Sat 21st-Sun 22nd May: The Betfred League One Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League One games here.

SATURDAY 21st MAY
Rochdale Hornets v Doncaster KO 15:00
Swinton Lions v Cornwall KO 14:00 (OuRLeague)
West Wales Raiders v Hunslet KO 15:00

SUNDAY 22nd MAY
Keighley Cougars v Midlands Hurricanes KO 15:00

10 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League One games here.

SATURDAY 21st MAY
Rochdale Hornets v Doncaster KO 15:00
Swinton Lions v Cornwall KO 14:00 (OuRLeague)
West Wales Raiders v Hunslet KO 15:00

SUNDAY 22nd MAY
Keighley Cougars v Midlands Hurricanes KO 15:00

Rochdale 32-16 Doncaster

Swinton 30-16 Cornwall

West Wales Raiders 6-26 Hunslet

Keighley 44-18 Midlands Hurricanes

28 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Rochdale v Doncaster
Swinton Lions v Cornwall
West Wales Raiders v Hunslet
Keighley Cougars v Midlands Hurricanes

No surprises.

the only one that could throw up a surprise in there is if Donny find their mojo against hornets....

...but I don't think it'll happen 😉

• Like 1

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

17 hours ago, weighman said:

why only 4 games ?

Because while everyone else gets a week off, Skolars always play the night before the Challenge Cup final to try to attract people who are down for the final.

Their match from this round (against Oldham) is next Friday ahead of Saturday's CC final, instead of this week.

Edited by Barley Mow

On 19/05/2022 at 10:42, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Hunslet only away winners. As a Cru supporter I'd like to see Midlands beat Keighley but I don't see that happening.

Someone has to beat Cougars at some point and, if no one else is going to do it, might as well be Hurricanes.

Rochdale Hornets 28 v 14 Doncaster
Swinton Lions 28 v 12 Cornwall
West Wales Raiders 16 v 30 Hunslet 

Keighley Cougars 32 v 33 Midlands Hurricanes 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Yorks Tim said:

Someone has to beat Cougars at some point and, if no one else is going to do it, might as well be Hurricanes.

Rochdale Hornets 28 v 14 Doncaster
Swinton Lions 28 v 12 Cornwall
West Wales Raiders 16 v 30 Hunslet 

Keighley Cougars 32 v 33 Midlands Hurricanes 

I admire your optimism!! 😉

However, I don't think anyone's going to go through this season unbeaten (no, not even us). The question is going to be who loses to who, and come the end of the season I think it's going to be very, very tight at the top.*

*obviously I hope it's us squeezing into 1st, for the automatic promotion 🤞 

• Like 3

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

All home wins except Hunslet. Hoping Midlands will get the win, but not expecting it.

No League 1 game at North Wales Crusaders this week but plenty of other games to go and watch

North Wales Crusaders Wheelchair v Warrington Wolves Wheelchair Saturday 12:00 at Glyndwr University Sports Hall, Wrexham

North Wales Crusaders Wheelchair host the Peacock Cup on Sunday from 10:30 at Glyndwr University Sports Hall, Wrexham

North Wales Buccaneers Masters v Wigan St Judes Masters, Sarurday 14:00 at Rydal School Colwyn Bay

Edited by gogledd
  • Like 3

Feels like we were robbed. Had to tries disallowed. One of them the ref was going to give but the touchie told the ref he had lost count of the tackle count and he reckoned it was the 7 th 

Hhrricanes were down to 12 twice and I’ve no idea how many resets Keighley were given.

At 19-18 we really had them rattled. A clear knock on as attested to by the Keighley fans around me was given as a try. Then an intercept when Hurricanes were really pressimg them gave the score line a very flattering look for the Cougars

• Like 3

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

According to Keighley socials it was due to a 'sub par' performance and nothing to do with the Hurricanes playing well. Funny how lots of teams coincidentally put in a poor performance every single time Hurricanes put in a good performance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

According to Keighley socials it was due to a 'sub par' performance and nothing to do with the Hurricanes playing well. Funny how lots of teams coincidentally put in a poor performance every single time Hurricanes put in a good performance. 

I think it is acceptable to write that a side did put in a sub par performance, while at the same time acknowledging that the opposition played well.

I believe Keighley scored 2 tries on 2 separate occasions when Midlands were down to 12 men - AND Midlands scored more points than any other opposition,this campaign. 

The last Keighley try may also have been scored after a forward pass.

There may be a perceived slight felt by the Midlands club about comments made regarding the future of the sport,last year,but the performance by Keighley Cougars has not been as good as it has been,hitherto,which does not remove the fact that Midlands were also held up twice over the line and they caused Keighley Cougars more problems than any other this campaign, thus far. 

If it isn't allowed to be a sub par performance - I would like Keighley Cougars to return to the form they have shown since the season started at Oldham and not repeat todays performance. 

I would not like Midlands Hurricanes to repeat their performance in the reverse fixture.

• Like 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.