against Featherstone, then we have a good chance.

Might have Trout back I guess, hopefully no injuries from Sunday and looking forward to a good game of rugby.

And Barrow will have Sammutt back.  🤔

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

We need to push on from a positive performance last week and not go back in to our shells like we did against Workington.    IF we play as well as last week, this could be a belter of a game ...... With hopefully a few more RAMS fans in attendance ........ the South Stand was sparse in Red, Amber & Black colours last week  (But still made themselves heard !!)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Therein73 said:

We need to push on from a positive performance last week and not go back in to our shells like we did against Workington.    IF we play as well as last week, this could be a belter of a game ...... With hopefully a few more RAMS fans in attendance ........ the South Stand was sparse in Red, Amber & Black colours last week  (But still made themselves heard !!)

Probably the big publicity push will persuade more folk to attend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

We have to build on last week’s attacking improvements, yet must improve our defence if we are to beat Barrow and I think we might just snatch it. 
Dewsbury 24-20 Barrow

FTS: Dixon

MoM:  Speakman 

Att: 774

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Close, but the Cumbrians must be favorites by 8 I reckon

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Traditionally, games at our place between the teams have been high scoring affairs, and I see this being the same. Either team could be the winner so I predict, optimistically:

Rams 28 - 26 Raiders

FTS: Ryde

Att: 786 (2 regulars missing)

• Sad 1

That we can play so badly and only lose by 2 points. The team just looked flat for most of the game. For an experienced pro like Blackmore to give a penalty for dissent on our line which gave them the position for the match winning try is unbelievable. Add in a couple of handling errors and a 6th tackle attempt to barge over, then think Lewis Carr should get another chance. We had 4 or 5 sets on the Barrow line and couldn't score and turned down a simple 2 points. 

Hope Aidan McGowan isn't too badly injured. 

So who’s taking responsibility for a player having to pull out because they’d not done the return to play protocol. Imo this falls at the hands of the coach,not taking 2 to draw the game the coach. 
This coach will get this team relegated. The players are good enough to stay up the coach isn’t. 

• Like 1

..... I'm pretty sure I saw one of the "water carriers" trying to get on with a kicking tee , only for the players to take the tap ...... Is that really the coach's fault ?? ...... As for the return to play protocol -- I don't know, but it sounds more of an admin issue than a coaching issue ?? ..... But I'm sure he will have told Blackmore to back chat the ref ....

• Like 1

Ok first of all I was in attendance at the game today. My visual views were clear and totally unobstructed. The coach 100% gave the hand gesture signal to keep the play rolling and not to take the two points on offer. Guess what at 18-16 up I actually agreed with the coach’s decision. At the time the Rams were enjoying great field position and were definitely in the ascendancy. Unfortunately the players were not good enough to turn possession into points!

• Like 2

Lastly this. An assessment of today’s game and our players. First of all Barrow looked jaded and were undoubtedly there for the taking. Now individual player scores out out of 10 and why.

1. McGowan - Injured early so unfortunate 6

2. Blackmore - Un controlled erratic error strewn performance 5

3. Ryder - Good attack same old poor defence 7

4. Greensmith - Same old plodding performance 6

5. Gabriel- Steady end of 6

6. Sykes - Steady end of 6

7. Smith - Not good but obviously injured from the outset. Nice break 6

8. Peltier - Huffed and puffed 6

9. Speakman - Tried hard 7

10. Kidd - If anything felt he tried too hard. Made early errors = off early doors 5

11. Trout - Awful throughout. Just ambled and trundled it in 4

12. Kibula - Same as Trout. No heart. Sammut bumped him off first try 3

13. Knowles - Where do I start? Testimonial pick every week. Offers nowt 3

14. Beckett - Way off form. Dropping off tackles etc 4

15. Dixon - Definitely can’t pass. Non descript 5

16. Schofield - A trier 5

17. Tomlinson - Generally gives of his best 6

Two points lost today.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Lastly this. An assessment of today’s game and our players. First of all Barrow looked jaded and were undoubtedly there for the taking. Now individual player scores out out of 10 and why.

10. Kidd - If anything felt he tried too hard. Made early errors = off early doors 5

Two points lost today.

Kibula worst player on pitch definitely watched a different game to me. Knowles one of worst players who offers nothing are you on wind up? He's one of our better players the best players today were kibula Ryder and Gabriel in my opinion. Also I rate greensmith

32 minutes ago, ramsfandan said:

Kibula worst player on pitch definitely watched a different game to me. Knowles one of worst players who offers nothing are you on wind up? He's one of our better players the best players today were kibula Ryder and Gabriel in my opinion. Also I rate greensmith

I respect your opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Two points lost today.

Brutal 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Outside view said:

So who’s taking responsibility for a player having to pull out because they’d not done the return to play protocol. Imo this falls at the hands of the coach,not taking 2 to draw the game the coach. 
This coach will get this team relegated. The players are good enough to stay up the coach isn’t. 

The return to play protocol is unforgivable. Also begging for ball boys/girls minutes before game commences is laughable. Lastly I thought we were 18-16 up when we refused to take a further kickable two points. A coaching decision I did agree with at the time.

9 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

That’s where I’m at.

No criticism at all

We all have an opinion what is right & what is wrong at this current time regarding team selections & puzzling decisions 

Sat in the Royal suite at halftime having a well deserved coffee

On the next table was Sweeting, Graham, Carr, Butterworth 

Against Halifax I'd pitch all these lads in, Halifax is a hiding to nothing and a game we just can't win, it's quiet evident that some of our players need a rest, and need to  get fit for the 2 games that will define our season Whitehaven & London in a few weeks have got to be won at all costs, our best team has to be fit and well for them critical games

Dom on the way out was struggling to walk... What's happened to rotation with Butterworth?? 

No cutting edge today cost us Barrow we're blowing out their backsides... And we couldn't kill them, Whitehaven and London HAVE to be put to the sword, I expected a defeat today.. And got exactly what I expected.... But

It does sting a little as with a bit more savvy.. It could have been won

Scrub fax.... And prepare for Whitehaven & London👊👊👊👊👊

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

The return to play protocol is unforgivable. Also begging for ball boys/girls minutes before game commences is laughable. Lastly I thought we were 18-16 up when we refused to take a further kickable two points. A coaching decision I did agree with at the time.

Hang on.... The ball boys was a situation that was thrust upon the club an hour and a half before kick off when some clown couldn't deliver what he promised, not the clubs fault... So not laughable at all

The situation was resolved well before kick off by our brilliant volunteers who at a drop of a hat fulfilled what was needed

Don't point the finger at the club.. Point your criticism at Shaw cross who did supply the ball boys.. Yes did as the club will organise the ball boys from now on. So this situation does not arise ever again🤔

5 minutes ago, coolie said:

No criticism at all

We all have an opinion what is right & what is wrong at this current time regarding team selections & puzzling decisions 

Sat in the Royal suite at halftime having a well deserved coffee

On the next table was Sweeting, Graham, Carr, Butterworth 

Against Halifax I'd pitch all these lads in, Halifax is a hiding to nothing and a game we just can't win, it's quiet evident that some of our players need a rest, and need to  get fit for the 2 games that will define our season Whitehaven & London in a few weeks have got to be won at all costs, our best team has to be fit and well for them critical games

Dom on the way out was struggling to walk... What's happened to rotation with Butterworth?? 

No cutting edge today cost us Barrow we're blowing out their backsides... And we couldn't kill them, Whitehaven and London HAVE to be put to the sword, I expected a defeat today.. And got exactly what I expected.... But

It does sting a little as with a bit more savvy.. It could have been won

Scrub fax.... And prepare for Whitehaven & London👊👊👊👊👊

100% agree re Halifax selection. As long as the coach does not expect miracles out of some of the names mentioned bearing in mind they have had absolute minimal game time during the past few weeks.