Dewsbury Away

HP Beans

Dewsbury away this weekend,I noticed they scored 26 points against Fev on Sunday which is no mean feat.

I think they will be tough to beat on their own patch,hopefully the lads can pull another away win out of the bag👍🏻
Up the Raiders🏉

• Like 1

Tough game expected as always at Dewsbury .... Sammut should be back but we still dont have any fit (or banned) centres and its hurting us.

We need to respect the ball more and stop the silly errors as per the 2nd half against Workington. Any ball we had was given straight back through basic errors! The only positive from that 2nd half was the defence held up pretty well given they were camped inside our 20 for long periods.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

8 hours ago, morty said:

Tough game expected as always at Dewsbury .... Sammut should be back but we still dont have any fit (or banned) centres and its hurting us.

We need to respect the ball more and stop the silly errors as per the 2nd half against Workington. Any ball we had was given straight back through basic errors! The only positive from that 2nd half was the defence held up pretty well given they were camped inside our 20 for long periods.

We will probably know after training tonight about who is fit and who isn't. Lots of lads playing with injuries already but that's the nature of the pro game at this level. Most clubs will be experiencing the same problems apart from those with huge budgets. I still fancy us to come away with a win at Dewsbury but like you say it will be tough. 

• Like 1

Hard to predict and a long time since we played each other in the league. Games between our clubs are generally high-scoring affairs and I don't expect this match to be any different.

I look forward to seeing a fair few of your fans on Sunday - a knowledgeable bunch who always give away fans a decent welcome at your ground.

• Like 3

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Early sin binning & a few head knocks ( concussion tests ) left us light on able bodies, 18-16 atm 

Drews just had 7 seven consecutive sets here & we survived that onslaught, Come on lads, Limp home with the points 

What an important win this could turn out to be, Very hard fought game by the sounds of it & we won 18-20 with wounded players everywhere.

Doffs cap to the spirit & efforts these lads are churning out for the club 👏

• Like 2

A win is a win and I’ll take the points. The first win at Dewsbury in 18 years, so it shows it’s not an easy ground for us. 

Think towards the end of the game we had lots of knocks and injuries so did well to grind out the win. Well done Barrow.

• Like 1

A tight game in the end but more importantly another precious two points in the bag.

At least we've got next weekend off to recuperate before the Leigh juggernaut rolls into town: I'm hoping we catch them on an off day with an 1895 Cup Final hangover. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RawlinsonRaider said:

Cracking win away from home again.  Hope the injuries aren't too bad, as someone else said a week off will surely help whilst Leigh battle it out in the cup at Spurs. 😁🏉

Get some rest into our squad and hopefully several niggles will ease & we might just give Leigh a heck of game if they gas out next week 

• Like 2

On 23/05/2022 at 08:11, Therein73 said:

Hopefully, we'll see you next year 🤞🤞

Can't see Barrow being relegated...

• Haha 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: