Sat 21st-Sun 22nd May: The Betfred League One Match Thread

35 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

According to Keighley socials it was due to a 'sub par' performance and nothing to do with the Hurricanes playing well. Funny how lots of teams coincidentally put in a poor performance every single time Hurricanes put in a good performance. 

A lot of unforced errors to be fair. Not sure if anyone keeps track of the stats at this level but probably more than any other league game so far this season. Hurricanes were good though, would probably have won without the two pretty silly sin binnings.

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

A clear knock on as attested to by the Keighley fans around me was given as a try. 

Can't even think which try you mean so can't have been that clear... I'll wait for the highlights.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BD20Cougar said:

A lot of unforced errors to be fair. Not sure if anyone keeps track of the stats at this level but probably more than any other league game so far this season. Hurricanes were good though, would probably have won without the two pretty silly sin binnings.

Can't even think which try you mean so can't have been that clear... I'll wait for the highlights.

Mo agoro last try, Keighley fans said he knocked on. As to Joshua Chapman his views are not objective, he has issues. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I think it is acceptable to write that a side did put in a sub par performance, while at the same time acknowledging that the opposition played well.

I believe Keighley scored 2 tries on 2 separate occasions when Midlands were down to 12 men - AND Midlands scored more points than any other opposition,this campaign. 

The last Keighley try may also have been scored after a forward pass.

There may be a perceived slight felt by the Midlands club about comments made regarding the future of the sport,last year,but the performance by Keighley Cougars has not been as good as it has been,hitherto,which does not remove the fact that Midlands were also held up twice over the line and they caused Keighley Cougars more problems than any other this campaign, thus far. 

If it isn't allowed to be a sub par performance - I would like Keighley Cougars to return to the form they have shown since the season started at Oldham and not repeat todays performance. 

I would not like Midlands Hurricanes to repeat their performance in the reverse fixture.

The Cougars social media made no mention of a good performance from the Hurricanes. They also took a dig at Benn Hardcastle - a player who played for you for free when you were in financial problems. 

What annoys me is that this is not the first time. Every time Hurricanes play well and deserve some credit that gets taken away because the opposition coincidentally had a 'poor performance'. What ever happened to saying well played to the opposition? How will a club like the Hurricanes ever be seen as equals when time and time again stuff like this happens. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

The Cougars social media made no mention of a good performance from the Hurricanes. They also took a dig at Benn Hardcastle - a player who played for you for free when you were in financial problems. 

What annoys me is that this is not the first time. Every time Hurricanes play well and deserve some credit that gets taken away because the opposition coincidentally had a 'poor performance'. What ever happened to saying well played to the opposition? How will a club like the Hurricanes ever be seen as equals when time and time again stuff like this happens. 

I'll say it.... When Hurricanes played North Wales Crusaders earlier this year they played really well and came within a score of beating us. They probably gave us more problems than the majority of teams we've played.

Lets hope Keighley fans can do the same... and give some credit where its due.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OriginalMrC said:

Not every time mate. You certainly got credit from me and other Crusaders fans after you ran us close a few weeks back. You’ve got a tough uncompromising side there.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, clwydianrange said:

Not every time mate. You certainly got credit from me and other Crusaders fans after you ran us close a few weeks back. You’ve got a tough uncompromising side there.

People on here have been supportive and complementary by and large.

I think MrC's complaint is aimed at (some) clubs' official social media accounts which are hardly ever as generous as the fans they cater to. Everyone we spoke to today at Keighley had good things to say about the Midlands performance. As they did at the Crusaders game a few weeks ago.

Hunslet mebbe not so much 🤣

Edited by Yorks Tim
spelling
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Yorks Tim said:

People on here have been supportive and complementary by and large.

I think MrC's complaint is aimed at (some) clubs' official social media accounts which are hardly ever as generous as the fans they cater to. Everyone we spoke to today at Keighley had good things to say about the Midlands performance. As they did at the Crusaders game a few weeks ago.

Hunslet mebbe not so much 🤣

Yeah don't think Hunslet will ever change 😂 But yes it's more about official output. Its almost like they are embarrassed to be run close by a team like the Hurricanes 

Erm,Keighley Cougars social media - from around the time it was being criticised and shortly after it had addressed the usual viewers -

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cougarmania/status/1528475644291690496?cxt=HHwWgMC9nYKgnrYqAAAA

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

28 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Erm,Keighley Cougars social media - from around the time it was being criticised and shortly after it had addressed the usual viewers -

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cougarmania/status/1528475644291690496?cxt=HHwWgMC9nYKgnrYqAAAA

Yes and fair play to them for posting this. Would they have done so without some critical voices, not so sure. Main thing is that they did though and can't ask for more than that. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Just finished reading the programme. 

The Keighley Cougars chairman, ' The Midlands side is one that can cause an upset.'

The Keighley Cougars head coach,' The Hurricanes are a good team who have shown since we returned to action from Covid last year that they are more than capable of beating the more established clubs and have been unlucky this year to not beat North Wales and Hunslet.

Midlands play some really good footy and are good defensively.....'

The Keighley Cougars skipper,'....As we saw last season,the Hurricanes are more than capable of testing and beating the heartland clubs in this division and we have to again be at the very top of our game to make sure we maintain our unbeaten start to the season.'

With the addition of former Keighley players I think that Midlands Hurricanes were,and are,and will be seen as equals before,during and after games.

I know,for a fact,that Mr Squires is highly respected,as,of course,is Dave Scott.

I may have to find some pennies now,and travel down there for the equals re-match. 

• Like 2

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

21 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Keighley coach has his say.

https://fb.watch/dbrcyuKyss/

• Like 2