Maurice Lindsay

tms

no comment might tell you what some fans including myself thought of this man as nobody wants to speak ill of the dead unless it is the likes of hitler and putin once the latter has been terminated.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

So why comment.

I find it sad to hear of anyone dying.

One day it will be me.

It will. None of us are getting out of this alive mate.

Some folks really approve of Maurice Lindsay's time at the RL.Some don't. That's how it rolls. 

Folks should not be restricted from offering an appropriate opinion should they wish. I regular voice mine about Thatcher. Her death was irrelevant to me.

• Like 6

My biggest gripe re Maurice Lindsay was his helter skelter  rush to set up SL. Cause of pound notes in front of his eyes.

•   I have to say back in the day when at first he wanted to get rid of FEV with a merger then wanting london and paris before  FEV I wanted him to drop dead but in reality RIP Maurice 

Having said that I think 

it could be  written in the stars in the year of his passing FEV finally get into super league🌟

• Like 2

I would rather have someone like Maurice at the helm than what we have had for the past few years. Yes. he ruffled quite a few feathers but he also shook up the game when it was nosediving. Whether you agree with his actions or not at least he had a vision of a future for the game - I despair at the lack of any sort of vision that we now seem to have.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.