Bulldogs v Bronco,s

Batley Bob

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

I wonder if we’ll see former Batley forward Saqib Murtza in action 

GB 🇬🇧 star, scorer of over 100 tries for @BatleyRLFC and 91 for @leedsrhinos in an illustrious career 🏉 Carl Gibson will be lacing up his boots again on May 22 when the joins the British Asian Rugby Association side #Batley
  • Like 1

Hope Leaky's fit by Sunday, we need the fizz and hoping that nobody else got knocks last night. We've got the ability to jump straight back.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

I was seeing if anyone from the time remembered him he played a few first team games also a few alliance games before moving on to Sheffield 

I remember him , his parents stood on terraces with us

IMG_0583.JPG

No Chisholm now; should be relatively straightforward for your lot. 20 points gap I reckon.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

16 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

No Chisholm now; should be relatively straightforward for your lot. 20 points gap I reckon.

Let's hope so BSJ. Need to get some confidence back after this wks drubbing. Teams around us are starting to hit form , while we seem to have gone a step backwards.  Having said that I'm confident we will win this one.

12 hours ago, Dog forever said:

Let's hope so BSJ. Need to get some confidence back after this wks drubbing. Teams around us are starting to hit form , while we seem to have gone a step backwards.  Having said that I'm confident we will win this one.

We’ve lost one game in the last 6 weeks - form hasn’t gone anywhere one game doesn’t make a season we go again tomorrow 3 of our next games should be fine but we’ll see before Fev at the end of June… 

2 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

We’ve lost one game in the last 6 weeks - form hasn’t gone anywhere one game doesn’t make a season we go again tomorrow 3 of our next games should be fine but we’ll see before Fev at the end of June… 

We struggled against the bottom of the league, and got battered by leigh. It might just be me but I expected more in both games. Tomorrow we play against another club who have won only one game all season. These are the games I expect us to win.

2 hours ago, distantdog said:

Tough watch so far. No spark, no pace or creativity. Interesting second half to come. 

Well, I guess it's a novel tactic: to bore the opposition into submission. Far too much one-man rugby and silly mistakes for about fifty minutes.

When they finally remembered how to pass a rugby ball, it all went a lot smoother.

• Like 1

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur