New wire props coming……AT LAST.

Many of us made the call about the warrington pack being too lightweight right at the start of tye season

So why could nt warrington see it. 

Now fitzpatrick is off down under covering his tracks

15 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Can we have a thread about the tea and coffee on sale at the HJ next please, or maybe the quality of toilet roll in the bogs? 

You expect toilet roll in the bogs?

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Can we have a thread about the tea and coffee on sale at the HJ next please, or maybe the quality of toilet roll in the bogs? 

Who are you, Angela powers? 

(Besides which, its been a while since I've laid a cable at the HJ, I think they have the serviette dispenser style toilet paper)

9 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Confirmed that Charnley will leave at the end of the year. 

Well, that's both surprising and not surprising,  there was a question mark over powell's thoughts on charnley, since he was a target when we played cas., I did wonder if he'd get the matty russell treatment when  price took over.

Theres a lot of money tied up in charnley 

21 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Well, that's both surprising and not surprising,  there was a question mark over powell's thoughts on charnley, since he was a target when we played cas., I did wonder if he'd get the matty russell treatment when  price took over.

Theres a lot of money tied up in charnley 

I always think he gets unfair stick, for me he's done little wrong at Wire, he works hard and given half a chance he generally finishes moves off. Yet he always fails to be liked by the fans and Powell clearly has little time for him. 

I hope he does well wherever he goes. 

• Like 4

Just now, Dave T said:

I always think he gets unfair stick, for me he's done little wrong at Wire, he works hard and given half a chance he generally finishes moves off. Yet he always fails to be liked by the fans and Powell clearly has little time for him. 

Why is that? He has always looked a threat when I've seen play for Warrington and I rated him highly at Wigan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

He was a much more sensible signing than Lineham and has done a decent job.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I always liked him and he worked hard on the first carries and could finish. But I always thought he got caught out positional wise on our line defending, regularly coming in. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

The tea at Wire isn’t that bad, bottom of the Tea League for me so far this season is LUFC. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Damien said:

Why is that? He has always looked a threat when I've seen play for Warrington and I rated him highly at Wigan.

I don't know if it's the fact that we rarely get the glory tries from him, like he used to score for Wigan. 

A winger will only be as good as the service he receives and at the start of the year he was scoring, in recent games he's lucky to get a pass, but some fans just see that he isn't scoring. 

Ive always liked him tbh, hope he does well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I always liked him and he worked hard on the first carries and could finish. But I always thought he got caught out positional wise on our line defending, regularly coming in. 

Winger is one of those positions I suppose where you get 3xposed and can be left looking silly. No doubt he makes some bad reads, but I dont personally feel any more than others who get free passes. 

33 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I don't disagree, my assumption is that he is on a good contract though, and I think allowing him to leave will enable us better balance in the squad, especially if he is replaced with Wrench / Minikin with little drop off in performance.

8 minutes ago, Dallas Mead said:

I’m on it mate 👍 who do you support?

Saints traditionally, though I’m more a fan of the game in general these days and take a particular interest in a few other clubs also (Sheffield Eagles, Widnes and the Anglian Vipers now too👌 ). 

Edited by Eddie

2 minutes ago, Alffi 7 said:

I don't disagree, my assumption is that he is on a good contract though, and I think allowing him to leave will enable us better balance in the squad, especially if he is replaced with Wrench / Minikin with little drop off in performance.

Yeah, I'm not saying the decision to release is wrong, as always there is a balancing act with the cap, and I think Thewlis may take that spot. It was more a general observation that I think he is reviewed harshly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

Waste of money. Should be a young lad from Latchford.

Not sure I understand your point here Dave. As much as it pains me to say it, the reason Saints Wigan and Leeds have had more success than us is because they have been prepared to develop and put faith in lads from unglamorous places on their own doorstep. No reason why someone from Latchford couldn't be a top player.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Not sure I understand your point here Dave. As much as it pains me to say it, the reason Saints Wigan and Leeds have had more success than us is because they have been prepared to develop and put faith in lads from unglamorous places on their own doorstep. No reason why someone from Latchford couldn't be a top player.

Totally agree. My point is that some people seem to frown on Wire signing anyone and trying to 'buy the title' when in reality every club sign players. 

Our youth development is progressing nicely, but it's a slow process. 

And, are you suggesting Latchford is unglamorous? 😆

Edited by Dave T