Bulldogs v Bronco,s

Batley Bob

I'm poorly and seeing the first half through twitter and DD I was ready to switch off and call it a day.

Wow glad I didn't that as perked me up somewhat.

I went for my booster jab and boy as it floored me, the other 3 just left me with a sore arm, this time I felt like I did when I had covid.

Poor first half, but we clicked a little better second half to keep us ticking over at the top end of the table. A week off will do us all some good

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

A wins a win , but still not impressed by our rugby at the moment. When cropper and wardy came on it went up another gear. Gledhill might have put a full 80 in but looked like he was running in treacle all game. Some players have forgotten how to run forward with ball in hand. Our kick offs are pathetic, it's always same kick to same player who hasn't dropped one all game. Too much one man rugby, and passing it to the man 1 metre away who's stood still.  Then last 20 we remember how to pass a ball and score some tries. 

• Like 2

Agree with the comment about such as Gledhill and surprisingly today Walshaw. There needs to be a bit more space to get them moving sometimes 2 out so there is momentum when they come on at speed. We were decidedly second best for a good 55 minutes and were looking confused and incapable for most of that time. Fortunately we remembered in time that we had played together before and did what we can, 3 tries in +- 8 minutes just swung it and nice to see Reilly with a turn of pace just to show the above guys how to crash on. 2 Cumbrian teams up next, more steel will be needed fir those.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, phildog said:

Edited by BISSA...

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

Made hard work of it today we seemed a bit off it, not sure why maybe Mondays game  took something out of us, agree with the comments about needing to run a bit harder and walshaw seemed a bit rusty after 3 weeks off, I asked linners about our kick off style apparently the longer the ball is in the air more time we have to get to it, a wins a win like they say thankfully we played a poor side today some other teams might have have punished our first have performance even more, luckily we scraped through today! 

38 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

Made hard work of it today we seemed a bit off it, not sure why maybe Mondays game  took something out of us, agree with the comments about needing to run a bit harder and walshaw seemed a bit rusty after 3 weeks off, I asked linners about our kick off style apparently the longer the ball is in the air more time we have to get to it, a wins a win like they say thankfully we played a poor side today some other teams might have have punished our first have performance even more, luckily we scraped through today! 

I think we probably only played well for 20 minutes this afternoon. Lillycrop and Ward made a huge difference playing downhill and allowed Meadows to get involved. We seemed to lack last play organisation, and Gilmore's kicking wasn't as accurate as it usually is, allowing them too much time to catch the ball unchallenged.

We miss Leak though Blake made a difference when he started to run more directly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The scrim reaper said:

I agree about rusty - playing one week having 10 days off then playing two in a week before another week off before 3 games in ten days before another weekend off 

10 hours ago, Dog forever said:

Yep same kick all time , and not just this game. Need to watch some sammut kick offs. 

For every good un Sammut makes a mess of it and puts his team under pressure. Most teams seem to favour the high hanging ball to push the opposition as far back as possible. RL is a percentage game most of the time

• Like 3

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

11 hours ago, distantdog said:

Whitely.

Thanks Distantdog, I think I remember sweets in a Flip-top called Pez. 🤔😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

we only played last 20 mins but did put some fine moves together, for me first 60 mins we looked like a team that have never played together but then we finally clicked , for me Wardy and Cropper made a difference as they were both made good yardage downhill, also Browny took some stopping and made some great tackles , def missing Leaky for that extra go forward but Blakey did well when he started to run with it.

• Like 1

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

Best period was 50 to 70 minutes Redditch 4 tries in there, then reverted. Agree with others, the sporadic essence doesn't do our game any good. We're a team which thrives on doing a good job, talking it over, brushing up and doing the same in a clockwork fashion and gaps don't always do us good.