Barrow (H)

Wakefield Ram

3 minutes ago, coolie said:

Hang on.... The ball boys was a situation that was thrust upon the club an hour and a half before kick off when some clown couldn't deliver what he promised, not the clubs fault... So not laughable at all

The situation was resolved well before kick off by our brilliant volunteers who at a drop of a hat fulfilled what was needed

Don't point the finger at the club.. Point your criticism at Shaw cross who did supply the ball boys.. Yes did as the club will organise the ball boys from now on. So this situation does not arise ever again🤔

Ok fair enough.

Your take on failing to adhere to the return to play protocol is?

1 minute ago, SUPERSTUD said:

100% agree re Halifax selection. As long as the coach does not expect miracles out of some of the names mentioned bearing in mind they have had absolute minimal game time during the past few weeks.

They are not been pitched in as cannon fodder, I believe some of them young kids need to express themselves, in a free hit game.. Halifax is that game, I don't care if we get hammered, as long as them lads have had a chance to prove the coach has been wrong all along by not picking them, I don't agree with how they have been treated by a long way🤔

10 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Ok fair enough.

Your take on failing to adhere to the return to play protocol is?

Unacceptable 

I presume its someone's job to take care of that paperwork

I have to say it was news to me about return to play had to be filled in, I presume (yes presumption which is the mother of all cufk ups🤔

That is would be down to the coaching team to dot the I's and cross the T's on any paperwork... Or is it down to the doctor.. 

Again I presume you are more clued up on this subject and know the protocols around what should happen🤔

Edited by coolie

6 minutes ago, coolie said:

They are not been pitched in as cannon fodder, I believe some of them young kids need to express themselves, in a free hit game.. Halifax is that game, I don't care if we get hammered, as long as them lads have had a chance to prove the coach has been wrong all along by not picking them, I don't agree with how they have been treated by a long way🤔

If they all play they could run an internal sweep stake. Let’s see who lasts the longest before being hooocked off!

2 minutes ago, coolie said:

Unacceptable 

I presume its someone's job to take care of that paperwork

I have to say it was news to me about return to play had to be filled in, I presume (yes presumption which is the mother of all cufk ups🤔

That is would be down to the coaching team to dot the I's and cross the T's on any paperwork... Or is it down to the doctor.. 

Again I presume you are more clued up on this subject and know the protocols around what should happen🤔

Down to medical staff mate physio/doctor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

If they all play they could run an internal sweep stake. Let’s see who lasts the longest before being hooocked off!

Now I wouldn't do that

1 mistake anybody can make

2 mistakes has to make you more determined 

3 mistakes you need an experienced arm around you to pick up your confidence 

If you need to see this philosophy in action.... Watch and listen to Danny Mcguire in the tunnel

That's the experienced helping the inexperienced 

And there might lay the problem🤔

1 minute ago, coolie said:

Now I wouldn't do that

1 mistake anybody can make

2 mistakes has to make you more determined 

3 mistakes you need an experienced arm around you to pick up your confidence 

If you need to see this philosophy in action.... Watch and listen to Danny Mcguire in the tunnel

That's the experienced helping the inexperienced 

And there might lay the problem🤔

Absolutely bang on the money comments. Not at this club though. You have to endure the coaching walk of shame around the perimeter of the pitch and into the cold secluded dug out - Shameful 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, coolie said:

Thanks for clarification on the subject, think a lot of fans appreciate that.. It will be news to a lot of them

Bottom line C Players who fail concussion tests during matches or training will not be permitted to play again for at least 11 days even if they pass all tests in between

1 hour ago, POR said:

Bottom line C Players who fail concussion tests during matches or training will not be permitted to play again for at least 11 days even if they pass all tests in between

To be honest given I'd heard he'd fractured an eye socket and he looked bad when he went off against Workington 3 weeks ago, I was gobsmacked to see him on the teamsheet.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Lastly this. An assessment of today’s game and our players. First of all Barrow looked jaded and were undoubtedly there for the taking. Now individual player scores out out of 10 and why.

1. McGowan - Injured early so unfortunate 6

2. Blackmore - Un controlled erratic error strewn performance 5

3. Ryder - Good attack same old poor defence 7

4. Greensmith - Same old plodding performance 6

5. Gabriel- Steady end of 6

6. Sykes - Steady end of 6

7. Smith - Not good but obviously injured from the outset. Nice break 6

8. Peltier - Huffed and puffed 6

9. Speakman - Tried hard 7

10. Kidd - If anything felt he tried too hard. Made early errors = off early doors 5

11. Trout - Awful throughout. Just ambled and trundled it in 4

12. Kibula - Same as Trout. No heart. Sammut bumped him off first try 3

13. Knowles - Where do I start? Testimonial pick every week. Offers nowt 3

14. Beckett - Way off form. Dropping off tackles etc 4

15. Dixon - Definitely can’t pass. Non descript 5

16. Schofield - A trier 5

17. Tomlinson - Generally gives of his best 6

Two points lost today.

Pretty comprehensive assessment that. Not saying l agree with all of it but l would be interested, with the squad we currently have, what would be YOUR 17 for the Halifax game?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LeagueConvert said:

Pretty comprehensive assessment that. Not saying l agree with all of it but l would be interested, with the squad we currently have, what would be YOUR 17 for the Halifax game?

The only ones missing apart from injured are Jake Sweeting, Lewis Carr and Brad Graham?

33 minutes ago, LeagueConvert said:

Hi LC.

I am replying on the basis that I did not wish to be seen as being ignorant with regards to your question although it is highly likely that I will not be able to fully answer it. One reason being that I am not internally involved at the club. Therefore I don’t know the injuries, potential fall out’s (Not saying there is any) or how the individual players are training etc. All I did was provide MY assessment of how I felt the 17 performed against a jaded and clunky Barrow outfit.

Regarding Halifax there is no doubt that a freshen up is required. However Halifax are no mugs. On that basis it is not easy for some players to step in and perform on the back of so little previous game time. As long as the coach, club and supporters understand that then it is fine. Targeting the immediate fixtures after Fax maybe seen as the priority. So regarding selecting a 17 I am not suggesting such things as certain players should be dropped etc on the back of one recent performance. Although this has happened to some players at the club.

My 17 answer is play all players who have not played recently. They should at least be fresh if not exactly battle hardened. Rest any player carrying knocks etc. Fill any gaps with players who are holding up well and ready to go. Then sit back at Fax enjoy the evening and see what appertains. Hope this helps.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Hi LC.

I am replying on the basis that I did not wish to be seen as being ignorant with regards to your question although it is highly likely that I will not be able to fully answer it. One reason being that I am not internally involved at the club. Therefore I don’t know the injuries, potential fall out’s (Not saying there is any) or how the individual players are training etc. All I did was provide MY assessment of how I felt the 17 performed against a jaded and clunky Barrow outfit.

Regarding Halifax there is no doubt that a freshen up is required. However Halifax are no mugs. On that basis it is not easy for some players to step in and perform on the back of so little previous game time. As long as the coach, club and supporters understand that then it is fine. Targeting the immediate fixtures after Fax maybe seen as the priority. So regarding selecting a 17 I am not suggesting such things as certain players should be dropped etc on the back of one recent performance. Although this has happened to some players at the club.

My 17 answer is play all players who have not played recently. They should at least be fresh if not exactly battle hardened. Rest any player carrying knocks etc. Fill any gaps with players who are holding up well and ready to go. Then sit back at Fax enjoy the evening and see what appertains. Hope this helps.

Can't argue with that 

Halifax is merely a distraction to the Whitehaven & London games 

Those are the real prizes 

Massive 4 points on offer that must be taken at all costs

I'll take now been hammered at Halifax to bring home 4 points in the following 2 fixtures

That will lift us to 8 points and above Whitehaven, leaving us a bit of a buffer, I believe 12 points will keep you up in the championship this season rather than the 16 point region that's saved us on countless campaigns 🤔

Too depressed to comment on the match because it's the same game after game ,season after season.Just watching the Eagles on TV at their new ground provided by the council.  Leigh, hunslet,halifax,widnes ,doni,york, hudders, just afew all got new grounds through their councils.What have kirklees done for Dews. rams.   o.k the land. Had Dewsbury rlfc been totally skint would they have got a  new ground? no chance.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, silcoates said:

Too depressed to comment on the match because it's the same game after game ,season after season.Just watching the Eagles on TV at their new ground provided by the council.  Leigh, hunslet,halifax,widnes ,doni,york, hudders, just afew all got new grounds through their councils.What have kirklees done for Dews. rams.   o.k the land. Had Dewsbury rlfc been totally skint would they have got a  new ground? no chance.

I thought similar things last night as I watched the game, also just how much Henderson "gushed" about the wonderful Mark Ashton and Sheffield.

However, they must have a number of people behind the scenes who are dedicated and have bags of enthusiasm to keep driving the club forward. Maybe we could learn a few things from them.

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) I wasn’t able to attend the match, but listened to commentary, initially from BBC Radio Cumbria, whose commentators couldn’t understand their bad luck at the start, one player injured and another in the bin and then couldn’t believe their good luck in being ten points ahead. They weren’t too kind to Sami Kibula for his feeble attempt at tackling Sammut when he scored.

I managed to listen to HWD Radio for the second half and it was clear that their commentators were frustrated by the way we played; delighted that we managed to get into the lead, flummoxed by the decision not to take a kick at goal with the penalty, dumbfounded that we hadn’t the nous to break an obviously tired defence on the back of five (or was it seven?) successive set restarts and then annoyed thst the “experienced” Blackmore stupidly gave away a penalty on our line, thus allowing Barrow to get the winning try.

Like all other supporters, after that result, to say I was sloughened, is an understatement. Gone now are the positive feelings I had for the season ahead when we were making our predictions.

• Like 4
Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 23/05/2022 at 16:41, SUPERSTUD said:

Hi LC.

Fair comment mate. l was more asking given a fully fit squad, who your 17 would be for the Halifax game.

• Like 1

Hello LC

Just acknowledging your query. This is a difficult question and one that I need to get back to you on. As a retainer though as far as I am concerned the current squad means all the players signed by the club on a full time basis. I hate loans and dual reg so to me they are not fully fledged committed squad members. Amongst the fully signed/fledged members it is still difficult to select a match day 17. Some players are being selected in positions that they do not possess the required skill set for. Example Dixon at full back = No link up skills, Can’t pass and No organisational skills. As I said this is just one example. Hence why I require a little time to put forward the best available 17.

1 hour ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Hello LC

Just acknowledging your query. This is a difficult question and one that I need to get back to you on. As a retainer though as far as I am concerned the current squad means all the players signed by the club on a full time basis. I hate loans and dual reg so to me they are not fully fledged committed squad members. Amongst the fully signed/fledged members it is still difficult to select a match day 17. Some players are being selected in positions that they do not possess the required skill set for. Example Dixon at full back = No link up skills, Can’t pass and No organisational skills. As I said this is just one example. Hence why I require a little time to put forward the best available 17.

All the time you need🤔

This should be very interesting reading for us all 👍👍

On 24/05/2022 at 10:31, Hugh Jarce said:

I thought similar things last night as I watched the game, also just how much Henderson "gushed" about the wonderful Mark Ashton and Sheffield.

Of course he did HJ  he played for them and under him for four years where he won back to back grand finals  in 2012, and 2013. so he's always going to praise them

29 minutes ago, POR said:

Of course he did HJ  he played for them and under him for four years where he won back to back grand finals  in 2012, and 2013. so he's always going to praise them

I dislike Aston with a passion🤔

But.... 

Have the upmost respect for the bloke for what he's achieved over the years with Sheffield Eagles, nobody can rubbish his efforts over the years 

Still think he's got some compromising photographs of the RFL with what the Eagles have got away with over the years🤔

Marmite Aston🤔

You either love him or hate him😀😀

• Like 1